Alex Iwobi and Super Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cally
Egg
Egg
Alex Iwobi and Super Eagles

Post by Cally »

Is it time to give this player his due flowers?

Did anyone see that equalizer against Sierra Leone? Dude was easily the best player on the pitch today. His passing, high IQ, and energy was at a different level. He's playing like a proper leader now.

Its easy to pile on him when he doesn't play well. He doesn't quite get commensurate credit when deserved.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg
Re: Alex Iwobi and Super Eagles

Post by Ugbowo »

I’ve been singing it here. As he goes, we go
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

That's how we should expect someone with close to 60 caps to be playing for the SE if we're being honest, I'm hoping he stays consistent.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Sunset wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:23 pm That's how we should expect someone with close to 60 caps to be playing for the SE if we're being honest, I'm hoping he stays consistent.
Give the guy his due credit jare! How many others with that number of caps are playing at the same level?

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Great game from Alex, none of our other players would have been able to finish that chance, love his IQ level, and with the grit and steel he's adding, its only better for SE.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Cally wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:25 pm
Sunset wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:23 pm That's how we should expect someone with close to 60 caps to be playing for the SE if we're being honest, I'm hoping he stays consistent.
Give the guy his due credit jare! How many others with that number of caps are playing at the same level?
Speak for yourself bros, it's not a performance against Sierra Leone that I'd use to give our players Flowers. Them doing well there is simply the expectation so doing anything less than that is where there are issues (Ekong & Ajayi in particular).
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Lots of people were hating on him.

In truth he can be frustrating at times with his errant passes but he is ALWAYS amongst our best 2 or 3 players EVERY MATCH he plays.

Repeating myself but the BIGGEST mistake Rohr made in his 6 years was dropping Iwobi from AM position to accommodate Iheanacho in a 442. That's when it went south for Rohr.

Imagine Egu even dropping Iwobi entirely from the starting 11 at afcon. What a fool.

Peseiro get sense.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:33 pm Lots of people were hating on him.

In truth he can be frustrating at times with his errant passes but he is ALWAYS amongst our best 2 or 3 players EVERY MATCH he plays.

Repeating myself but the BIGGEST mistake Rohr made in his 6 years was dropping Iwobi from AM position to accommodate Iheanacho in a 442. That's when it went south for Rohr.

Imagine Egu even dropping Iwobi entirely from the starting 11 at afcon. What a fool.

Peseiro get sense.
Very true. And odd. But to be fair, Iwobi’s club form was in the gutter. Still you are right; that decision was the beginning of the end.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

we didn't win AFCON and qualify for the WC because of Alex. his goal also took us to 2018 WC .. kai them do us bad
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:33 pm Lots of people were hating on him.

Peseiro get sense.
Bruh, both Iwobi and Iheanacho could have started in today's formation, it doesn't have to be one or the other...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

More the reason we NEED TO FIND IWOBIS BACKUP

Instead of calling 10 strikers and defenders who will never play.

Ejaria needs to be looked at. We must have a plan B if Iwobi is injured or suspended. But knowing Nigeria WE NEVER PLAN.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:41 pm

Peseiro get sense.
Bruh, both Iwobi and Iheanacho could have started in today's formation, it doesn't have to be one or the other...
But the point is Iwobi was playing centrally.

Rohr moved him to the wings to accommodate Nacho.

Egu dropped him entirely.

Iwobi is nowhere near as effective out wide.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:45 pm

Peseiro get sense.

But you keep making it about Iheanacho, its not his fault and its not like he didn't create quite a number of assists/goals from that position both in qualifiers and at the ANC. If those coaches were braver they wouldn't have sacrificed Iwobi, but both could have played centrally like they had done in the past to good effect (Argentina friendly etc). The thing is this is just part of your new 'bash Iheanacho' campaign.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:53 pm

Peseiro get sense.

But you keep making it about Iheanacho, its not his fault and its not like he didn't create quite a number of assists/goals from that position both in qualifiers and at the ANC. If those coaches were braver they wouldn't have sacrificed Iwobi, but both could have played centrally like they had done in the past to good effect (Argentina friendly etc). The thing is this is just part of your new 'bash Iheanacho' campaign.
IMO Rohr decided he could not play both Nacho and Iwobi centrally. So it was one or the other, and he chose Nacho. That was a mistake.

Iwobi centrally Nigeria was playing well.

When he was removed centrally for Nacho we lacked creativity.

That's just a fact, it's not about "hating on Nacho"

By the way I doubt we can play both Nacho and Iwobi centrally against better teams.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Mek we hia wod joor. He scores the 1 goal he scores yearly and we nonfat hia again. He's doing well but we need to see more.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:00 pm

Peseiro get sense.

IMO Rohr decided he could not play both Nacho and Iwobi centrally. So it was one or the other, and he chose Nacho. That was a mistake.

By the way I doubt we can play both Nacho and Iwobi centrally against better teams.
So in your mind we were creating tons of chances before then inexplicably coaches decided to just change things around? Because why exactly? Then we created nothing after that change right? Didn't score any single goals, didn't create any opportunities? Your hyperbole is too much abeg...stop trying to pawn it off as fact...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:05 pm Mek we hia wod joor. He scores the 1 goal he scores yearly and we nonfat hia again. He's doing well but we need to see more.
Bro other than Nacho and Osimehn, none of our players have scored more goals.

I am not counting Musa who has played twice as many matches and should not be on the team.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:09 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:00 pm

Peseiro get sense.

So in your mind we were creating tons of chances before then inexplicably coaches decided to just change things around? Because why exactly? Then we created nothing after that change right? Didn't score any single goals, didn't create any opportunities? Your hyperbole is too much abeg...stop trying to pawn it off as fact...
Yes

We scored 4 against Sierra Leone, also missing many chances

We scored 4 against Lesotho

We scored 2 against Ukraine and missed a ton of chances.

WHEN LAST DID WE SCORE SO MANY GOALS ?

post Nacho for Iwobi

0-0 vs Sierra Leone
1-0 vs Benin (last minute goal)

One exception Nigeria 3 Lesotho 0 (albeit Iwobi often drifted centrally)

Nigeria 2 Liberia 0
Cape Verde 1 Nigeria 2 (Neither played and we got own goal)
Nigeria 0 CAR 1
CAR 0 Nigeria 1
Nigeria 1 Cape Verde 1

The evidence is clear to see.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Please give me my flowers as well, by and large, I have always been a believer. The dude balled.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:13 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:05 pm Mek we hia wod joor. He scores the 1 goal he scores yearly and we nonfat hia again. He's doing well but we need to see more.

I am not counting Musa who has played twice as many matches and should not be on the team.

Every coach that has coached SE has had Musa on his team since he turned pro. Leaving Musa out is just to suit your own irrelevant narrative. Musa is the top SE goal scorer over the last 10yrs. He earned it
OCCUPY NFF!!
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:13 pm

That Emir dude is a confirmed hater. I can tell he's in so much pain watching the Iwobi that he's bad-mouthed for the last few months, running the show. You need to see more my foot.

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

He now has 10 international goals for Nigeria as a midfielder,, surely one of our highest scoring midfielders?

Where are our statisticians
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

He is out looking for players exploding with one assist.
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:10 pm He now has 10 international goals for Nigeria as a midfielder,, surely one of our highest scoring midfielders?

Where are our statisticians
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.