Simon Moses is actually a terrible player

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Simon Moses is actually a terrible player

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Simon is simply not good enough to start for a serious national team. His job is to deliver quality crosses or final balls and he is terrible at both. Get rid.

Wha choo looking at?!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Simon has really lost form from his first couple of games during AFCON. He seems to have gone on this relaxed mode when he is not trying to impress anymore. I hope he is benched for a few games, so he can sort out his head.

Same applies to Awaziem who must have been reading all the praises his CE groupies were giving him. He was really poor in the two recent friendlies.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:38 am Simon has really lost form from his first couple of games during AFCON. He seems to have gone on this relaxed mode when he is not trying to impress anymore. I hope he is benched for a few games, so he can sort out his head.

Same applies to Awaziem who must have been reading all the praises his CE groupies were giving him. He was really poor in the two recent friendlies.
I disagree with you on Simon but Awaziem really has not been up to par with his two recent games. He is headed south.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:44 pm
Lolly wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:38 am Simon has really lost form from his first couple of games during AFCON. He seems to have gone on this relaxed mode when he is not trying to impress anymore. I hope he is benched for a few games, so he can sort out his head.

I disagree with you on Simon but Awaziem really has not been up to par with his two recent games. He is headed south.
So you want us to believe that Simon played well in the last two friendlies?

Awaziem just needs to stretch himself. Find a better club. He has been on the fringes for too long and he is not getting any younger.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:52 pm

Awaziem just needs to stretch himself. Find a better club. He has been on the fringes for too long and he is not getting any younger.
Simon? I think so. He did well in NJ bar two wayward shots at goal that I remember. He was active pushing through the defense.

As for Awaziem, I have been high on him for years because he is natural and I had him better than any of our CDs but his last 2 games have been perplexed. You are correct that he is not getting younger and in NJ he was left panting twice that I can remember. Not a good look at all.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

The problem with Simon is he needs to add a bit more variation to his game. He doesn't always take the logical route, holds on to the ball when he should release it and his crossing can be better. It will help if he was more clinical in his finishing
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

All I know is I didn’t see the absolute disaster everyone was lamenting about in Moses Simon when I watched the Ecuador game.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:55 am All I know is I didn’t see the absolute disaster everyone was lamenting about in Moses Simon when I watched the Ecuador game.
That’s because there was no disaster to see. He did his usual hardworking stint and in a more defensive role didn’t show much of the attacking work that can when he’s part of a front three or in a 4-4-2.

My conclusion is he stole someone’s wife because the hate towards him makes no sense. He’s still our most important wide player and no manager worth their salt will leave him out of the team.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:55 am All I know is I didn’t see the absolute disaster everyone was lamenting about in Moses Simon when I watched the Ecuador game.
:clap: :clap: Those who claimed he was a disaster in that game were watching something else.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:36 am
That’s because there was no disaster to see. He did his usual hardworking stint and in a more defensive role didn’t show much of the attacking work that can when he’s part of a front three or in a 4-4-2.

My conclusion is he stole someone’s wife because the hate towards him makes no sense. He’s still our most important wide player and no manager worth their salt will leave him out of the team.
I think you are right. This woman looks very much like VE’s fiancée that he thought was going to marry him a in 2012.
She couldn’t stand his football temper tantrums.
So she left at the first opportunity. :P

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

You guys are hilarious.

A wingers primary job is to create chances.

How many chances did Simon create ?

Have we not had a problem scoring goals for a long time now ?

One of the main correlations with us not scoring, IS SIMON ON THAT LEFT WING. (Through 3 different coaches now we struggle to score with Simon pretty much the only constant)

Look how Bassey already is clocking assists with his passing and crossing and would have had another if Dennis had finished.

How many assists does Simon have in the last 2 or 3 years ?

The guy just keeps doing the same nonsense. Hugging rhe ball, Dribbling into culdesacs, failing to pass to open players (he had Osimehn wide open in Kumasi but chose to shoot from a poor angle), cannot cross or even find an open player to save his life.

If that is what you guys think is starting material, then you shouldnt be shocked we are not going to Qatar and just had our worst AFCON in 40 years.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Lolly wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:52 pm

Strange, didn't watch the game but owngoal reported that he created four chances in the Ecuador game.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

When i tok, dem sey my mouth dey smell.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

It's an overreaction to call him a terrible player. His decision making can be frustrating at times especially when he's trying to take on too many players; and his crosses are not the best. I think Lookman is a better option as a left winger. Dennis is an option there too.

If we are playing with wingbacks in 3-5-2, he may still be our best option as a left wingback because he is good defensively and despite his limitations can be effective going forward. Bassey and Sanusi are good fullbacks, but not sure yet if they are better than him as wingbacks.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:28 pm
:clap: :clap: Those who claimed he was a disaster in that game were watching something else.
Oga, drug use and mental illness is rampant on CE.

Simon created a couple of chances vs Ecuador that were fluffed by our attackers that people are conveniently overlooking either because they’re high on drugs or they’re just ignorant. His presence on the left wing kept their MF and defense honest, otherwise they would’ve collapsed on our attackers and we wouldn’t have had as many opportunities as we did. Besides, Simon is the most consistent Nigerian attacking player in Europe over the last 3yrs. He scores, assists and plays good team defense on a regular basis. His coaches have always picked him primarily to help make the team click on both ends. The reason SImon struggles often when he plays for SE is because the team has a huge imbalance in MF, as a result the default strategy was to give the ball to Simon and let him force the issue. This is contrary to the way he plays at his club where he rarely holds on to the ball too long.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Simon is definitely not a terrible player but it seems agenda must agend
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sunset wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:03 am Simon is definitely not a terrible player but it seems agenda must agend
Please show us his assists and goals over the last 4 years, and How many matches he played.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:49 am
Sunset wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:03 am Simon is definitely not a terrible player but it seems agenda must agend
Please show us his assists and goals over the last 4 years, and How many matches he played.
I'm very sure YOU can do that Mr. Agenda flip-flopper :taunt: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

I think Simon is having a confidence problem following Tunisia, he didnt just become poor overnight, a bit of focus and he will be able to deliver like he does for his club
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

akamoke wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:06 pm I think Simon is having a confidence problem following Tunisia, he didnt just become poor overnight, a bit of focus and he will be able to deliver like he does for his club
He seems to be plenty confident to me, he gotta be to keep running into the same cup de sac/trap 10 times in a row like he loves doing, in his mind he will beat his 2 to 3 defenders eventually so just keep bumping his head against the same wall, it will eventually cave in abi lmao…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:06 pm
akamoke wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:06 pm I think Simon is having a confidence problem following Tunisia, he didnt just become poor overnight, a bit of focus and he will be able to deliver like he does for his club
He seems to be plenty confident to me, he gotta be to keep running into the same cup de sac/trap 10 times in a row like he loves doing, in his mind he will beat his 2 to 3 defenders eventually so just keep bumping his head against the same wall, it will eventually cave in abi lmao…
If he was shot in confidence he’ll be passing the ball as soon as he receives it like Iwobi was doing during his post-Arsenal career and before Lamapard. Simon feels he can take on and beat the man/men in front of him. Th guy is not lacking i confidence. His diagnosis is ‘doing too much.’
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

:rotf: