Ecuador: Peseiro Promises 'Sugar'.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ecuador: Peseiro Promises 'Sugar'.....

Post by Enugu II »

Peseiro promises attacking formation against Ecuador
https://guardian.ng/sport/peseiro-promi ... t-ecuador/
By Gowon Akpodonor
31 May 2022 | 3:30 am

After losing his first match 1-2 to Mexico at the weekend, Super Eagles coach, Jose Peseiro, has promised to do something ‘different’ when the team face Ecuador on Thursday in another international friendly in New Jersey, United States.

In the first game, Super Eagles’ stand-in captain, Watford defender, William Troost-Ekong, scored their own goal, which turned out to be the winning goal for Mexico as he tried to clear a cross. But Peseiro said the team have put behind the disappointment of the defeat to Mexico. “I take the responsibility for whatever happens to the team as the coach. We will approach the games against Ecuador differently.”

Against Ecuador on Thursday, the Portuguese promised to attack and mount pressure on them: “My philosophy as a coach is to play attacking football.”

Peseiro, who spoke with journalists after the 1-2 loss to Mexico at the AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas, assured Nigerian fans of taking the game to Ecuador’s defence on Thursday at the Red Bull Arena in Harrison. “I love my team to score and pressure the opponent, this is the best way to unsettle your opponent and win games. That was how we played in the second half against Mexico and we will work more ahead of the Ecuador game.”

Peseiro is not blaming Ekong for their own goal against Mexico. “I will not blame Ekong or any player for the loss. I take the responsibility for whatever happens to the team as the coach.

“Because Ekong scored one goal does not mean he is a bad player. He did well for the team. Every player in the world makes mistakes and that is not the end. He will come back stronger.

“Every time people want players who committed errors to be singled out for a loss, it is not like that for me. It’s a team game and errors can happen to any player. I am not happy that we lost, but I’m happy with the performance of my players because they showed character, especially after what Mexico did in the first half.”

The Guardian recalls that many Nigerian fans joined the call for the sack of former coach, Gernot Rohr, over what they termed an ‘unimpressive’ pattern of football.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
asabatex
Egg
Egg
Re: Ecuador: Peseiro Promises 'Sugar'.....

Post by asabatex »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this coach is such a breath of fresh air.. we really suffered because of **** and was the major culprit of us missing the WC
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Let him win him first game first. Talk is cheap.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:24 pm this coach is such a breath of fresh air.. we really suffered because of **** and was the major culprit of us missing the WC
So it’s Rohr’s fault that we DNQ? Wat a clown :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:02 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:24 pm this coach is such a breath of fresh air.. we really suffered because of **** and was the major culprit of us missing the WC
So it’s Rohr’s fault that we DNQ? Wat a clown :rotf:
Paso dey lose sef na Rohr fault. Self brainwashment
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I thought you were complaining on how much he was getting paid.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Coach P is best thing since slice bread! The man is what we needed!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:31 pm Let him win him first game first. Talk is cheap.
He will do so soon, Oga 1Naija. Like the coach said, we played much better in the second half than we did in the first half. It shows the coach made some 'nice' adjustments for sure
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Yeah, and we lost still. I am just saying he should win first. Ecuador may be making adjustments based on our second half adjustment against Mexico also. Na soccer game ..
Odas wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:40 am
1naija wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:31 pm Let him win him first game first. Talk is cheap.
He will do so soon, Oga 1Naija. Like the coach said, we played much better in the second half than we did in the first half. It shows the coach made some 'nice' adjustments for sure
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The WOWO crowd is slowly coming back to life. Abeg una, let’s see how Coach P does against Ecuador before you elevate him to sainthood😃😃😃❗️

Cheers.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...talk is cheap, winning is expensive. The man knows the psychology to defeat Nigerian mind so they can look the other way.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:05 pm
By Gowon Akpodonor

Against Ecuador on Thursday, the Portuguese promised to attack and mount pressure on them: “My philosophy as a coach is to play attacking football.”[/color]

Peseiro, who spoke with journalists after the 1-2 loss to Mexico at the AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas, assured Nigerian fans of taking the game to Ecuador’s defence on Thursday at the Red Bull Arena in Harrison. “I love my team to score and pressure the opponent, this is the best way to unsettle your opponent and win games. That was how we played in the second half against Mexico and we will work more ahead of the Ecuador game.”
He loves his teams to attack, yet he started with more or less 5 at the back. And waited till the 2nd half before changing to more attacking formation? Wetin dey do all these people? I don’t get paid $70k per month yet I can see these things from my laptop. I hope we have not been sold a lemon with this guy.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lolly wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:45 am
Enugu II wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:05 pm
By Gowon Akpodonor

Against Ecuador on Thursday, the Portuguese promised to attack and mount pressure on them: “My philosophy as a coach is to play attacking football.”[/color]

He loves his teams to attack, yet he started with more or less 5 at the back. And waited till the 2nd half before changing to more attacking formation? Wetin dey do all these people? I don’t get paid $70k per month yet I can see these things from my laptop. I hope we have not been sold a lemon with this guy.
See how unintelligent you are. So you think watching football from the comfort of your laptop is the same as watching from the bench as a coach...🤣🤣🤣🤣 oh lolly Muhammad you strike again
SuperEagles

Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

Guyz, Coach Peseiro might not be the best thing you guyz have wished for. He might not even be a good coach, if you want to go by the definition (of many many people)of a "good coach", and he might not beat Ecuador btu there is one thing that makes him different from Rohr: He tries to build up his team psychologically. That is what Rohr did not do. Rohrs antics were, "we are learning", we don't have a world class player, like Salah etc." or "we are a young team" etc. When you start saying that as a coach, your players will start to believe that and thus bringing themselves down.

So said, Peseiro might not be your dreamed coach but he tries to build up his team's moral etc.. Let's see how far he goes with that...

Cheers
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I hope Coach P does well.
But it’s the definition of premature to start calling him a good coach.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

He seem a good fit. Rhor was a massive misfit. Rhor never saw or appreciated the quality of his players if they’re not playing in the uefa champions league. Peseiro is talking about a very realistic chance of winning the AFCON in less than a year of taking over. You will never hear such from Rhor.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Goalgetter wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:33 am He seem a good fit. Rhor was a massive misfit. Rhor never saw or appreciated the quality of his players if they’re not playing in the uefa champions league. Peseiro is talking about a very realistic chance of winning the AFCON in less than a year of taking over. You will never hear such from Rhor.
If by good fit you mean he’s telling us what we want to hear, I agree. Rohr didn’t have time for that; he just said what he believed. Maybe that’s not a very Nigerian thing to do.

I’m no Rohr apologist (I wanted him gone for the last 2 or so years of his tenure), but his 2018 WC qualification campaign was one of the best periods for the SE in history. He brought a level-headed professionalism to our team. We’ll look back on that one day and realise how important that was.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Goalgetter wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:33 am He seem a good fit. Rhor was a massive misfit. Rhor never saw or appreciated the quality of his players if they’re not playing in the uefa champions league. Peseiro is talking about a very realistic chance of winning the AFCON in less than a year of taking over. You will never hear such from Rhor.
...what was Rhor's score at this time during his tenure of one or 2 matches? Friendly or competitive.
We will gauge this guy when he face African sides, and start to wallop them by huge goal margins, home and away.
At least that was one of the flaws of the former guy whom y'all say struggle to beat minnows.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

waka-man wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:44 am
If by good fit you mean he’s telling us what we want to hear, I agree. Rohr didn’t have time for that; he just said what he believed. Maybe that’s not a very Nigerian thing to do.

I’m no Rohr apologist (I wanted him gone for the last 2 or so years of his tenure), but his 2018 WC qualification campaign was one of the best periods for the SE in history. He brought a level-headed professionalism to our team. We’ll look back on that one day and realise how important that was.
Which History?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

fabio wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:23 pm
waka-man wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:44 am

Which History?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

waka-man wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:13 am I hope Coach P does well.
But it’s the definition of premature to start calling him a good coach.
KPAM, times (×) 10
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

... less than a year? That's waaaay too much. He is talking about winning the AFCON in less than three months of taking over the SE team.