Peseiro Invites Squad for Upcoming AFCONQ.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Peseiro Invites Squad for Upcoming AFCONQ.....

Post by Enugu II »

Peseiro invites Musa, Ekong, 25 others for Sierra Leone, São Tomé
https://sportsration.com/peseiro-invite ... -sao-tome/
Photo of Tope Adefala Tope Adefala4 seconds ago0 0 1 minute read

Head Coach José Santos Peseiro has called up captain Ahmed Musa, deputy captain William Ekong and 25 other players to the camp of the Super Eagles for this month’s 2023 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying matches against Sierra Leone and São Tomé and Príncipe.

The Portuguese tactician has also invited goalkeepers Francis Uzoho and Adewale Adeyinka, defenders Olaoluwa Aina, Calvin Bassey, Sani Faisal, Oluwasemilogo Ajayi and Chidozie Awaziem, midfielders Joseph Ayodele-Aribo, Alex Iwobi and Innocent Bonke, and forwards Moses Simon, Terem Moffi, Cyriel Dessers and Emmanuel Dennis – who were all part of the squad that played Mexico and Ecuador in prestige friendlies in the United States of America.

Peseiro has added Israeli –based goalkeeper Adebayo Adeleye, defenders Abdullahi Shehu, Zaidu Sanusi, Leon Balogun and Kenneth Omeruo, midfielders Oghenekaro Etebo and Frank Onyeka, and forwards Victor Osimhen, Samuel Chukwueze, Ademola Lookman and Sadiq Umar.

Nigeria welcome Sierra Leone to the MKO Abiola National Stadium in one of the Day 1 matches in the campaign, on Thursday 9th June, before flying to Marrakech, Morocco to play away to São Tomé and Príncipe on Monday, 13th June.

SUPER EAGLES FOR SIERRA LEONE AND SÃO TOMÉ & PRÍNCIPE

Goalkeepers: Francis Uzoho (AC Omonia, Cyprus); Adewale Adeyinka (Akwa United); Adebayo Adeleye (Hapoel Jerusalem, Israel)

Defenders: Olaoluwa Aina (Torino FC, Italy); William Ekong (Watford FC, England); Abdullahi Shehu (AC Omonia, Cyprus); Zaidu Sanusi (FC Porto, Portugal); Chidozie Awaziem (Alanyaspor FC, Turkey); Oluwasemilogo Ajayi (West Bromwich Albion, England); Calvin Bassey (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland); Sani Faisal (Katsina United);
Leon Balogun (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland); Kenneth Omeruo (CD Leganes, Spain)

Midfielders: Joseph Ayodele-Aribo (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland); Alex Iwobi (Everton FC, England); Oghenekaro Etebo (Watford FC, England); Innocent Bonke (FC Lorient, France); Frank Onyeka (Brentford FC, England)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (Fatih Karagumruk, Turkey); Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal CF, Spain); Moses Simon (FC Nantes, France); Victor Osimhen (SSC Napoli, Italy); Cyriel Dessers (Feyenoord FC, The Netherlands); Ademola Lookman (Leicester City, England); Sadiq Umar (UD Almeria, Spain); Terem Moffi (FC Lorient, France)
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Peseiro Invites Squad for Upcoming AFCONQ.....

Post by 1naija »

Lol. Musa... Some people will pop a vein today.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:56 am Lol. Musa... Some people will pop a vein today.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

1naija wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:56 am Lol. Musa... Some people will pop a vein today.
You dey fear to name names :taunt: . Let me help you with a few: Van City, Tobi etc.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

I don't trust this list. The only news channel that has been able to get the 100 percent correct list is owngoal. All these other ones are just mere predictions.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Some people like who and who, please?

Honestly, is this list REAL? I am surprised to see Musa's name in the list and such forces me to ask of Ighalo.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

highbury wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:16 am
You dey fear to name names :taunt: . Let me help you with a few: Van City, Tobi etc.
Na troble you dey ask for so-ooo, hmm my hand no dey
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

If this list of invited players is correct, my question is: Where is goalkeeper Okoye? Has he retired from the Super-eagles team for real?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

VE will Sheit an Elephant. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Musa, Shehu and 5 MF. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

naijaguy wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:26 am I don't trust this list. The only news channel that has been able to get the 100 percent correct list is owngoal. All these other ones are just mere predictions.

Fim trick don catch u. :rotf:
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Convince me otherwise but it appears there's some written contract Nigerian managers have in their clause to completely avoid inviting midfielders...cause this doesn't make sense again, how are we sure these coaches are the ones that even make the squad list? something definitely doesn't add up, just believe this is beyond even Pinnick right now.
Last edited by Tobi17 on Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Even as bad as it gets inviting Musa and Shehu, who in his right mind invites Etebo and Onyeka?both players haven't even played a single minute of football between them all season!!! and isn't Etebo still nursing an injury? And didn't Bonke just pick up an injury against Mexico? I think it's gotten to that stage where I should forget about Nigerian football in all honesty
Last edited by Tobi17 on Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:18 am
naijaguy wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:26 am I don't trust this list. The only news channel that has been able to get the 100 percent correct list is owngoal. All these other ones are just mere predictions.

Tim trick don catch u. :rotf:
EMIR

This isn't even funny anymore, it used to be but while we are making light of this, it appears some Babariga and Agbada wearing politicians have seriously bought over our football structure to serve their own personal interests and impose certain players on our national team manager's...it doesn't make sense anymore to me.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

VE, come get your boy Pissyerror...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Can we trust this list? I thought Ozowonfor's club already confirmed he got an invite?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

100% fake news
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tobi17, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post.
Display this post.
Display this post.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I won't be surprised if Bret Fart is behind this list. He said his agency hasn't been able to get any of his clients invited in 29 years. Now suddenly the Israeli league basket is invited.😁
maceo4 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:40 am Can we trust this list? I thought Ozowonfor's club already confirmed he got an invite?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Peseiro chose these players from the expanded list that was already chosen for him. So not really his list. The next set of games will be key.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I thought the original list had Alhassan Yusuf and Azubuike Okechuwku. Were they dropped? Also, wasn't Valentine called up?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

olu wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:57 am I thought the original list had Alhassan Yusuf and Azubuike Okechuwku. Were they dropped? Also, wasn't Valentine called up?
Not everyone from original list was called.

Onyeka, Osimehn, Adeleye, Faisal are the only name that wasn't on original list.

No Iheanacho.

Those list is confirmed by NFF. Dennis is also there bit doesn't appear on this list.
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

https://twitter.com/thenff/status/15329 ... 32/photo/1

TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku