Eguavoen no beta pass this one so?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This is a horrible start for any coach. How can i have confidence in him going into the AFCON qualifiers? I hope we've bit been hosed.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Eguavoen no beta pass this one so?

Post by Undertaker »

Cab driver go to bed! it is past your bedtime! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

He knows what he wants but he hasn’t got it out of the team yet….

He is also more energetic than Static, lost Egu on the touch line.

Not sold on him yet but is a start
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You dey pull double shift for fingerlicking tonight?
Undertaker wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:55 am Cab driver go to bed! it is past your bedtime! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

1naija wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:53 am This is a horrible start for any coach. How can i have confidence in him going into the AFCON qualifiers? I hope we've bit been hosed.
Nothing to show that he is better. BUT he is the SE coach and has all my support.

We just need to be clear what result is not acceptable and when to trigger a sack IF required.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Even in his previous job, the results were atrocious. It's fine to go by recommendation from Jose Mourinho, but past results should also count for something. Surely not my first choice. A losing team needs a winning coach to pull it back up. Losing coach plus losing team probably continue with this kind of results.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

His past record is below average. The real question is would SE have beaten the previous teams he coached? If so, then we can make the assumption that he is a decent coach that coaches less skilled teams.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

1naija wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:53 am This is a horrible start for any coach. How can i have confidence in him going into the AFCON qualifiers? I hope we've bit been hosed.

Eguavoen was with the team before Rohr at least for 8 yrs
Egu knew all our players .
Peserio just started with not much knowledge of all our players , has not yet chosen his preferred starting eleven and style based on our talent.

,,,, You start a new job a few days in everyone starts to berate you saying the other guy you replaced that had been there for 10yrs is better than you .......
Bros we need to have common sense
Give the man a chance
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Bros, your common sense sound like excuses o. Rohr won his first game for Nigeria o. Just saying...
blueangel wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:17 pm

Eguavoen was with the team before Rohr at least for 8 yrs
Egu knew all our players .
Peserio just started with not much knowledge of all our players , has not yet chosen his preferred starting eleven and style based on our talent.

,,,, You start a new job a few days in everyone starts to berate you saying the other guy you replaced that had been there for 10yrs is better than you .......
Bros we need to have common sense
Give the man a chance
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enyi wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:01 am He knows what he wants but he hasn’t got it out of the team yet….

...antics to pacify the gullible :lol:
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

mcal wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:57 pm
Enyi wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:01 am He knows what he wants but he hasn’t got it out of the team yet….

...antics to pacify the gullible :lol:
:rotf: Nigeria is the mumu capital of the world.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

1naija wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:43 pm Bros, your common sense sound like excuses o. Rohr won his first game for Nigeria o. Just saying...

But Rhor selected his team for his first game right? And Rhor also had a full squad for his first game right? And who did Rhor play in his first game? Baseless comparisons in my opinion. Comparing apples and oranges. Judge Peseiro when his team - the team that he selected loses. The guy is working with players that he didn’t even select. How can yo judge him?
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Honestly, seems like nothing has changed, we are still calling up washed up players like Musa and Shehu, we are still playing the archaic 4-4-2, we are still not winning against any decent team, still conceding on set pieces, still not creating enough or taking our chances. Like I was afraid of, the NFF know how to hire ‘yes men’ who will basically keep things at status quo. Let’s see how we do in the next matches.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:48 pm Honestly, seems like nothing has changed, we are still calling up washed up players like Musa and Shehu, we are still playing the archaic 4-4-2, we are still not winning against any decent team, still conceding on set pieces, still not creating enough or taking our chances. Like I was afraid of, the NFF know how to hire ‘yes men’ who will basically keep things at status quo. Let’s see how we do in the next matches.
Peseiro DID NOT choose this team.

Those are all the players the NFF listed before he was even hired.

I will wait for his list come the September matches before I start to panic.

Also the 442 is not really archaic if played properly, and we played it better in those matches than I have ever seen under Rohr or Egu, minus the Egypt match.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:06 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:48 pm Honestly, seems like nothing has changed, we are still calling up washed up players like Musa and Shehu, we are still playing the archaic 4-4-2, we are still not winning against any decent team, still conceding on set pieces, still not creating enough or taking our chances. Like I was afraid of, the NFF know how to hire ‘yes men’ who will basically keep things at status quo. Let’s see how we do in the next matches.

Also the 442 is not really archaic if played properly, and we played it better in those matches than I have ever seen under Rohr or Egu, minus the Egypt match.
Which coach worth his salt will allow someone else to pick his team for him when his neck will be on the line if they don’t perform?
Last edited by maceo4 on Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:10 pm

Which coach worth his salt will allow someone else to pick his team for him when his neck will be on the line if they don’t perform?
Don't players have to be notified of a callup ? He cannot just choose any player while they are on vacation, but those who had been notified. The clubs are notified, the players are notified so they can make summer arrangents, vacation and such. Like I said he had just arrived and is getting used to the settings. It isn't really unheard of for a new coach to have his squad picked for him in the first match . He will assess these players and hopefully make the needed adjustments going forward. How much time has he had to scout players in Europe ? Of course he will rely on the NFF input.

The good sign is that he really didn't retain any of the homebased players at the expense of any foreign based.

Like I said wait til September when he will have no excuses. If we see Musa and Shehu there then we know he is compromised.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

And a flat 4-4-2 is archaic, the difference you are talking about is really just the renewed effort/desire (new coach bounce) of the players, give these boys a few games in the African heat and they will revert back to their normal play. And try and play a CM pair of Iwobi and Aribo against any top team and watch how many goals your team will collect.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:14 pm

Don't players have to be notified of a callup ? He cannot just choose any player while they are on vacation, but those who had been notified. The clubs are notified, the players are notified so they can make summer arrangents, vacation and such. Like I said he had just arrived and is getting used to the settings. It isn't really unheard of for a new coach to have his squad picked for him in the first match . He will assess these players and hopefully make the needed adjustments going forward. How much time has he had to scout players in Europe ? Of course he will rely on the NFF input.

The good sign is that he really didn't retain any of the homebased players at the expense of any foreign based.

Like I said wait til September when he will have no excuses. If we see Musa and Shehu there then we know he is compromised.
VE

Why do you think that you are the better evaluator than the manager? So if Peseiro invites Musa and Shehu in SE then he is compromised because Manager VE says so? Right? That really must be a big joke.

The reality is that while I agree that Musa should no longer be part of the team, it still DOES NOT equate that the Manager is compromised if he chooses to invite Musa in the future. Far from it. The manager should not care diddly what you and I think.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

They have been announcing his hire with way more than enough time to allow him have his input in which players get chosen for what would be his first competitive game. I don’t buy that he had zero input to this list. He was well aware of it and had enough time to make amendments, heck they made amendments calling the keeper from Israel once Okoye bowed out, if there are players he really wanted they he would have been able to add his two cents to get them invited. No need to make it seem like he has zero to do with this list as an excuse if things don’t go well…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:25 pm

They have been announcing his hire with way more than enough time to allow him have his input in which players get chosen for what would be his first competitive game. I don’t buy that he had zero input to this list. He was well aware of it and had enough time to make amendments, heck they made amendments calling the keeper from Israel once Okoye bowed out, if there are players he really wanted they he would have been able to add his two cents to get them invited. No need to make it seem like he has zero to do with this list as an excuse if things don’t go well…
Bros, leave VE with his imaginations. This guy's calling card was also the fact that he was aware of Nigerian players. Not so! He had been following the team closely since late last year. And yet six months later he has no input inviting players? Ridiculous. The logic beats Mr.

Faisal, BTW, was imposed on him. So is Musa, Shehu, and any other player who is not one of VE's favorites. Now we know the script.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Lol

You think you will start doing work BEFORE being hired ?

Especially with Nigeria we are talking about, where all these rumors mean NOTHING. The guy was supposed to be hired before and we saw what happened. You are kidding yourself if you expect the man to do work, when it was very possible he won't be hired, with the ministry even working against his appointment.

He had no time, you are just fooling yourself. It is a FACT that all these players, bar 1 or 2 called up as an emergency WERE PICKED BY NFF BEFORE HIS APPOINTMENT. These players are by en large the best Nigeria has to offer, other than the imbalance of so few midfielders. Also PLAYERS MUST BE NOTIFIED AHEAD OF TIME. You cannot just call anybody up at this point but players who were on the preliminary or backup lists.

Again nothing abnormal or wrong with Peseiro accepting this list. Assessing and then adjusting in September. That is when we can say he had 100% input or is compromised.

I expect at least a few changes. We will see.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:36 pm

Lol

You think you will start doing work BEFORE being hired ?

Especially with Nigeria we are talking about, where all these rumors mean NOTHING. The guy was supposed to be hired before and we saw what happened. You are kidding yourself if you expect the man to do work, when it was very possible he won't be hired, with the ministry even working against his appointment.

He had no time, you are just fooling yourself. It is a FACT that all these players, bar 1 or 2 called up as an emergency WERE PICKED BY NFF BEFORE HIS APPOINTMENT. These players are by en large the best Nigeria has to offer, other than the imbalance of so few midfielders. Also PLAYERS MUST BE NOTIFIED AHEAD OF TIME. You cannot just call anybody up at this point but players who were on the preliminary or backup lists.

Again nothing abnormal or wrong with Peseiro accepting this list. Assessing and then adjusting in September. That is when we can say he had 100% input or is compromised.

I expect at least a few changes. We will see.
What you are saying makes no sense, it’s not about starting work, if you have any brain cells and want to be successful it’s about making sure you are not being set up to fail. How much ‘work’ is it to make your player selection desires known so if they are not agreed to you can use that as an out when things don’t go right. If we don’t get the desired result in these games will it be the NFF or the coach that will suffer consequences? Also, look at the selection of the home based players, that could not have been done without Peseiros input, as they choose the only outfield player he played in both friendlies. They didn’t have a clue ahead of time who would impress so clearly Sani Fasails selection has a lot to do with how things panned out in these friendlies. Just stop trying to make it seem like the coach has zero input in this list, come on you are not talking to children here…

And you are wrong, players don’t need to currently be notified within a certain time frame since their season is over and they are on vacation from their clubs. It’s now down to their desire to come or not.
Last edited by maceo4 on Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

But “washed” up Musa and Shehu did not contribute to the losses.

I wonder who told him to start Awaziem on the left side of the 3 central defenders. That was a schoolboy error. And the 5 man defence in a friendly? Criminal!

I am waiting to see his next moves.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."