Nigeria 2 - Sierra Leone 1 - Highlights

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Nigeria 2 - Sierra Leone 1 - Highlights

Post by 1naija »

Let's be honest, Bassey would have been slaughtered here if he was a homebased player.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 2 - Sierra Leone 1 - Highlights

Post by jette1 »

Folks We have no players
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The goal post saved us some blushes otherwise, the story might have been different❗️

Cheers.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:40 am The goal post saved us some blushes otherwise, the story might have been different❗️

Cheers.
We are still fooling around with uzuho
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

jette1 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:06 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:40 am The goal post saved us some blushes otherwise, the story might have been different❗️

Cheers.
Uzoho that's the main reason that shot didn't go in our net? :???:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

At least VanCity can no longer claim that Moses Simon has no assists “in five years”.
This is two in one game.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I'll like to watch the full game to get a better perspective of the game, but from the highlights it's encouraging to see that we're at least now creating goal scoring chances under Peseiro, that miss from Chukwueze was simply criminal...Iwobi is a gem, Uzoho still doesn't inspire confidence so maybe Adeleye should be given a look against Sao Tome?

Meanwhile our defensive woes continue, Ekong and Ajayi just don't cut it for me, we are really in a center back crisis folks.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I knew it. You don't mean well for us, slow toad Tobi! Have you checked his record in the Israeli league?
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:29 am I'll like to watch the full game to get a better perspective of the game, but from the highlights it's encouraging to see that we're at least now creating goal scoring chances under Peseiro, that miss from Chukwueze was simply criminal...Iwobi is a gem, Uzoho still doesn't inspire confidence so maybe Adeleye should be given a look against Sao Tome?

Meanwhile our defensive woes continue, Ekong and Ajayi just don't cut it for me, we are really in a center back crisis folks.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:49 am I knew it. You don't mean well for us, slow toad Tobi! Have you checked his record in the Israeli league?
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:29 am I'll like to watch the full game to get a better perspective of the game, but from the highlights it's encouraging to see that we're at least now creating goal scoring chances under Peseiro, that miss from Chukwueze was simply criminal...Iwobi is a gem, Uzoho still doesn't inspire confidence so maybe Adeleye should be given a look against Sao Tome?

Adeleye is a world class GK :thumbs:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

jette1 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:06 am

Cheers.
Because people where crying when an actual youngster made a mistake and when Uzoho did exactly the same thing no one saw that as a warning!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Last edited by return2k2 on Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Looks like NFF made the right decision for once in hiring this guy. He is passionate and demands a lot from his players. With more time with the team I see better days ahead. This team will dominate with confidence and gusto. A coach that has immense confidence in his players. Sad that he’s not taking this team to Qatar. Doesn’t sound like a guy who would have gone to the WC to “learn.”
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Goalgetter wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:03 pm Looks like NFF made the right decision for once in hiring this guy. He is passionate and demands a lot from his players. With more time with the team I see better days ahead. This team will dominate with confidence and gusto. A coach that has immense confidence in his players. Sad that he’s not taking this team to Qatar. Doesn’t sound like a guy who would have gone to the WC to “learn.”
I like his "arrogance" and directness, he didn't have to pander to the whole 'Mr Modest" nonsense of putting down your team just to praise the other like Rohr was fond of doing.. Peseiro made it categorically clear even in the presence of the SL coach that his team played better and missed several chances to batter Sierra Leone, the guy no dey sugarcoat, such ballsy mentality makes your players respect you.
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:20 pm
Goalgetter wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:03 pm Looks like NFF made the right decision for once in hiring this guy. He is passionate and demands a lot from his players. With more time with the team I see better days ahead. This team will dominate with confidence and gusto. A coach that has immense confidence in his players. Sad that he’s not taking this team to Qatar. Doesn’t sound like a guy who would have gone to the WC to “learn.”
I like his "arrogance" and directness, he didn't have to pander to the whole 'Mr Modest" nonsense of putting down your team just to praise the other like Rohr was fond of doing.. Peseiro made it categorically clear even in the presence of the SL coach that his team played better and missed several chances to batter Sierra Leone, the guy no dey sugarcoat, such ballsy mentality makes your players respect you.
Had they hired him after the AFCON, maybe we’ll be at the WC and not Ghana or maybe not. The one thing I’m certain is the he would’ve recognized when Ghana switched formation.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Can someone pls send these journos to a proper school?

We are poor in everything!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp