Uzoho

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Uzoho

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I think he had a brilliant performance vs Mexico and showed he’s still one of our best goalies. However, he does need to improve his ball distribution when passing from the back. Injuries and lack of regular action have obviously affected his development, he needs a good full season of regular action to regain his confidence fully, it’ll help him recover quickly from errors as he tends to get down on himself after making a mistake. I hope he gets a club in a decent league soon because he’s very talented goalie. Maybe Holland,Belgium even La Liga 2 would be good. Very tough for African goalies to get a team in Europe.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Igugu
Egg
Egg
Re: Uzoho

Post by Igugu »

Agreed.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Not really to blame for the first goal, but a more decisive and confident keeper would have stopped that from being a goal IMO.

He's OK.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:43 pm Not really to blame for the first goal, but a more decisive and confident keeper would have stopped that from being a goal IMO.

He's OK.
Really? :shock: How? Let’s be realistic with our evaluations and leave fantasy out. It was not possible for him to make a point blank save and still save the rebound that came off a player while he hadn’t even landed on the ground from making the point blank save. He b winch?
OCCUPY NFF!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Nothing special about Uzoho, his ball distribution is terrible and puts the team under unnessesary pressure, plus he is just average. We need a keeper that performs week in week out, or else we will see many more errors like the one in the Ghana game.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Uzoho is grossly unprofessional period
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Definitely a better league and playing time will help. Did they say Carl Ikeme is back in training again?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:49 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:43 pm Not really to blame for the first goal, but a more decisive and confident keeper would have stopped that from being a goal IMO.

He's OK.
Really? :shock: How? Let’s be realistic with our evaluations and leave fantasy out. It was not possible for him to make a point blank save and still save the rebound that came off a player while he hadn’t even landed on the ground from making the point blank save. He b winch?
An unlucky ricochet can happen to any keeper, that’s just ridiculous to say as he actually came out decisively and saved the 1-v-1 shot, that’s all he can do in that moment…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

jette1 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:41 pm Uzoho is grossly unprofessional period
How is he unprofessional?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

packerland wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:44 pm
He goes into these mental lapses typical of what you see in a pickup game as if he completely forgot that ball could come zipping at anytime. He easily caught a very good shot yesterday and made it look like it wasn’t even a short because he was alert.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

greg wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:54 pm Definitely a better league and playing time will help. Did they say Carl Ikeme is back in training again?
Not professionally.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

jette1 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:06 pm
He goes into these mental lapses typical of what you see in a pickup game as if he completely forgot that ball could come zipping at anytime. He easily caught a very good shot yesterday and made it look like it wasn’t even a short because he was alert.
Aside from the second Ghana game, which mental lapses are you talking about?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

gochino wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:55 pm Nothing special about Uzoho, his ball distribution is terrible and puts the team under unnessesary pressure, plus he is just average. We need a keeper that performs week in week out, or else we will see many more errors like the one in the Ghana game.
Kpom.

We cannot have a guy starting for us who cannot even get playing time in Cyprus. Our keeper needs to be playing week in week out. He is a backup at best. Frankly I would rather have seen that homebased guy.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:27 pm
gochino wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:55 pm Nothing special about Uzoho, his ball distribution is terrible and puts the team under unnessesary pressure, plus he is just average. We need a keeper that performs week in week out, or else we will see many more errors like the one in the Ghana game.
Kpom.

We cannot have a guy starting for us who cannot even get playing time in Cyprus. Our keeper needs to be playing week in week out. He is a backup at best. Frankly I would rather have seen that homebased guy.
They better give the HB keeper some PT next game.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Uzoho shines in friendlies
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...everything about SE, Nigeria football as a whole is average vs the world's best. So blame Uzoho solely.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:27 pm
Kpom.

...if no major or minor club will sign one of yours to be a starter, you might as well field an outfield player to be your goalie :lol:
Most African sides at recent Afcon don play for known clubs.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Are we so thirsty of a win or our HB players that bad that we can’t even start a HB Gk for the last 15mins of a friendly match?

Enyeama was discovered because we gave him a chance in a dead rubber WC match that didn’t matter. In addition, he played week in and week out for Enyimba.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

packerland wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:38 pm Are we so thirsty of a win or our HB players that bad that we can’t even start a HB Gk for the last 15mins of a friendly match?

Enyeama was discovered because we gave him a chance in a dead rubber WC match that didn’t matter. In addition, he played week in and week out for Enyimba.
The only thing bad about our home based goalies is the fact that they are home based. I have never seen Ezenwa commit the kind of blunders that Okoye and Uzoho are prone to… but the grass always appears greener on the other side to some Nigerians❗️

Cheers.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:51 pm
packerland wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:38 pm Are we so thirsty of a win or our HB players that bad that we can’t even start a HB Gk for the last 15mins of a friendly match?

The only thing bad about our home based goalies is the fact that they are home based. I have never seen Ezenwa commit the kind of blunders that Okoye and Uzoho are prone to… but the grass always appears greener on the other side to some Nigerians❗️

Cheers.
Ezenwa is fitter and more agile that these two guys but he also makes his own kind of mistakes. He occasionally has this rush of blood and mistimes his jump or closing down.

I have seen Ezenwa and Uzoho train together for the SE. Uzoho comes across as lazy, not fit and slower to the ground. I have said it here before.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:49 pm

He's OK.

Poor GK
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

maceo4 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:16 pm
How many do you want

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

jette1 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:08 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:16 pm
How many do you want
Super Eagus 4 Life!