Shoutout to Cyber folks!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Shoutout to Cyber folks!!!

Post by Enugu II »

I was glad to see Cyber folks at the parking lot at the stadium yesterday. Real big shout tout to everyone!!! Wanted to stay as it seemed they were having great fun but I had my family with me and had to moved on. Unfortunately, as Nigerian fans we were grossly overrated as is the case in these games.

Hey if you were there yesterday, make noise here and be counted!!!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Shoutout to Cyber folks!!!

Post by 1naija »

Uncle, you should add PEACE OUT! with the peace sign emoji at the end to complete these 1980s slangs to other uncles that were at the parking lot.

Hopefully you guys went into the stadium and didn't listen to the game from your cars.

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:48 pm I was glad to see Cyber folks at the parking lot at the stadium yesterday. Real big shout tout to everyone!!! Wanted to stay as it seemed they were having great fun but I had my family with me and had to moved on. Unfortunately, as Nigerian fans we were grossly overrated as is the case in these games.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:33 pm Uncle, you should add PEACE OUT! with the peace sign emoji at the end to complete these 1980s slangs to other uncles that were at the parking lot.

Hopefully you guys went into the stadium and didn't listen to the game from your cars.

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:48 pm I was glad to see Cyber folks at the parking lot at the stadium yesterday. Real big shout tout to everyone!!! Wanted to stay as it seemed they were having great fun but I had my family with me and had to moved on. Unfortunately, as Nigerian fans we were grossly overrated as is the case in these games.

:rotf: :rotf: you tink say we be Houston guys?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Good one Prof.

What did you wear to the game?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

1naija wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:33 pm
:rotf: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: You know your people too well
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

I was there as well my brother, but missed the goal. Even though I was just a mile away from the stadium around an hour before the game :). The traffic was horrendous between Newark and Harrison. Crossing over the bridge (@Frank E Rodgers Blvd) from Newark to Harrison was a nightmare. I was really shocked when I saw sea of Ecuadorians at the stadium. I used to think that Ironbound section of Newark is only home to Portuguese and Brazilian immigrants. I guess the area’s ethnic populations have begun to shift in other directions.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:47 pm Good one Prof.

Na dark blue tee shirt (Oops no Super Eagles colors/naa only my wife had SE colors and Naija flag) on shorts. It was tough getting in. I had wanted to walk to the stadium, which was barely 2 miles from my hotel or simply take the train but my family wanted a drive. In any case, got in less than 15 minutes to the kick off.

Our Cyber folks were about 20 or so in all green colors at the parking lot and they were ready to get into the stadium as well but could not stay with the group because family also wanted to get to the stands right away. As you probably also know the game was very exciting.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

iworo wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:29 pm

I was there as well my brother, but missed the goal. Even though I was just a mile away from the stadium around an hour before the game :). The traffic was horrendous between Newark and Harrison. Crossing over the bridge (@Frank E Rodgers Blvd) from Newark to Harrison was a nightmare. I was really shocked when I saw sea of Ecuadorians at the stadium. I used to think that Ironbound section of Newark is only home to Portuguese and Brazilian immigrants. I guess the area’s ethnic populations have begun to shift in other directions.
I underlined what "you can state that again!!!" The traffic was just rubbish. My hotel was barely 2mi9iles out and we could simply have walked to the stadium.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:27 am

Na dark blue tee shirt (Oops no Super Eagles colors/naa only my wife had SE colors and Naija flag) on shorts. It was tough getting in. I had wanted to walk to the stadium, which was barely 2 miles from my hotel or simply take the train but my family wanted a drive. In any case, got in less than 15 minutes to the kick off.

Our Cyber folks were about 20 or so in all green colors at the parking lot and they were ready to get into the stadium as well but could not stay with the group because family also wanted to get to the stands right away. As you probably also know the game was very exciting.
You for wear tie and suit if you no wear anything green. :D :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:16 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:27 am

You for wear tie and suit if you no wear anything green. :D :taunt:
LOL. You don craze finish ooo. Seriously, I thought about wearing green but that thinking was late. Had already arrived NJ with luggage and no such color.
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

With Colin Udoh at the game.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Uncles!!!

Nice one.
OJI wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:53 pm Image
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

OJI wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:53 pm Image
:clap: :clap:
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

2nd from the right. Ex Super Falcons, African Women Footballer of the Year Mercy Akide-Udoh
Last edited by OJI on Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

2nd from the right. Ikponmwosa Omoregie. Member, Flying Eagles. FIFA U-20 World Cup in Chile '87.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:33 pm Uncle, you should add PEACE OUT! with the peace sign emoji at the end to complete these 1980s slangs to other uncles that were at the parking lot.

1Naira’s head still never dey house, I swear!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

OJI wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:26 am Image
2nd from the right. Ex Super Falcons, African Women Footballer of the Year Mercy Akide-Udoh
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Kudos OJI.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "