OUR PERFORMANCE VERSUS MEXICO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Igugu
Egg
Egg
OUR PERFORMANCE VERSUS MEXICO

Post by Igugu »

I am re-watching the match between Nigeria and Mexico on my TV, and I must say this, based on my observations.

1) Our Eagles played very well, never mind we let in two goals as opposed to scoring one.
2) Those two goals were never Uzoho's faults, but Ekong's.
3) Ekong must improve his defending standards, awareness and know-how, if he must stay being Central Defender for the Eagles. His slowness to react and his sense of anticipation of danger may cost him his status in the Eagles.
4) Moffi, if he desires to be a regular for the Eagles, must do better than what I saw of him today. Maybe it is because this is his first outing with the squad, but he left much to be desired in his plays upfront.
5) Our reasons for being proud of this squad today rest squarely on the performances of: Aribo, Iwobi, Bassey, Ajayi, Desser. The rest gave sub-par performances. We could have easily won this encounter; but we live to fight another day.

Conclusion: I expect our performances to improve in our next encounter in New Jersey/New York match coming next.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OUR PERFORMANCE VERSUS MEXICO

Post by vancity eagle »

I agree.

Im not sure about Ajayi, I'd have to watch again, he was shaky early, but so was Bassey and he recovered to play very well.

This wasn't Moffi's first match, it may have even been his third, but he's played at least once before and I agree he isn't good enough with all the forwards we have.

Aribo, Bassey, Iwobi, Desser were good

the rest were Meh

We have to move on from Moses Simon, terribly limited player.

Ekong needs to sit on the bench and sort out his club career.

I hope Pesseiro is quick to learn unlike Rohr and Eguavoen who kept doing the same stupid thing when it was clear not to work.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Igugu wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:42 am I am re-watching the match between Nigeria and Mexico on my TV, and I must say this, based on my observations.

1) Our Eagles played very well, never mind we let in two goals as opposed to scoring one.
3) Ekong must improve his defending standards, awareness and know-how, if he must stay being Central Defender for the Eagles. His slowness to react and his sense of anticipation of danger may cost him his status in the Eagles.
4) Moffi, if he desires to be a regular for the Eagles, must do better than what I saw of him today. Maybe it is because this is his first outing with the squad, but he left much to be desired in his plays upfront.
5) Our reasons for being proud of this squad today rest squarely on the performances of: Aribo, Iwobi, Bassey, Ajayi, Desser. The rest gave sub-par performances. We could have easily won this encounter; but we live to fight another day.

Conclusion: I expect our performances to improve in our next encounter in New Jersey/New York match coming next.
how are you rewatching it ?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

by the way its a real plus if Iwobi's endurance has improved.

He played 90 minutes in the hot Texas heat, and still had plenty of energy at the end. He was never like that before.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:53 am
Igugu wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:42 am I am re-watching the match between Nigeria and Mexico on my TV, and I must say this, based on my observations.

how are you rewatching it ?
I re-watched it from my recorded DVR of the Hispanic Channel, TUDN En Vivo. I do watch and record all sports I choose to from CBS Sports, Fox Sports, NBC Sports, Bein Sports, and soccer from Brazillian League, European Leagues, South American Leagues, etc. I still have records of few years ago of Nigeria vs Mexico when all home-based players were used. I still have the last AFCON Matches and some Premier Leagues Matches that I have not yet deleted.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Kai Moses Simon is such a USELESS player

watching the match again, and the Mexican player gave the ball right to Simon, he had Moffi wide open on goal and he mishit the pass and it was way off. Earlier in the match I remember he passed the ball out of bounds.

Useless player. Ahmed Musa reincarnated.

Get rid of him Peseiro.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:51 am Kai Moses Simon is such a USELESS player

watching the match again, and the Mexican player gave the ball right to Simon, he had Moffi wide open on goal and he mishit the pass and it was way off. Earlier in the match I remember he passed the ball out of bounds.

Get rid of him Peseiro.
Where are you watching the full game ?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:18 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:51 am Kai Moses Simon is such a USELESS player

Get rid of him Peseiro.
Where are you watching the full game ?
TUDN Univision on my IPTV.

They replayed it again but only showed about a half hour version
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:11 am by the way its a real plus if Iwobi's endurance has improved.

He played 90 minutes in the hot Texas heat, and still had plenty of energy at the end. He was never like that before.
That’s what playing week-in week-out does to your match fitness. Lampard played him consistently over the past few months including at a very physically Right wingback position.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Iwobi played very well
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

lacidi wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:07 pm

Iwobi played very well
I wonder what he’s done?
Could be a new personal trainer, diet etc but I started noticing it towards the end of the season with Everton.
Fascinating.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Truth is, it’s still much of the same, we find it hard to hold on to the ball in midfield and create chances. We had players out but this was a super young Mexican team full of players trying to make the Qatar squad, but they played like they were the much more well oiled machine with accurate passing and movement. Something we are super poor at, I just realized that none of our cross field balls reached their target while Mexico was pinging those balls accurately stretching our defense and easily making inroads into our box to test Uzoho. We played a little better in the second half but still only made two inroads into their box the entire game. There could have been other opportunities if our players could play a basic pass in behind space to the strikers (who were making decent runs - Dessers esp.), something the likes of Iwobi find super hard to do.

Peseiro has his work cut out for him, I don’t know how he will get the likes of Iwobi to play an accurate pass behind the defense. At least Kelechi would get the pass right but his many other deficiencies makes playing him in that position a huge risk. Let’s see how the next game goes. But I’m definitely not expecting much with these set of players…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:07 pm Truth is, it’s still much of the same, we find it hard to hold on to the ball in midfield and create chances. We had players out but this was a super young Mexican team full of players trying to make the Qatar squad, but they played like they were the much more well oiled machine with accurate passing and movement. Something we are super poor at, I just realized that none of our cross field balls reached their target while Mexico was pinging those balls accurately stretching our defense and easily making inroads into our box to test Uzoho. We played a little better in the second half but still only made two inroads into their box the entire game. There could have been other opportunities if our players could play a basic pass in behind space to the strikers (who were making decent runs - Dessers esp.), something the likes of Iwobi find super hard to do.

Peseiro has his work cut out for him, I don’t know how he will get the likes of Iwobi to play an accurate pass behind the defense. At least Kelechi would get the pass right but his many other deficiencies makes playing him in that position a huge risk. Let’s see how the next game goes. But I’m definitely not expecting much with these set of players…
i get your point, but 6 years of playing that way may take some time to be eradicated from our SE. **** really messed up and moved us away from possession football. go and even watch our 3 WCS games in 18 and then AFCON 2019. we played nothing but kick and follow football under ****. I believe Pasero will change that style. The 2nd half was a lot better
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:36 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:07 pm Truth is, it’s still much of the same, we find it hard to hold on to the ball in midfield and create chances. We had players out but this was a super young Mexican team full of players trying to make the Qatar squad, but they played like they were the much more well oiled machine with accurate passing and movement. Something we are super poor at, I just realized that none of our cross field balls reached their target while Mexico was pinging those balls accurately stretching our defense and easily making inroads into our box to test Uzoho. We played a little better in the second half but still only made two inroads into their box the entire game. There could have been other opportunities if our players could play a basic pass in behind space to the strikers (who were making decent runs - Dessers esp.), something the likes of Iwobi find super hard to do.

i get your point, but 6 years of playing that way may take some time to be eradicated from our SE. **** really messed up and moved us away from possession football. go and even watch our 3 WCS games in 18 and then AFCON 2019. we played nothing but kick and follow football under ****. I believe Pasero will change that style. The 2nd half was a lot better
For once I find myself agreeing with you. Anywhere-Bele-Face style of play had been our style. No display of skills and ball control. I hope in this coach's dispensation things will change.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Igugu wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:35 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:36 pm

For once I find myself agreeing with you. Anywhere-Bele-Face style of play had been our style. No display of skills and ball control. I hope in this coach's dispensation things will change.
I dunno if it’s that simple, I think the issue is the players not just the coach, when we had Mikel, Onazi, Victor Moses etc we played possession footie under every coach because those guys could hold the ball and pick the right next pass and demanded the ball even under pressure as they were super confident in their abilities. Right now we don’t have these sort of players, the likes of Ndidi, Bonke, Aribo even Iwobi cannot play that CM/DM role the same way and mainly shy away from the ball. I was hoping Etebo would pick up the mantle but injuries have slowed him down. I just don’t see any Nigerian midfield generals anywhere atm…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!