Just watched the game

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Just watched the game

Post by Tobi17 »

The two home based lads Ishaq and Madu bossed that midfield, they played with a certain flair and confidence that I liked...against Ecuador they should get a run out.

A midfield of Aribo, Ishaq and Madu can be tried out
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Just watched the game

Post by vancity eagle »

Now I know you didn't watch the match.

First off both players were only on for 9 minutes. Not exactly sure what you saw to proclaim "they bossed the midfield"

Also Ishaq did not play in midfield but on the wings.

the only guys that "bossed" anything, if we can even call it that were Iwobi, Aribo, Bassey. Thats it.

you are falling for the coordinated hype campaign.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:41 am The two home based lads Ishaq and Madu bossed that midfield, they played with a certain flair and confidence that I liked...against Ecuador they should get a run out.

Hang on… didn’t you say elsewhere that the Homebase’s project should be stopped now? I could be wrong…
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:41 am The two home based lads Ishaq and Madu bossed that midfield, they played with a certain flair and confidence that I liked...against Ecuador they should get a run out.

The home-based players weren't bad but only Ishaq Rafiu stood out to me (he played on the right wing and not in midfield). The Chiamaka Madu that you are talking about almost gifted the Mexicans a 3rd goal.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mystic wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:09 pm

The home-based players weren't bad but only Ishaq Rafiu stood out to me (he played on the right wing and not in midfield). The Chiamaka Madu that you are talking about almost gifted the Mexicans a 3rd goal.
Are you talking about the play where Ekong gave him a horrible pass? That’s not his fault, even Awaziem was yelling at Ekong to calm down and relax after that play. Wasn’t Madus fault at all, was a panicky pass from Ekong.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

maceo4 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:06 pm

Are you talking about the play where Ekong gave him a horrible pass? That’s not his fault, even Awaziem was yelling at Ekong to calm down and relax after that play. Wasn’t Madus fault at all, was a panicky pass from Ekong.

You could be right but that was not my observation. When I rewatch the match I'll look out for that.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Uncle try rewatching it with clear eye.
mystic wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:14 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:06 pm

You could be right but that was not my observation. When I rewatch the match I'll look out for that.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The wing positions can also be considered part of the midfield. In fact, the wing and wide players are often the main outlets for the central midfielders and the defense❗️

Cheers.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

LOL.

What a LIE.

I haven't rewatched the game yet. I will this evening. But from watching it live, the home based were complete TRASH.

The #7 who came on was LOST tactically. He was all over the place. Had a lot of hustle but was just not it technically and tactically. When we made more attacking subs and brought in more homebased players, we had no hope of snatching a draw. It was not a good display at all.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ugbowo wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 5:15 pm LOL.

What a LIE.

I haven't rewatched the game yet. I will this evening. But from watching it live, the home based were complete TRASH.

The #7 who came on was LOST tactically. He was all over the place. Had a lot of hustle but was just not it technically and tactically. When we made more attacking subs and brought in more homebased players, we had no hope of snatching a draw. It was not a good display at all.
What do you expect from the agenda pushers ?

Every time this happens they hype their product to high heavens.

Remember Iwuala ?
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

I agree. Ishaq Kayode plays real Nigerian soccer. He's big, strong, can run, and keeps possession of the ball. That’s the Nigerian soccer I know from years ago.
Some of the new foreign-based Super Eagles of nowadays play like they're scared and they're not very creative.
Guys like Kayode, Ejuke, and Nwakali are needed in our team. Hopefully Kayode gets to start in our next friendly match.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The SuperEagles always look better to me upon watching a second time. Perhaps it’s the anxiety of not wanting them to lose that gives the first impression of a subpar performance. There are lots of things to work on, particularly in the midfield, like pressuring the ball and ball recovery. Despite some obvious lapses, we seemed more organized in defense and a little better at maintaining our defensive shape.

My final scorecard: Work in Progress❗️

Cheers.