Players that need to be phased out

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Players that need to be phased out

Post by Tobi17 »

I think it's time Peseiro gets down to business and becomes ruthless in weeding out certain players who are just getting called up based on charity, we have certain deadweights in the team and we can't keep hoarding them at the expense of team quality and improvement. The players that need to either sit up and get better clubs or risk being dropped for good are:

Uzoho- I like the guy and he's not a bad GK per say, but my guy needs to leave Cyprus and get a club where he can see regular playing time, I don't even care if it's in the Turkish or Isreali league, he is too erratic sometimes and his ball distribution is terrible.

Ekong- The less said the better, easily the weakest link in that whole defence. This guy is supposed to be our captain and he barely even makes the bench for a relegated Watford team! today he got exposed countless times by the SL players and I feared for the worse.

Ajayi- I really like Ajayi but he seems to have regressed, there was one incident in the game where a SL player found his team mate charging down on goal with a fine lob, and it was a straight foot race between Ajayi and the SL #9...to my shock Ajayi looked so out of pace and got bodied by the SL player who almost scored...once again the lack of awareness we keep talking about.

Then honorable mentions to the likes of Musa and Shehu but we all know those two will be here for a while.

We need to seriously beg Akpoguma to come back to the team, surely there are decent CBs of Nigerian heritage across Europe that we can scout for, even the likes of Jordan Torunarigha, Felix Uduokhai, Udogie can be looked at at this point. We have conceded some really shocking goals so far against Mexico, Ecuador and now SL all in early minutes of the game...Peseiro has to really work on this lapses because against better teams, we will get torn apart.

Retrospectively, it's actually a good thing we didn't qualify for the world cup cause it would have been a terrible outing once again, Ghana did us a massive favor here, we have enough time to seriously clean house and rebuild certain departments of that team before the Afcon in 2023.

Lastly, we should integrate most of the lads from the U20 team that recently won the WAFU tournament, a player like Daniel Daga can easily walk into that midfied and be a revelation for us, Etebo isn't good enough to be an Ndidi replacement, we need a good Ndidi replacement and either of Alhassan, Nwobodo, Onyedika, Tosin Kehinde and Daniel Daga should be called up.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Players that need to be phased out

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Focus on getting a new gig tobi and stop spamming CE
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:01 am I think it's time Peseiro gets down to business and becomes ruthless in weeding out certain players who are just getting called up based on charity, we have certain deadweights in the team and we can't keep hoarding them at the expense of team quality and improvement. The players that need to either sit up and get better clubs or risk being dropped for good are:

Uzoho- I like the guy and he's not a bad GK per say, but my guy needs to leave Cyprus and get a club where he can see regular playing time, I don't even care if it's in the Turkish or Isreali league, he is too erratic sometimes and his ball distribution is terrible.

Ekong- The less said the better, easily the weakest link in that whole defence. This guy is supposed to be our captain and he barely even makes the bench for a relegated Watford team! today he got exposed countless times by the SL players and I feared for the worse.

Ajayi- I really like Ajayi but he seems to have regressed, there was one incident in the game where a SL player found his team mate charging down on goal with a fine lob, and it was a straight foot race between Ajayi and the SL #9...to my shock Ajayi looked so out of pace and got bodied by the SL player who almost scored...once again the lack of awareness we keep talking about.

Then honorable mentions to the likes of Musa and Shehu but we all know those two will be here for a while.

We need to seriously beg Akpoguma to come back to the team, surely there are decent CBs of Nigerian heritage across Europe that we can scout for, even the likes of Jordan Torunarigha, Felix Uduokhai, Udogie can be looked at at this point. We have conceded some really shocking goals so far against Mexico, Ecuador and now SL all in early minutes of the game...Peseiro has to really work on this lapses because against better teams, we will get torn apart.

Retrospectively, it's actually a good thing we didn't qualify for the world cup cause it would have been a terrible outing once again, Ghana did us a massive favor here, we have enough time to seriously clean house and rebuild certain departments of that team before the Afcon in 2023.

Lastly, we should integrate most of the lads from the U20 team that recently won the WAFU tournament, a player like Daniel Daga can easily walk into that midfied and be a revelation for us, Etebo isn't good enough to be an Ndidi replacement, we need a good Ndidi replacement and either of Alhassan, Nwobodo, Onyedika, Tosin Kehinde and Daniel Daga should be called up.
Totally agree on Ekong and Ajayi.
Ekong is a figure-head captain.
This thing about giving the captaincy to the 'oldest' player has some serious drawbacks. It can mean the captain doesn't necessarily command a place in the team but is given it anyway even though he is past his best for a number of reasons.

It's how Mikel was able to 'bully' Rohr into playing him as an AM even though it wasn't really the best position for him or the team, but just a personal desire.
It's how Musa has been occupying valuable benchwidth in the current SE.
Its now how Ekong is virtually number 1 on the team sheet even though he is rapidly declining in quality.

IMHO, Ndidi should be captain and, if he continues with this his newfound energy and confidence, Iwobi should be his deputy.
BTW, Ndidi is 7 months younger with 11 less caps (47) than Iwobi (58).
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:58 am
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:01 am I think it's time Peseiro gets down to business and becomes ruthless in weeding out certain players who are just getting called up based on charity, we have certain deadweights in the team and we can't keep hoarding them at the expense of team quality and improvement. The players that need to either sit up and get better clubs or risk being dropped for good are:

This thing about giving the captaincy to the 'oldest' player has some serious drawbacks. It can mean the captain doesn't necessarily command a place in the team but is given it anyway even though he is past his best for a number of reasons.

It's how Mikel was able to 'bully' Rohr into playing him as an AM even though it wasn't really the best position for him or the team, but just a personal desire.
Its now how Ekong is virtually number 1 on the team sheet even though he is rapidly declining in quality.

IMHO, Ndidi should be captain and, if he continues with this his newfound energy and confidence, Iwobi should be his deputy.
Thanks for how you succintly buttressed my point, unlike that troll above you.

I definitely agree to Ndidi been handed the captain's armband cause he remains the foundation of the team and has all the makings of a great leader...we really missed his presence against Ghana (see how Partey bossed it for Ghana). When Ndidi returns, the captain's armband should be given to him, Ekong needs to either get a club and back into form ASAP or sit this one put.

I remember when we had real warriors and captain's like Keshi, Christian Chukwu etc in that defence...now we're parading clowns like Ekong who wobbles like a noodle leg against just any sh#t player smh...
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Okey Okeckwu too. And JJ as an AM was never one to shirk responsibility either.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

If Ebuehi is injury-free, he should be invited and given the Right Back position.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

:clap: :agree:
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

The thing is you don't really have any clear better options than Troost and Ajayi.

But you already have clear better options than Shehu and Musa.

Those 2 are the first that need to go.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:08 pm The thing is you don't really have any clear better options than Troost and Ajayi.

Awaziem, Balogun & Omeruo are better options and that shouldn't even be a debate.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:08 pm The thing is you don't really have any clear better options than Troost and Ajayi.

Ozorowafor, ugho,, Awaziem, Akpoguma, Noah.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sunset wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:15 pm

Awaziem, Balogun & Omeruo are better options and that shouldn't even be a debate.
Awaziem that was all over the place in the US friendlies ?

Omeruo is very debatable. Balogun yes, but he is old.

Also Ajayi can serve as a DM so I would not get rid of him for any of those you mentioned.

Musa has like more than a dozen players better than him.

Shehu has Aina, Ebuehi, Osay Samuel all better than him.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:29 pm

Also Ajayi can serve as a DM so I would not get rid of him for any of those you mentioned.

All over the place? Maybe you don't know this but he is a CB that was forced to play the majority of those games at RB, something that no sane coach would even attempt with those two due to their limitations and in those same friendlies we saw Ekong volley the ball into his own net or do you have selective amnesia with that? Ajayi that struggles to distribute the ball as a CB, and you think he'd be useful in our midfield :???: Funny thing is him playing in midfield was the last time he would start under Rohr. So if he can see such an obvious fact how can you suggest such?

Let's not get it twisted they're both very committed players but lack the ability to take us to the next level and if they're labouring against the likes of Sierra Leone imagine what will happen against the tougher sides.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Ekong doesn't even have a club, how is this clown the captain. Get 45 year old goalie out of there.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:30 pm Ekong doesn't even have a club, how is this clown the captain. Get 45 year old goalie out of there.
Why insult him.
Did he wake up and decide to walk into the team and and make himself Captain ?
Our National Team Players make a lot of Sacrifices to represent the Country.
Afford Them all Respect
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

blueangel wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:42 pm
Benedict Iroha wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:30 pm Ekong doesn't even have a club, how is this clown the captain. Get 45 year old goalie out of there.
Why insult him.
Did he wake up and decide to walk into the team and and make himself Captain ?
Our National Team Players make a lot of Sacrifices to represent the Country.
Afford Them all Respect
Two truths can co-exist, while we can agree that Ekong has been dedicated towards representing the country, we can also agree that he's riding on charity at this point because based on form and merit, he doesn't deserve to earn a call up over other better players who will give an arm to represent the SE but can't get the chance.. let's not use the pity-party tactics to cushion mediocrity, that's why our football is in such a pathetic state cause standards are very low
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Sunset wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:42 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:29 pm

All over the place? Maybe you don't know this but he is a CB that was forced to play the majority of those games at RB, something that no sane coach would even attempt with those two due to their limitations and in those same friendlies we saw Ekong volley the ball into his own net or do you have selective amnesia with that? Ajayi that struggles to distribute the ball as a CB, and you think he'd be useful in our midfield :???: Funny thing is him playing in midfield was the last time he would start under Rohr. So if he can see such an obvious fact how can you suggest such?

Let's not get it twisted they're both very committed players but lack the ability to take us to the next level and if they're labouring against the likes of Sierra Leone imagine what will happen against the tougher sides.
You forgot that Awaziem played as right back in the 2019 ANC and was really solid. Something is really wrong with him, could be that he is not fit.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:26 am

Thanks for how you succintly buttressed my point, unlike that troll above you.

I definitely agree to Ndidi been handed the captain's armband cause he remains the foundation of the team and has all the makings of a great leader...we really missed his presence against Ghana (see how Partey bossed it for Ghana). When Ndidi returns, the captain's armband should be given to him, Ekong needs to either get a club and back into form ASAP or sit this one put.

I remember when we had real warriors and captain's like Keshi, Christian Chukwu etc in that defence...now we're parading clowns like Ekong who wobbles like a noodle leg against just any sh#t player smh...
You can talk about his performance in the green white green without insulting him. The guy has served us well and won medals for his nation. Put some respect to his name.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

The same Awaziem that played in the US a couple of weeks ago or another one?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lolly wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:17 pm

When fit…I agree those 3 are better.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:25 pm

When was the last time he had a good game for us? The guy has been very average since 2020.

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Lolly wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:42 pm
maceo4 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:25 pm

When was the last time he had a good game for us? The guy has been very average since 2020.
Sounds like you missed our world Cup qualifying games vs Cape Verde (both games), CAR & Liberia
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:29 pm

Ozorowafor, ugho,, Awaziem, Akpoguma, Noah.
Come to think of it, wasn’t it reported that Ozone was invited to camp for the AFCON quails while the team was still in the USA?
Allegedly even confirmed by his club.
What happened? Did he make it to camp at all?
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

The main ones we need to stop inviting are Musa and Shehu. Ajayi and Ekong deserve to be in the team since the other options are on the same level or not really better.