Alex Iwobi and Super Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naijaguy
Egg
Egg
Re: Alex Iwobi and Super Eagles

Post by naijaguy »

Iwobi has truly improved a lot.
The old Iwobi would be tired after 45 mins, but this new Iwobi runs tirelessly the whole 90 mins.
Lampard deserves some kudos.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

naijaguy wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:31 pm Iwobi has truly improved a lot.
The old Iwobi would be tired after 45 mins, but this new Iwobi runs tirelessly the whole 90 mins.
His endurance is where he has improved a lot. He now is one of our most long lasting players and can go the full 90.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

It is actually quite striking.
Massive difference.
Someone needs to ask him which akpu he is now eating.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:37 am
Massive difference.
Not just that, he now plays with the same tempo and intensity 90 mins long. I believe there is no other player that covers more ground than Iwobi.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:58 am
Massive difference.
Not just that, he now plays with the same tempo and intensity 90 mins long. I believe there is no other player that covers more ground than Iwobi.
Yes o.
Amazing turn around.
What is the secret though?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:33 am
Massive difference.
Yes o.
Amazing turn around.
I believe it's the confidence that Frank Lampard gave him and at 25/26, he's no longer a spring chicken. He has matured as a footballer
I am happy
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Dammy wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:48 am
Massive difference.
Yes o.
Amazing turn around.
I believe it's the confidence that Frank Lampard gave him and at 25/26, he's no longer a spring chicken. He has matured as a footballer
If it’s maturity, it’s sudden maturity. 5 months ago the guy was getting booed by Everton fans.

Lampard has somehow restored Iwobi’s confidence, and I think it’s confidence more than anything that Alex plays off of.

He is such a talented player but like many talented players, he can suck eggs when his confidence is not there.

He had a massive game yesterday. Massive. Let’s see if he can string together half a dozen such performances in a row. If he can, both he and Nigeria are in for a great ride.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:21 am
Massive difference.
Yes o.
Amazing turn around.
If it’s maturity, it’s sudden maturity. 5 months ago the guy was getting booed by Everton fans.

Lampard has somehow restored Iwobi’s confidence, and I think it’s confidence more than anything that Alex plays off of.

He is such a talented player but like many talented players, he can suck eggs when his confidence is not there.

He had a massive game yesterday. Massive. Let’s see if he can string together half a dozen such performances in a row. If he can, both he and Nigeria are in for a great ride.
You are right o.
If I’m not mistaken, after the Ekong/Omeruo pair, he and Ndidi are probably the next two most senior players.
So if he continues like this, he could be in line, alongside Ndidi, for the SE captaincy.

A big ‘if’, but possible.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

waka-man wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:36 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:33 pm Lots of people were hating on him.

In truth he can be frustrating at times with his errant passes but he is ALWAYS amongst our best 2 or 3 players EVERY MATCH he plays.

Repeating myself but the BIGGEST mistake Rohr made in his 6 years was dropping Iwobi from AM position to accommodate Iheanacho in a 442. That's when it went south for Rohr.

Imagine Egu even dropping Iwobi entirely from the starting 11 at afcon. What a fool.

Peseiro get sense.
Very true. And odd. But to be fair, Iwobi’s club form was in the gutter. Still you are right; that decision was the beginning of the end.
I said it then, Egu started auditioning for his position before his first game. Egu’s this Nwakali that…..for what?
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Massive difference.
Yes o.
Amazing turn around.
The confidence to know that you are starting the next game period….consistency breeds trust, trust breeds confidence…..

Egu walked in - 1st interview, he will drop him for Ejuke, Nwakali even Amoo…..smh
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Reminiscent of his winning goal against Zambia in Lusaka
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."