QUESTIONING Skipper Ahmed Musa's Comments on Preserio.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
QUESTIONING Skipper Ahmed Musa's Comments on Preserio.....

Post by Enugu II »

My queries are in red. Let's think.....
2023 Afcon Qualifying: Expect a different Super Eagles under Peseiro – Musa
https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/2023-af ... aa1f26b66b
Shina Oludare - @sportingshina
|
08 Jun 2022 15:26-04:00

The Turkey-based winger is upbeat that the country’s national team will thrive under the Portuguese tactician

Captain Ahmed Musa thinks a lot of things will change in Nigeria's senior national team under the leadership of Jose Peseiro.
Change from what? That means, the previous situation had issues?

Judging by his previous records, many had criticised the Nigeria Football Federation for hiring the Portuguese tactician as Super Eagles handler.

Contrastingly, the Turkey-based winger sees things from a different perspective and is upbeat that the three-time African champions would flourish under his guidance.

Peseiro, Nigeria seek the perfect performance in Sierra Leone duel

“I would say the very first time that I met him we spoke a lot,” Musa told the media per Completesports ahead of Thursday’s clash versus Sierra Leone in Abuja.
Hmmmmmm! I hope it was just about the team. Was there ingratiation within those conversations?

“And if you have a manager who believes in your country and that he is coming to win the Africa Cup of Nations, I think he knows what he saw that made him say that.

“I will ask Nigerians to still believe in the players because I know we have the best of players that can do that.

“So, it’s left for us the players to prove him right that with what he saw we are going to deliver.”

The former CSKA Moscow and Leicester City winger also talked about Peseiro’s coaching style which he described as unique.

“For me, with the kind of training, I saw I believe the Super Eagles will be very different from what people saw before," the skipper continued.

“I think with this manager a lot of things will change.”
Change from Rohr's approach? From Eguavoen's approach. Change from what? What really is dfifferent, skipper Musa?

Nigeria’s last outing at the MKO Abiola Stadium, Abuja was a 1-1 draw against Ghana – a result that dashed the country’s 2022 Fifa World Cup hopes.

Notwithstanding, Musa is aiming for victory against John Keister's Sierra Leone in order to put smiles on the faces of Nigerians again.

“The last game we played in Abuja was very sad for everyone especially for me it was a very tough moment, there’s nothing we can do because that’s football, in football sometimes you win or lose,” he added.
btw, it will still be football even with Peseiro still coach. Not so?

“Now, we are here for the qualifier against Sierra Leone and everyone in camp is ready to make Nigeria proud once again.

“We know that no one cares about the Eagles because of the World Cup disappointment but we just have to keep pushing and make the fans believe that the Eagles can rise again and I believe we will make Nigeria proud.”
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
joao
Egg
Egg
Re: QUESTIONING Skipper Ahmed Musa's Comments on Preserio.....

Post by joao »

EII, you know that our media have a way with language. Insinuations are
preferred to facts and realities. Our media is a mirror of our society, as things are
stated simply for effect, just like make-up. Thus take everything you read, with a
'teaspoon' of salt.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Mods. We need a Musa forum dedication to the hating of Ahmed Musa. Our people here do not like that a northerner is as prominent as Musa is for SE. They're ready to pop a vein
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:51 am Mods. We need a Musa forum dedication to the hating of Ahmed Musa. Our people here do not like that a northerner is as prominent as Musa is for SE. They're ready to M pop a vein
Answer the question?
Did he tell you with his own mouth that the concluded AFCON in Cameroun was his last AFCON?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Oguleftie wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:22 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:51 am Mods. We need a Musa forum dedication to the hating of Ahmed Musa. Our people here do not like that a northerner is as prominent as Musa is for SE. They're ready to pop a vein
Answer the question?
Did he tell you with his own mouth that the concluded AFCON in Cameroun was his last AFCON?
Yes. Just like he did with his own mouth that he changed his mind
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

What even motivates this guy to continue, as he mostly sits on the bench as captain, and must know that he currently SUCKS.

Is somebody living off his match bonuses ?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:51 am Mods. We need a Musa forum dedication to the hating of Ahmed Musa. Our people here do not like that a northerner is as prominent as Musa is for SE. They're ready to pop a vein
You mean for fans of Musa?

BTW, Musa is not a Northerner...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:31 pm

But people see him as a northerner, which makes the whole thing even more ridiculous.
Maybe if more people were aware that his mother is from Edo state, things might be a little different.

I know as Oga @ The Top you find it difficult to agree that there is a fair amount of prejudice (of various types) on this board, but its pretty easy to see if you are at the receiving end.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Can you guys please stop with the "tribalism" angle as if people do not have legitimate reasons to not like Musa in the SE.

Same Ighalo who was hounded. Is he a "northerner" ?

These are all pathetic deflections from the stark reality that Musa SUCKS, has no business in SE, and his selfishness not only denies deserving youngsters but can also have catastrophic consequences, as recently seen bringing on a pure wastepipe to salvage a losing situation. (Tunisia and Ghana)

The guy is a selfish moron.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:24 pm

But people see him as a northerner, which makes the whole thing even more ridiculous.
Maybe if more people were aware that his mother is from Edo state, things might be a little different.

I know as Oga @ The Top you find it difficult to agree that there is a fair amount of prejudice (of various types) on this board, but its pretty easy to see if you are at the receiving end.
Zaidu is hausa, Sadiq also, we are not complaining about them! Alhassan is also from the north but we don't mind seeing him in the eagles. I don't understand this talk of prejudice. Look, Musa is crap and does not deserve to be in the team, if he wasn't, he would have been starting games! It's that simple.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

gochino wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:54 pm

Zaidu is hausa, Sadiq also, we are not complaining about them! Alhassan is also from the north but we don't mind seeing him in the eagles. I don't understand this talk of prejudice. Look, Musa is crap and does not deserve to be in the team, if he wasn't, he would have been starting games! It's that simple.
KPOM.

It's very strange this desperate defense of Musa. Even Owngoal have released 2 separate articles yesterday trying to push back against the outrage.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:10 pm My queries are in red. Let's think.....
|

The Turkey-based winger is upbeat that the country’s national team will thrive under the Portuguese tactician

Captain Ahmed Musa thinks a lot of things will change in Nigeria's senior national team under the leadership of Jose Peseiro.

Judging by his previous records, many had criticised the Nigeria Football Federation for hiring the Portuguese tactician as Super Eagles handler.

Contrastingly, the Turkey-based winger sees things from a different perspective and is upbeat that the three-time African champions would flourish under his guidance.

“I would say the very first time that I met him we spoke a lot,” Musa told the media per Completesports ahead of Thursday’s clash versus Sierra Leone in Abuja.
Hmmmmmm! I hope it was just about the team. Was there ingratiation within those conversations?

“And if you have a manager who believes in your country and that he is coming to win the Africa Cup of Nations, I think he knows what he saw that made him say that.

“I will ask Nigerians to still believe in the players because I know we have the best of players that can do that.

“So, it’s left for us the players to prove him right that with what he saw we are going to deliver.”

The former CSKA Moscow and Leicester City winger also talked about Peseiro’s coaching style which he described as unique.

“For me, with the kind of training, I saw I believe the Super Eagles will be very different from what people saw before," the skipper continued.

Change from Rohr's approach? From Eguavoen's approach. Change from what? What really is dfifferent, skipper Musa?

Nigeria’s last outing at the MKO Abiola Stadium, Abuja was a 1-1 draw against Ghana – a result that dashed the country’s 2022 Fifa World Cup hopes.

Notwithstanding, Musa is aiming for victory against John Keister's Sierra Leone in order to put smiles on the faces of Nigerians again.

“The last game we played in Abuja was very sad for everyone especially for me it was a very tough moment, there’s nothing we can do because that’s football, in football sometimes you win or lose,” he added.

“Now, we are here for the qualifier against Sierra Leone and everyone in camp is ready to make Nigeria proud once again.

“We know that no one cares about the Eagles because of the World Cup disappointment but we just have to keep pushing and make the fans believe that the Eagles can rise again and I believe we will make Nigeria proud.”
Isnt he a current captain? It would be expected for a new coach to speak extensively with the current captain when coming on board wouldn't it?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Doc, there is prejudice on this board.

I am not in denial.

But I want us to elevate the level of discourse beyond our personal prejudices and bias.

With Musa, I like him... yes, he can be infuriating at times but I like his honest effort, team-first attitude, and his dedication to the team. I admire those qualities in players. Yes, I am in the minority. And I do know that he is limited. But I still like him.

I have always preferred players that give you an honest shift... "Effort".

I can work with them...

Sometimes I like watching our team with non-Naijarian fans... who don't have any perceived biases. And watch how they react to our play and players... it is telling. You will be surprised.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Why are your queries in red within the article? This is very Musa-esque.
Enugu II wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:10 pm My queries are in red. Let's think.....
|

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija,

Hmmmmm.....ol'boy take your time ooo! Wen I call Houston police to luck you up, you go say I no like your people naa! no be so?

1naija wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:16 pm Why are your queries in red within the article? This is very Musa-esque.
|

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »