Simon Moses is actually a terrible player

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Simon Moses is actually a terrible player

Post by Tobi17 »

Not sure how he does it for Nantes, but this midget has shown time and time again that he doesn't make the cut for basic football intelligence when it comes to the NT...surely there are better players than this guy?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Simon Moses is actually a terrible player

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ok o. You change your mind so much that I wouldn't be surprised to see open a "I watched the game again" thread claiming Moses most MOM.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Actually, Moses will tell us more about Peseiro than anything….

Let’s see once everyone is back if he still makes the team starting line up….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:43 am Ok o. You change your mind so much that I would be surprised to see open a "I watches the game again" thread claiming Moses most MOM.
EMIR,

Let's not make excuses for this guy, he's a big joke and actually very dumb. Let's see what other players like Yira Sor etc can offer this team, heck I'll even suggest we experiment the idea of playing Osayi in Simon's position, a player who can't even cross a damn ball at this level of football is worrying enough.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Simon Moses is a below average player playing in a farmers league in France!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I think he thrives at Nantes because he plays more as a forward.

Dumber players are worse, the further away they play from goal. He has terrible decision making that his strengths are just rendered useless.

Anyways I said it ages ago and was abused. Now people see.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:16 am I think he thrives at Nantes because he plays more as a forward.

Dumber players are worse, the further away they play from goal. He has terrible decision making that his strengths are just rendered useless.

Anyways I said it ages ago and was abused. Now people see.
Charap dia! After finally watching the game….Moses was a beast :mrgreen:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Simon has clear deficiencies and one is his shooting and long range passing. However, his quickness and close control may be among best on this team.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

I fear that he’ll be the next Musa (meaning free to retire whenever he pleases) because of those 3 group matches at AFCON 2022.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:33 pm Simon has clear deficiencies and one is his shooting and long range passing. However, his quickness and close control may be among best on this team.
He is fast, has close control, can dribble and free up space for himself and puts in good work rate.

However he cannot cross and his decision making is absolutely WOEFUL. You cannot succeed with that type of player who 9 times out of 10 makes a poor decision. He is a much better version of Musa.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:04 pm
Enugu II wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:33 pm Simon has clear deficiencies and one is his shooting and long range passing. However, his quickness and close control may be among best on this team.
He is fast, has close control, can dribble and free up space for himself and puts in good work rate.

However he cannot cross and his decision making is absolutely WOEFUL. You cannot succeed with that type of player who 9 times out of 10 makes a poor decision. He is a much better version of Musa.
VE

I agree with the deficiencies especially his crossing and I will add shooting. But with what we have should he be benched for those issues? I think not.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:07 pm

VE

I agree with the deficiencies especially his crossing and I will add shooting. But with what we have should he be benched for those issues? I think not.
Yes a player who makes poor decisions and consistently kills attacks SHOULD BE BENCHED.

You act as if we have no other options.

Ademola Lookman
Samuel Chukwueze
Akinmi Amoo
Ovie Ejaria
Yira Sor
Chidera Ejuke
Samuel Kalu
Bright Osei Samuel
Paul Mukairu
Emmanuel Dennis

We are not forward thinking people.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:32 pm

VE

Yes a player who makes poor decisions and consistently kills attacks SHOULD BE BENCHED.

Ademola Lookman
Samuel Chukwueze
Akinmi Amoo
Ovie Ejaria
Yira Sor
Chidera Ejuke
Samuel Kalu
Bright Osei Samuel
Paul Mukairu
Emmanuel Dennis

All of the listed players have strengths and weaknesses as well. It is not like they are world class.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:39 pm

VE

Ademola Lookman
Samuel Chukwueze
Akinmi Amoo
Ovie Ejaria
Yira Sor
Chidera Ejuke
Samuel Kalu
Bright Osei Samuel
Paul Mukairu
Emmanuel Dennis

All of the listed players have strengths and weaknesses as well. It is not like they are world class.
Sure but why would you not give them a chance when Simon has been piss poor for years.

Makes no sense. Simon is not an elite player to keep all those guys away from a starting berth.

I guarantee you many of those players will be far more productive.

Simon was never even better than Kalu when they both played together.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:47 pm

VE

Ademola Lookman
Samuel Chukwueze
Akinmi Amoo
Ovie Ejaria
Yira Sor
Chidera Ejuke
Samuel Kalu
Bright Osei Samuel
Paul Mukairu
Emmanuel Dennis

Sure but why would you not give them a chance when Simon has been piss poor for years.

Makes no sense. Simon is not an elite player to keep all those guys away from a starting berth.

And Kalu was the one that asked to be excused from all SE games going forward until he sorted out his club form/issues...when he was available he would almost always start over Simon...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:47 pm

VE

Ademola Lookman
Samuel Chukwueze
Akinmi Amoo
Ovie Ejaria
Yira Sor
Chidera Ejuke
Samuel Kalu
Bright Osei Samuel
Paul Mukairu
Emmanuel Dennis

Some of these options were invited but didn’t show up. Some others we’ve seen previously and they offer no clear advantages over Simon. One name being hyped now is Yira Sor. We saw him in 2019 with the U-20 and he was nowhere near ready to compete with the likes of Simon. Perhaps you should give him some more time to find his feet as a pro before you throw him in the deep end❗️

Cheers.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Which of those players "have no clear advantage over Simon" ?

Another lie.

The only 2 players on that list who have been given a decent run are Chuks and Kalu, and they have both easily been better.

Simon like Musa does not have a birthright to the national team. They need to earn their spots and frankly they have not.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

By the way I'm not convinced Simon cannot be a squad player. But he needs to make way for other options right now. We've seen what he offers and it's not good enough.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I hate to call our players names but Simon’s play make you want to call him “Aboki.” He is a frustrating player. I used to think he might have made a difference at the last World Cup had he not picked up that injury before the tournament.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I just watched the game and I don’t see the disaster you all saw in Moses Simon.
His crosses were above average or at worst average.If you doubt me, check yourself how many crosses were attempted and how many reached the strike zone.
He won a number of corners from his wing play.

Yes there were a few errors but I am struggling to see the absolute disaster y’all are ranting about.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

packerland wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:15 pm I hate to call our players names but Simon’s play make you want to call him “Aboki.” He is a frustrating player. I used to think he might have made a difference at the last World Cup had he not picked up that injury before the tournament.
You just did.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:32 pm
packerland wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:15 pm I hate to call our players names but Simon’s play make you want to call him “Aboki.” He is a frustrating player. I used to think he might have made a difference at the last World Cup had he not picked up that injury before the tournament.
You just did.
I didn’t. I said his play makes you want to. As a kid growing up, someone that can’t play footy you call them JB or Aboki.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

packerland wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:24 am
Damunk wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:32 pm
You just did.
I didn’t. I said his play makes you want to. As a kid growing up, someone that can’t play footy you call them JB or Aboki.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Memories!

Wha choo looking at?!