Match Report (Brief) as Peseiro Starts 0-2.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Match Report (Brief) as Peseiro Starts 0-2.....

Post by Enugu II »

Nigeria's best player on the day was Bassey and her nearly ended it with an assist if Dennis had taken his chance well in that second half. Clearly, Bassey brings a lot of energy, confidence, and intuition to the game. Iwobi dominated the opening half with relentless running and was present both defensively and going forward but appeared to tire late.
Alex Iwobi confidently bossing the middle with tireless work. It was nice to see Nigeria give the homebased lad Sani Faisal a start and he did earn his keep with some good work on the right until he tired out towards the end of the opening half.
http://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2022/06/p ... ively.html
Last edited by Enugu II on Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Match Report (Brief) as Peseiro Starts o-2.....

Post by wanaj0 »

So whats the win ratio now? At what point should we give him a BOOT :)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

wanaj0 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:20 am So whats the win ratio now? At what point should we give him a BOOT :)
What is there to win?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

wanaj0 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:20 am So whats the win ratio now? At what point should we give him a BOOT :)
My biggest take isn't about winning or losing in pointless friendly matches with a team he didn't pick, it's our chance creation ratio that has so far looked very good that gives me some hope, the real jury will be out next week against SL.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:32 am
My biggest take isn't about winning or losing in pointless friendly matches with a team he didn't pick, it's our chance creation ratio that has so far looked very good that gives me some hope, the real jury will be out next week against SL.
KPOM.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Still early IMHO.
FIRST game against African opposition on the continent which can be anybody’s Achilles heel - different climate, unpredictable pitches, possible logistical issues and African players that can be a handful for anyone with their strength and overall athletism even if their ball skills and tactical awareness have not been optimized.

So don’t expect a walk in the park just yet.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

What about Ecuador's chance creation ratio against us? Does that not mean anything?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:51 pm
Still early IMHO.
FIRST game against African opposition on the continent which can be anybody’s Achilles heel - different climate, unpredictable pitches, possible logistical issues and African players that can be a handful for anyone with their strength and overall athletism even if their ball skills and tactical awareness have not been optimized.

So don’t expect a walk in the park just yet.
Kpom. The guy has not had time yet to impact the team in my opinion.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

He has to at least manager 10-12 games if we are doing an honest assessment. Using the qualifier next week is not enough. He might rely on his assistant for player call ups for now and chose his starter based on training performance and past knowledge of the player.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .