Nigeria vs Sierra Leone 2:1(Iwobi and Vic ) HT(2x assist Moses)

Re: Nigeria vs Sierra Leone 2:1(Iwobi and Vic ) HT(2x assist Moses)

SA leading Morocco. Perhaps we can borrow tge groundsman. The pitch is pristine.

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:57 pm We should never play any games in that pitch again, terrible maintenance culture affecting Nigeria again.
PDP had an event on the pitch just 2 weeks ago

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Re: Nigeria vs Sierra Leone (12 noon EST/ 5pm WAT)

naijaguy wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:56 pm Players coming out.
We are thrashing Sierra Leone today.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What a thrashing match.
2-1, they nearly quench our taste, even Pep no go fit fix SE.

jette1 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:37 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:57 pm We should never play any games in that pitch again, terrible maintenance culture affecting Nigeria again.
No, they did not...
PDP's event was at the Velodrome.

The female U17 Flamingos played there last weekend...
And even in that game, you could see the undulating state of the pitch.

Will be interesting to see what impact the pitch may have had on Ekong's injury...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
oyek

Post by oyek »

Good reception for the team after the game
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Re: Nigeria vs Sierra Leone (12 noon EST/ 5pm WAT)

Naija do well

Gotti wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:46 pm
jette1 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:37 pm
No, they did not...
PDP's event was at the Velodrome.

The female U17 Flamingos played there last weekend...
And even in that game, you could see the undulating state of the pitch.
The pitch has been overused with little or no maintenance. Virtually all the national teams both Male and female have been playing on the pitch. Also Kano Pillars have been playing their NPFL matches on the pitch due to their being banished from Kano because of crowd troubles.
pindal123

Post by pindal123 »

Even if we won, i think there are many things to change! We were very lucky!
We should change:

• The formation: this 4-4-2 doesn't work! what's the point of having two forwards if one is useless? Instead of playing with Sadiq Umar, it was better to add a defensive midfielder on the pitch like Onyeka, and play with a more balanced 4-3-3.

• Troost-Ekong has to be dropped: The Sierra Leone's goal was mainly his fault because let the player free to cross.
We have young players like Ozornwafor who could provide fresh forces to our defence.

About the good things: i really appreciated Iwobi's performance, he scored a great goal!

pindal123 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:13 am Even if we won, i think there are many things to change! We were very lucky!
We should change:

• The formation: this 4-4-2 doesn't work! what's the point of having two forwards if one is useless? Instead of playing with Sadiq Umar, it was better to add a defensive midfielder on the pitch like Onyeka, and play with a more balanced 4-3-3.

• Troost-Ekong has to be dropped: The Sierra Leone's goal was mainly his fault because let the player free to cross.
We have young players like Ozornwafor who could provide fresh forces to our defence.

About the good things: i really appreciated Iwobi's performance, he scored a great goal!
Undeniably so. You can see why he's not even making the Watford bench any more.
Bassey was also liable for allowing the scorer to get near side of him to make the header unchallenged.

Damunk wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:40 am
pindal123 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:13 am Even if we won, i think there are many things to change! We were very lucky!
We should change:

Bassey was also liable for allowing the scorer to get near side of him to make the header unchallenged.

Everyone and their mama is blamed, EXCEPT the actual culprit, Aina!

Yes, Ekong could've done better defending the cross, but u cannot forget he was covering for Aina, as he did virtually the entire game...

You could even hear the coach constantly yelling his name to get him to be positionally disciplined.

A truly diabolical defensive performance!

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp

txj wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:14 pm
We should change:

Yes, Ekong could've done better defending the cross, but u cannot forget he was covering for Aina, as he did virtually the entire game...

You could even hear the coach constantly yelling his name to get him to be positionally disciplined.

Also Samu was not helping defensively on that wing and kept adding more pressure on us by constantly losing the ball in dangerous positions.

txj wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:14 pm
We should change:

To be fair they're all equally to blamed with Ajayi being in no mans land and Bassey letting his man run past him
asabatex

Post by asabatex »

Sweet... :thumbs:
oyek wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:31 am Good reception for the team after the game
asabatex

Post by asabatex »

because of Samu.. :(
Odas wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:25 pm Why was Osimhen trying to score there instead of passing to his peer?