Nigeria vs Ecuador 0:1 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Nigeria vs Ecuador 0:1 FT

Post by Cellular »

Anyone read the NYT article on the cost of us not qualifying for the World Cup?

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/02/spor ... d-cup.html
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Ecuador 0:1

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:05 pm
txj wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:59 pm
Enugu II wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:54 pm
Cellular wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:44 pm
Gotti wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:47 am
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:47 am
txj wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:34 am NFF should've done more to get the new manager a full complement of players
they are busy marketing. :boo:
txj wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:43 amInstead of focusing on helping a new manager settle down with his real team, they are more interested in marketing HB players.
Sunset wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:48 am
txj wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:43 amInstead of focusing on helping a new manager settle down with his real team, they are more interested in marketing HB players.
Hmm that's a weird take, last I checked how many of our core players either pulled out, are injured or didn't get a visa to the US?
It's more than just a weird take...
It's obtuse, juvenile and DISGUSTING to equate the inclusion of HB players with 'agency'.

First, the NFF did not even know if it would have a new coach signed and in place for this game (particularly after the Sports Minister's directive). Accordingly, if the NFF were going to be charged with "marketing" players it would be more valid to point to players who had not played club football in months and/or played for relegation clubs and thus seeking to put themselves in the shop window. But of course, the REAL reason the so-called "full complement of players" were not assembled was because Salisu was initially billed to coach these friendlies and he selected the players. including (as coach of the CHAN national team) some of the top NPFL (and thus probable CHAN team) players. The self-hatred is DESPICABLE!
:thumb:
What baffles me about this take is that it is grossly uninformed. First, there is no realization that the NFF has to also prepare the CHAN team for an upcoming competition in a situation where you have shortage of funds and you have payments from Rhor caseand crowd issues to deal with. These are real operational issues that must be managed.

I wonder what people who manage mega disasters deal with!

The excuse is so pathetic that I am embarrassed for you!

Why do we Nigerians ALWAYS make excuses for our public officials failures?

You have a peculiar penchant for defending thieves!

Tufiakwa!!!
Txj

This is about managing reality. There are many parts to it. There is CHAN competition. What should be done about that? Please tell us how you will manage that given the situation? It will be interesting to know your plan.

I'm not in the NFF so why would I have a plan? What information do I have access to in order to develop a plan?
I mean its frankly a silly question!

In my job I manage multiple issues and multiple events, SIMULTANEOUSLY. Its not rocket science.

We are asking people to manage a friendly and CHAN, and you think that is complex?

Gimme a fvcking break!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:11 pm Anyone read the NYT article on the cost of us not qualifying for the World Cup?

Yes I did. I read it, shook my head and moved on.

What do those officials care?

They have HB players to market and the likes of you, Gotti and EII to make excuses on their behalf...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Owngoal, ScoreNigeria, and the Spanish commentators of the feed I watched all blamed Faisal for that goal.

Maybe Awaziem can be blamed as well, but the idea that Faisal did not at least play a major part is laughable.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:26 am I was very impressed, and if not for good goal keeping we would have had a different outcome. Aribo, Alex, Ekong, Bassey, Aina and Uzoho were classes above the rest. After watching both games, I am very satisfied with the new coaching setup. We lost to two teams currently better than us, but we pushed them good.

By this time next year in CIV,(God willing) this team will be ready to challenge the likes of Senegal for the Afcon Title.

Now let's go show Salone and Sao Tome what our SE is made of.

Cannot wait to have the likes of Osimhen, Ndidi back
I dont think either Mexico or Ecuador is better than us with our full compliment of players.

No sir.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:39 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:26 am I was very impressed, and if not for good goal keeping we would have had a different outcome. Aribo, Alex, Ekong, Bassey, Aina and Uzoho were classes above the rest. After watching both games, I am very satisfied with the new coaching setup. We lost to two teams currently better than us, but we pushed them good.

By this time next year in CIV,(God willing) this team will be ready to challenge the likes of Senegal for the Afcon Title.

I dont think either Mexico or Ecuador is better than us with our full compliment of players.

No sir.
Neither of the teams we played had their full compliment of players. We have a lot of work to do, not the least of which is finding adequate backup players. Anytime we go out in front of the public, we must mount a credible challenge, shorthanded or not. We didn’t do that this time around❗️

Cheers.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:07 pm

No sir.
Neither of the teams we played had their full compliment of players. We have a lot of work to do, not the least of which is finding adequate backup players. Anytime we go out in front of the public, we must mount a credible challenge, shorthanded or not. We didn’t do that this time around❗️

Cheers.
The Ecuador team was full. They may have had one or two starters on the bench, but they came on in the 2nd half.

We outplayed them missing half our starters and half our squad. Their goal was a result of a homebased player the NFF were trying to pimp.

That team is not better than us, and neither is Mexico.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:12 pm

No sir.

Cheers.
The Ecuador team was full. They may have had one or two starters on the bench, but they came on in the 2nd half.

We outplayed them missing half our starters and half our squad. Their goal was a result of a homebased player the NFF were trying to pimp.

VE

We haveen tutored by Mexico for years and they are far higher than us in the vaunted FIFA ranking and you make the above claim. I laugh. You may also claim we have a better team than the USA. I can see that coming. LOL. Mind you the data and objective analysis will easily carpet you on such claims and dreams.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

No sir.
:rotf: :rotf: Mexico sef used the team C. Once Nigerians wake up to the reality that being noisy does not equate to greatness or even average, it will be the beginning of a transformation and reverse the trend of retardation.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

scholl wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:28 pm

No sir.
:rotf: :rotf: Mexico sef used the team C. Once Nigerians wake up to the reality that being noisy does not equate to greatness or even average, it will be the beginning of a transformation and reverse the trend of retardation.
Which team C is that ?

They had about 3 or 4 starters, same as us.

The difference our players were jet lagged, while theirs arrived 3 or 4 days ahead of us. They also mostly didn't travel from Europe but were already stateside or coming from Mexico.

The situation completely favored them.

Even after all that if not for that owngoal there wasn't much between the teams.

A meeting of both full teams on neutral territory I would def favor Nigeria. It's not arrogance, it's analysis based on many factors.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:17 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:12 pm

No sir.

Cheers.

VE

We haveen tutored by Mexico for years and they are far higher than us in the vaunted FIFA ranking and you make the above claim. I laugh. You may also claim we have a better team than the USA. I can see that coming. LOL. Mind you the data and objective analysis will easily carpet you on such claims and dreams.
Which tutoring ?

Every match between us despite being pretty much home matches for Mexico have been draws.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:16 pm
Cellular wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:11 pm Anyone read the NYT article on the cost of us not qualifying for the World Cup?

They have HB players to market and the likes of you, Gotti and EII to make excuses on their behalf...
Disman sef. Just acknowledge your bias...

If you didn't know the players playing you would swear that some of the pedestrian play was by homebased players.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Ecuador 0:1

Post by green4life »

txj wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:21 am
Goalgetter wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:00 am
green4life wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:54 am
txj wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:45 am
green4life wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:42 am
txj wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:34 am NFF should've done more to get the new manager a full complement of players
Dressers and Denis have no explanation for not scoring today. The manager had ample players to beat the most hopeless Ecuador I've ever seen in my life. Anyway we move on to sierra leone

We should have won the game.

But we should have our full squad available for a new manager. There’s no excuse for that…
I agree but this is nigeria so I'm not surprised. Ironically I'm surprised that they were able to get his this many SE regulars after the season ended notwithstanding that AFON qualifiers are on the horizon.

Going forward, I'd like to see a 433 with Iwobi playing higher upfield. Today's deep role reduced his opportunities to influence the game in the last third.
Iwobi played deep because clearly Peseiro wanted someone who demands and moves the ball upfield fast in that position. He did awesome! Never seen him in that role before.

Who else could have played there?
He simply had nobody else…
Thank you. That's my view as well.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:57 pm

If you didn't know the players playing you would swear that some of the pedestrian play was by homebased players.

I don't judge players by their location. That's precisely why I was scolding Vancity Eagle during the game...
I don't care if they play in Mars, as long as its based on merit...

Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

No sir.
Naija people, wen una go stop this :
I dont think [__________] is better than us with our full compliment of players.
Last edited by Rawlings on Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Rawlings wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:53 pm
No sir.
Naija people, wen una go stop this :
I dont think either [__________] is better than us with our full compliment of players.
Ok
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:34 pm
scholl wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:28 pm

No sir.
Which team C is that ?

They had about 3 or 4 starters, same as us.

The difference our players were jet lagged, while theirs arrived 3 or 4 days ahead of us. They also mostly didn't travel from Europe but were already stateside or coming from Mexico.

The situation completely favored them.

Even after all that if not for that owngoal there wasn't much between the teams.

A meeting of both full teams on neutral territory I would def favor Nigeria. It's not arrogance, it's analysis based on many factors.
:shock: :rotf: Abeg no kill me with laff :rotf: Na #$% Nigeria wey olodo boku wella we dey talk o!
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Full Match with Spanish Commentary: Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7sGBJ4bStQ

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

txj wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:54 pm

I don't judge players by their location. That's precisely why I was scolding Vancity Eagle during the game...
so highlighting a player who made a mistake is "judging player by location" ?

Am I also judging Simon by his location when I said he is rubbish ?

the homebased guys are not there on merit, its strictly business. You yourself acknowledged this truth, so what on earth are you arguing about ?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:10 pm
txj wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:54 pm

so highlighting a player who made a mistake is "judging player by location" ?

Am I also judging Simon by his location when I said he is rubbish ?

the homebased guys are not there on merit, its strictly business. You yourself acknowledged this truth, so what on earth are you arguing about ?

But you did more than that. Players fail based on a number of factors, not their location.