Simon Moses is actually a terrible player

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Simon Moses is actually a terrible player

Post by vancity eagle »

packerland wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:21 pm
maceo4 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:06 pm
akamoke wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:06 pm I think Simon is having a confidence problem following Tunisia, he didnt just become poor overnight, a bit of focus and he will be able to deliver like he does for his club
He seems to be plenty confident to me, he gotta be to keep running into the same cup de sac/trap 10 times in a row like he loves doing, in his mind he will beat his 2 to 3 defenders eventually so just keep bumping his head against the same wall, it will eventually cave in abi lmao…
If he was shot in confidence he’ll be passing the ball as soon as he receives it like Iwobi was doing during his post-Arsenal career and before Lamapard. Simon feels he can take on and beat the man/men in front of him. Th guy is not lacking i confidence. His diagnosis is ‘doing too much.’
Overconfidence or an overinflated opinion of his abilities is more the problem.

Guy thinks he is better than he is.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Una go dey abuse this guy every time! However, dude is doing his job quietly. He already got two assists in this game!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

He is a good player, but should not be routinely getting 90 minutes.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the OP is nothing but a waste pipe and offers nothing to these forums
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:07 pm
packerland wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:21 pm
maceo4 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:06 pm
akamoke wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:06 pm I think Simon is having a confidence problem following Tunisia, he didnt just become poor overnight, a bit of focus and he will be able to deliver like he does for his club
He seems to be plenty confident to me, he gotta be to keep running into the same cup de sac/trap 10 times in a row like he loves doing, in his mind he will beat his 2 to 3 defenders eventually so just keep bumping his head against the same wall, it will eventually cave in abi lmao…
If he was shot in confidence he’ll be passing the ball as soon as he receives it like Iwobi was doing during his post-Arsenal career and before Lamapard. Simon feels he can take on and beat the man/men in front of him. Th guy is not lacking i confidence. His diagnosis is ‘doing too much.’
Overconfidence or an overinflated opinion of his abilities is more the problem.

Guy thinks he is better than he is.
Would you also accept that your assessment is way off and that he is far better than you repeatedly state he is?
Yes or no?
Did he provide two assists today?
Yes or no?
No long story. :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Today was Exhibit A as to why one cannot take much written on this forum seriously when it is posted on game day when emotions are raging.

For the past year I have heard nothing but "Moses Simon does not belong anywhere near the national team". Yet today the much maligned Simon was Nigeria's best player (along with BOS).

I can see why coaches keep picking him. There were 2 moments in the game where GB got past Sanusi on Nigeria's left side and into the penalty area. Just as they were about to score or create a huge opening, I noticed a small player come suddenly out of nowhere to clear the ball and prevent a goal scoring chance. Both times I was shocked to see it was Simon (the LW) tracking all the way back into his penalty area into the LB position.

Coaches love attacking players who can "put a shift in" or "do the hard yards" as they like to say. It is the sort of thing that goes unnoticed by casual fans (who only notice goals and dribbles). Yet the ability for an attacker to "do the dirty work" defensively is something that coaches cherish because it is hard to drill into attacking players.

This is why Simon is deservedly in the team.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Simon did NOTHING on the offensive side of the game today, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

He is a horrible player. If he is on the pitch simply to defend, then why not just play a left back instead.

He gives us ZERO going forward but cul-de-sac dancing. He's actually pathetic.

One of the best players my #$%.

At least Chukwueze gets into many dangerous positions. Simon just dances on the touch lines. Rubbish player.
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Well technically he did do at least one thing offensively..he scored the match winning goal 😄
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

NO!
wiseone wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:49 pm Today was Exhibit A as to why one cannot take much written on this forum seriously when it is posted on game day when emotions are raging.

For the past year I have heard nothing but "Moses Simon does not belong anywhere near the national team". Yet today the much maligned Simon was Nigeria's best player (along with BOS).

I can see why coaches keep picking him. There were 2 moments in the game where GB got past Sanusi on Nigeria's left side and into the penalty area. Just as they were about to score or create a huge opening, I noticed a small player come suddenly out of nowhere to clear the ball and prevent a goal scoring chance. Both times I was shocked to see it was Simon (the LW) tracking all the way back into his penalty area into the LB position.

Coaches love attacking players who can "put a shift in" or "do the hard yards" as they like to say. It is the sort of thing that goes unnoticed by casual fans (who only notice goals and dribbles). Yet the ability for an attacker to "do the dirty work" defensively is something that coaches cherish because it is hard to drill into attacking players.

This is why Simon is deservedly in the team.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:12 am Simon did NOTHING on the offensive side of the game today, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

He is a horrible player. If he is on the pitch simply to defend, then why not just play a left back instead.

He gives us ZERO going forward but cul-de-sac dancing. He's actually pathetic.

One of the best players my #$%.

At least Chukwueze gets into many dangerous positions. Simon just dances on the touch lines. Rubbish player.
Wow :shock: ! Your hatred for Simon and everything he represents is beclouding your sense of reasoning and judgement.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

donadoni wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:48 am Well technically he did do at least one thing offensively..he scored the match winning goal 😄
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: oh no u didn't
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

biko Simon just cut out the unnecessary atilogu dancing and the SE will be a different team
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli