Rift Among SE Coaching Crew?: Salisu refutes media claim......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rift Among SE Coaching Crew?: Salisu refutes media claim......

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:20 pm
Lolly wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:38 am
Ugbowo wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:17 pm I was not at the training but I took 2 members of staff of the crew and a renowned journalist to go chop abula after the session and it was the main topic of conversation.....too many coaches and figuring out how to divide responsibilities. The main thing for the first session, which was already pre-planned, was to watch how he works and what he likes to do. It wasn't that they were relegated, it was moreso they were not part of the planning for that session.

We also discussed the invitation/non invitation of Nwobodo, who the technical staff was very aware of. What I deduced from the reasoning, i no like am but we move.
Who appoints too many people to do the same job? Thank God Amaju is leaving soon.
Lolly,

While I think its a lot of coaches, I also understand that such a view is not necessarily accurate. The issue is not necessarily about the number of coaches but delineate clear tasks for each. For instance, Peseiro actually came with just one guy who has direct coaching duties if you go by what has been in the papers. One other guy basically is a match analyst (I will return to this later) while the other is a Physical Trainer. On the Nigerian end, you have 4 coaches I believe. Thus, there are six guys with direct coaching responsibilities. One of those is Peseiro who oversees the other five. The issue is how does he divvy task among four of those because one is already the only Goalkeeper coach listed. Thus, it is an issue of duties for 4 assistant coaches ONMLY. The Match analyst is an issue because there are two on board. Does he need two?

No sir!

This is about winning not guaranteed jobs for the boys, including a known thief!

Why do we have to appoint assistants for the coach?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:08 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:09 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:09 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:03 pm
Ugbowo wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:48 pm Essentially wanted to give homebased a chance.
But why should that preclude his invitation? I don't get it? If he is good as stated, he should get an invitation unless they have conclude that he is peripheral to their plans.
Prof, this is the widespread fear coming into reality.
It is the dreaded 'quota' system by stealth.
So its not just about foreign-borns, but now it seems to negatively impact on even foreign-based.
God help us.
In my view it will be a travesty to introduce a quota system no matter how much economic pressures may induce this. I strongly believe that a few NPFL players, if SCOUTED, will be able to make the SE. The SE is really not such an outstanding team that local Nigerian players cannot make the squad.

You truly are clueless.
I mean if you actually understood the standard of the local players, including the conditioning, you wouldn't be uttering this rubbish.
You'll have to scout deep and hard to find that outstanding talent then commit to months of hard individual work...
In other words, no need to scout deep and wide. LOL.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:15 pm
Ugbowo wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:48 pm Essentially wanted to give homebased a chance.
But why should that preclude his invitation? I don't get it? If he is good as stated, he should get an invitation unless they have conclude that he is peripheral to their plans.
So its not just about foreign-borns, but now it seems to negatively impact on even foreign-based.
God help us.
In my view it will be a travesty to introduce a quota system no matter how much economic pressures may induce this. I strongly believe that a few NPFL players, if SCOUTED, will be able to make the SE. The SE is really not such an outstanding team that local Nigerian players cannot make the squad.

You truly are clueless.
I mean if you actually understood the standard of the local players, including the conditioning, you wouldn't be uttering this rubbish.
You'll have to scout deep and hard to find that outstanding talent then commit to months of hard individual work...

In order to achieve what?

It seems that for you the priority goal is to have a HB player in the SE. Not for the SE to win...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:00 am
God help us.

You truly are clueless.

It seems that for you the priority goal is to have a HB player in the SE. Not for the SE to win...
Funny.

You just stated that to find a good HB player requires a lot of work. So you are simply stating such work should not be done? In other words ignore HB whether they are good or not. Tufiakwa!

I am clearly for having the best players available, be that player in Kazakstan, Katrina or wherever. I do not subscribe to selling Nigeria short by restricting invitations to players in Europe's top leagues or whatever BS that is. That simply is a travesty. It appears you wish for Nigeria to continue with what remarkably has failed to pan out. Euro clubs can select the best for Nigeria? Mba, mba, mba. That is rubbish and a neglect of work needed to build Nigeria's best possible team.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:22 am
txj wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:00 am

God help us.

You truly are clueless.

Funny.

You just stared that to find a good HB player requires a lot of work. So you are simply stating such work should not be done? In other words ignore JB whether they are good or not. Tufiakwa!

I am clearly for having the best players available be that player in Kazakstan, Katrina or wherever. I do not subscribe to selling Nigeria short by restricting invitations to players in Europe's top leagues or whatever BS that is. That simply is a travesty. It appears you wish for Nigeria to continue with what remarkably has failed to pan out. Euro clubs can select the best for Nigeria? Mba, mba, mba. That is rubbish and a neglect of work needed to build Nigeria's best possible team.

We all watch the NPFL. The players are not playing in the Zambissa forest.

The same way the European clubs show us the quality of our players is the same way the NPFL clubs do.

What I'm saying is that to find an exceptional HB talent, one has to go to extraordinary lengths. Is that what we want our SE manager to deploy his time doing?

Our problem in the SE is not failure to scout players. Its failure to build a high performance team from the players.

For a serious manager that is his #1 focus not endless scouting in the Zambissa forest...

Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

txj wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:40 am Our problem in the SE is not failure to scout players. Its failure to build a high performance team from the players.

For a serious manager that is his #1 focus not endless scouting in the Zambissa forest...
But to build a high performance team requires endless scouting in Zambisa Forest.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gadfly wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:58 am
txj wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:40 am Our problem in the SE is not failure to scout players. Its failure to build a high performance team from the players.

But to build a high performance team requires endless scouting in Zambisa Forest.
But whose responsibility is it to go into that 'forest'?
What then are club scouts doing if not that?

National team managers the world over don't go trooping around academies and secondary schools and Sunday-Sunday community leagues to find their players. They target their players from recommendations and watch them performing at club level. Top clubs. That alone guarantees a minimum standard of ability, physical conditioning, mental attitude and tactical awareness. Its not about 'raw talent' which we know we have in abundance. That's only a starting point.
NATIONAL TEAM LEVEL is several layers above that.

In Nigeria's case, all this applies too. It is not an efficient use of a national manager's time to be 'unturning every stone' for the next JJ Okocha or Rashidi Yekini.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ATF, you have no point. There is nothing like Zambisa forest. This confirms everything you've said on this thread is gibberish.

Guys, disregard ATF txj!
txj wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:40 am

We all watch the NPFL. The players are not playing in the Zambissa forest.

The same way the European clubs show us the quality of our players is the same way the NPFL clubs do.

What I'm saying is that to find an exceptional HB talent, one has to go to extraordinary lengths. Is that what we want our SE manager to deploy his time doing?

Our problem in the SE is not failure to scout players. Its failure to build a high performance team from the players.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:46 pm
packerland,

This is really all about copying what EPL clubs do. LOL. Note that at Chelsea, for instance under Tuchel, they have 3 assistants + 2 goalkeeper coaches + a Chief Analyst + 1 video analyst. So we go copy am!
Prof.,

They actually don't have enough. Not according to Klinnsman when he rebuilt the US Men's team and realized that they didn't have enough support staff.

The trend was from Germany and it is now being copied by most serious national teams when it comes to staffing.

It has to do more with defined roles.

Some teams now even have assistants that deal with specific parts of a team... defending set pieces, playing set pieces, defending as a unit, pressing, transition play, final third of the field and what the Americans call "Power play" (i.e when you are a man down or a man up).
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:27 pm
packerland,

This is really all about copying what EPL clubs do. LOL. Note that at Chelsea, for instance under Tuchel, they have 3 assistants + 2 goalkeeper coaches + a Chief Analyst + 1 video analyst. So we go copy am!
Prof.,

They actually don't have enough. Not according to Klinnsman when he rebuilt the US Men's team and realized that they didn't have enough support staff.

The trend was from Germany and it is now being copied by most serious national teams when it comes to staffing.

Some teams now even have assistants that deal with specific parts of a team... defending set pieces, playing set pieces, defending as a unit, pressing, transition play, final third of the field and what the Americans call "Power play" (i.e when you are a man down or a man up).
I agree. It actually reminds me of the departmentalization of roles that you find in American gridiron football.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:24 am
Cellular wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:27 pm
packerland,

Prof.,

I agree. It actually reminds me of the departmentalization of roles that you find in American gridiron football.
Yes, I spent a few days with the Greenbay Packers during training camp. They have the head coach, the offensive & defensive coordinator, the offensive line coach, defensive line coach, Defensive Backs coach, Linebacker coach, WR & TE coach, RB coach, quality control guy, equipment manager etc…basically a coach for every position. The problem in Nigeria is that we have 4 head coaches that you want to perform the duties of an assistant coaches. In American Football you might have 1-2 former coaches in the setup.

The second problem is that our NFF is broke and at some point won’t fulfill their obligation of paying the coach on time. And at some point the coach will dig into his pockets to pay his foreign assistants while leaving the Nigerian assistant empty handed. These local coaches then seek out ways to get paid. After all they still have to bring home the bacon. So, what’s the point of having 10 assistant coaches if you can’t ayooort that number?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .