Uzoho

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Uzoho

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:56 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:27 pm
gochino wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:55 pm Nothing special about Uzoho, his ball distribution is terrible and puts the team under unnessesary pressure, plus he is just average. We need a keeper that performs week in week out, or else we will see many more errors like the one in the Ghana game.
Kpom.

We cannot have a guy starting for us who cannot even get playing time in Cyprus. Our keeper needs to be playing week in week out. He is a backup at best. Frankly I would rather have seen that homebased guy.
They better give the HB keeper some PT next game.
Which 'home-based' keeper are you guys referring to? Was he even invited for the 'friendly' games?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:44 am
gochino wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:55 pm Nothing special about Uzoho, his ball distribution is terrible and puts the team under unnessesary pressure, plus he is just average. We need a keeper that performs week in week out, or else we will see many more errors like the one in the Ghana game.
Kpom.

We cannot have a guy starting for us who cannot even get playing time in Cyprus. Our keeper needs to be playing week in week out. He is a backup at best. Frankly I would rather have seen that homebased guy.
Which 'home-based' keeper are you guys referring to? Was he even invited for the 'friendly' games?
Odas

How many homebased players have you watched? Why ask as if you know these goalies. Point is you do not know them. It is for the coaches to seek and find these players wherever they may be- in Nigeria or outside. You do not have to know them until they get to the NT. And my reference is not just to you but to others and myself included. How exactly are we to know these guys? They are not on TV. Are they?

Odas, for starters can you please name the starting xi for Enugu Rangers or Rivers United?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Kpom.

Bros, my comments are from May 29th sha, whatever friendly we had during that time a homebased GK was called.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:04 pm
Kpom.

Odas

How many homebased players have you watched? Why ask as if you know these goalies. Point is you do not know them. It is for the coaches to seek and find these players wherever they may be- in Nigeria or outside. You do not have to know them until they get to the NT. And my reference is not just to you but to others and myself included. How exactly are we to know these guys? They are not on TV. Are they?

Odas, for starters can you please name the starting xi for Enugu Rangers or Rivers United?
EII,

Truth be told, I do not know MUCH of our current - Supereagles - players not to talk of the 'home based' (HB) ones who I have never seen play. However, many of the times, our attention is directed to players by those of us - here - who know them. Sometimes, the players they spoke of is worth the mention and in other times, it's not so.

In this case, the mention of HB being qualified, and so needs invitation to our national team got my attention because as things stand, we all know we have no goalkeeper; therefore, finding a keeper is gradually becoming pressing matter. To me, I think we shouldn't go into any major competition again with the caliber of keepers we have. I believe they will fail us again.

As to naming the current 'starting xi for Enugu Rangers or Rivers United', such is impossible for me because I barely know half of our currently national teams players. When I say 'know them', I mean being able to identify players based on their pictures, at least.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:52 pm
Kpom.

Bros, my comments are from May 29th sha, whatever friendly we had during that time a homebased GK was called.
... and it seems the 'Home based (HB) keeper' wasn't tried at all. Vincent Enyeama became our keeper after he was played in our game against England during the world cup. At that time, Enyeama was a HB player if my brain is not failing me. In this case, I wonder why the HB goalkeeper was invited but hasn't been given a chance to play.]

Anyway, let's wait and see, but I hope we will fine a better keeper than what we have now before another major, or important game comes.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

If we cannot convince Akpeyi to forgive us and come back, I would try the Nwabali guy and the Nwosu kid. They can't be any worse that the two we have now. Now anybody will be wiring shots at us from any distance, thanks to Okoye and Uzoho. Heck, I won't be surprised if opposing goalkeepers now try to score goal kicks from their 18 against us.
Kpom.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

1naija wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:47 pm If we cannot convince Akpeyi to forgive us and come back, I would try the Nwabali guy and the Nwosu kid. They can't be any worse that the two we have now. Now anybody will be wiring shots at us from any distance, thanks to Okoye and Uzoho. Heck, I won't be surprised if opposing goalkeepers now try to score goal kicks from their 18 against us.
Kpom.

Seek help :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:47 pm If we cannot convince Akpeyi to forgive us and come back, I would try the Nwabali guy and the Nwosu kid. They can't be any worse that the two we have now. Now anybody will be wiring shots at us from any distance, thanks to Okoye and Uzoho. Heck, I won't be surprised if opposing goalkeepers now try to score goal kicks from their 18 against us.
Kpom.

I am tempted to say Keeper 'Akpeyi' is better than what we have now; at least, I can't remember him conceding the type of LONG DISTANCE goals Okoye and Uzoho had conceded. Indeed, every team/player now know we can be scored from any distance; therefore, all players will be trying their lucks from afar against us.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:30 pm
Kpom.

I am tempted to say Keeper 'Akpeyi' is better than what we have now; at least, I can't remember him conceding the type of LONG DISTANCE goals Okoye and Uzoho had conceded. Indeed, every team/player now know we can be scored from any distance; therefore, all players will be trying their lucks from afar against us.
We must go beg him lol…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:11 am
Odas wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:30 pm
Kpom.

We must go beg him lol…
Maceo4,

I don't think1Naija really meant for us to beg Akpeyi to come back, rather I think 1Naija's statement is a FIGURE of speech, and was made to highlight how bad our current keepers are
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Props to him. With Omonia’s number 1 GK not playing today, he had a solid game. Well done to the lad. I still do not think Neil Lennon will pick him as first choice number 1, so he is better off going to another team where he will play every week.

He has to do a Henderson.
Last edited by wiseone on Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This will be a massive boost to his confidence.
Thank God he never comes to CE to read comments.
He wouldn’t even have been around yesterday to redeem himself.
Him for don jump enter Lagos lagoon since.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:24 amThat goal keeper against Manu was 10 times better than Uzoho, its suprising that Uzoho is even second choice.
Ooops!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:24 am
gochino wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:24 amThat goal keeper against Manu was 10 times better than Uzoho, its suprising that Uzoho is even second choice.
Ooops!
CE never forgets! :lol:
I am happy
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Dammy wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:30 am
Ooops!
Lol one good game doesn't mean he is better than the first choice, chill...
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

gochino wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:02 pm
Dammy wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:30 am
Ooops!
Lol one good game doesn't mean he is better than the first choice, chill...
What. He is better than Enyeama and okala and whoever else based on one game where the regular keeper was unavailable. Sometimes I just have to shake my head.

Here is reality: to br good, you have to produce consistently over a reasonabl u long period. Neither Uzoho nor Okoye have done I ne this. Until then, the search continues.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics