Where's that yeye Rawlings

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Where's that yeye Rawlings

Post by Bigpokey24 »

gosh wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:51 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:43 pm
gosh wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:26 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:39 pm See how Japan is destroying the midgets

Japan 4 vs Ghana 1 :lol:
TBH, these "trial" matches are nothing but low-grade exhibitions to test new player and formation changes by coaches.
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Ghana lose 2-0 or 2-1 to Zimbabwe and then a whopping 5-1 or 5-0 to Saudi Arabia before either the 2006 or 2010 World Cup? Yet what happened in the actual World Cup competition?
I personally don't take these trial/friendly matches seriously. Even the AFCON qualifiers
have better merit as performance measurements because they are real competitive matches.
we are in 2022. keep being delusional
"Delusion" is when some people on CE never learn and seem to fall back into the same faux excitement state they had when Ghana lost to Comoros thinking it was a predictor of how if SE met Ghana in the WC qualifiers, SE was gonna beat the crap out of them until reality slapped "delusion" in the face.
you are not playing home and away at the WC. you played tournament football in Cameroon. as i said ghana is the worst African team going to the worldcup. We await una games. keep dancing and celebrating
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:58 pm

TBH, these "trial" matches are nothing but low-grade exhibitions to test new player and formation changes by coaches.
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Ghana lose 2-0 or 2-1 to Zimbabwe and then a whopping 5-1 or 5-0 to Saudi Arabia before either the 2006 or 2010 World Cup? Yet what happened in the actual World Cup competition?
I personally don't take these trial/friendly matches seriously. Even the AFCON qualifiers
have better merit as performance measurements because they are real competitive matches.
"Delusion" is when some people on CE never learn and seem to fall back into the same faux excitement state they had when Ghana lost to Comoros thinking it was a predictor of how if SE met Ghana in the WC qualifiers, SE was gonna beat the crap out of them until reality slapped "delusion" in the face.
you are not playing home and away at the WC. you played tournament football in Cameroon. as i said ghana is the worst African team going to the worldcup. We await una games. keep dancing and celebrating
Tell me, and be honest. Is there a WC Ghana has qualified for in which the usual suspects on CE haven't labelled Ghana as "the worst African team," "a bunch of hey-yous," "they are going to disgrace Africa" on and on and on?
I challenge you to go into CE archives and you will see similar posts after EVERY TIME Ghana has qualified for a WC, but objective posters aren't fooled and know why :roll:
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

nor lose sleep november dey come , we go see matches vs Uruguay, Portugal and SK. We expect ghana to defeat them all
SuperEagles

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Those people that thought Ghana was the easier opponent are VERY POOR students of history. I was hoping that we didn't get Ghana because I knew they would regroup after the woeful AFCON result. And when it comes to playing against Naija, Ghana would rather die than not get the desired outcome.

Anyway, I am thinking that Ghana will be setting up to play counter-attacking football and hope to grab a goal or two, then lock up shop. They have the goalie that can keep them in games and with a compact defensive line would limit people to outside speculative shots.

I like Ghana chances if they play practical football and not going there to entertain fans.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Rawlings wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:03 pm Prior to the 1994 world cup
  • Sweden 3-1 Nigeria
    Georgia 5-1 Nigeria
WC
  • Nigeria 3 - 0 Bulgaria
    Argentina 2 - 1 Nigeria

Naija had its best performance at that world cup because they used the trial matches as trials not as a show.

Now to the match
  • The starting team against Japan had only three players from the crucial qualification matches we played against Naija.
    ...and it had only ONE central defender, who is actually a defensive midfielder.
    Africa, need not worry. we are bringing the cup home

Naija people: Cry your own cry :woot: :woot:
No need to lie. We lost 2, but beat Georgia in Lagos.

SWEDEN 3-1 NIGERIA
May 5, 1994

ROMANIA 2-0 NIGERIA
May 25, 1994

NIGERIA 5-1 GEORGIA
June 11, 1994
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

Cellular wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:23 pm

I like Ghana chances if they play practical football and not going there to entertain fans.
It would be nice if we can do that. We no longer have those type of players. What we have now is plenty of those that can't even trap a ball
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

:!:
aykwes8 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:31 pm

It would be nice if we can do that. We no longer have those type of players. What we have now is plenty of those that can't even trap a ball
That Ghanaian team of 2006-2010 was one of the best African generations I saw play, talk of a midfield to die for...Stephen Appiah, Essien, Muntari, KPB, Agyeman Badu, Kwadwo Asamoah, Anthony Annan etc...Ghana has always been blessed with midfielders just as Nigeria is blessed with strikers...the present crop of Ghanaian players just don't instill that fear anymore.
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:14 pm nor lose sleep november dey come , we go see matches vs Uruguay, Portugal and SK. We expect ghana to defeat them all
We surely "go see" as your prediction for Ghana in EVERY SINGLE WC has been one and the same: doom and gloom, every time. No exceptions. I think it is really your "hope" being cleverly masked as a "prediction."
No one is expecting Ghana to win all of its group stage matches, and it sure has its areas to correct but let's not blow things out of proportion either. I am not sure what "worst" African team means. The WC is a tournament and between now and November, anything can happen. Some teams will grow, some will peak, some will mature, some will gain momentum, others can even regress or become stale, etc. Let's wait and see.
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

Those people that thought Ghana was the easier opponent are VERY POOR students of history. I was hoping that we didn't get Ghana because I knew they would regroup after the woeful AFCON result. And when it comes to playing against Naija, Ghana would rather die than not get the desired outcome.

Anyway, I am thinking that Ghana will be setting up to play counter-attacking football and hope to grab a goal or two, then lock up shop. They have the goalie that can keep them in games and with a compact defensive line would limit people to outside speculative shots.

The bolded part will be the key. It sure will be tough, but certainly doable.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I want all the African teams to do well but anyone that disgraces Africa with match bonuses strike deserves to lose heavily. I’m tired of every WC that is the main news from the African teams camp. Match bonuses & stipends should be trashed out months before the tournament.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:48 pm they played 532 with their main team
Which of the teams are you referring to, Ghana or Japan? Please clarify
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:50 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:48 pm they played 532 with their main team
Which of the teams are you referring to, Ghana or Japan? Please clarify
The gahana
SuperEagles

Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Ghana must not go there and misrepresent us. Please let someone that it is not just to go to Qatar and make up the numbers. I hope they begin to get their acts together since they are representing us the West Africans.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Rawlings wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:21 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:37 pm
Rawlings wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:03 pm Prior to the 1994 world cup
  • Sweden 3-1 Nigeria
    Georgia 5-1 Nigeria
WC
  • Nigeria 3 - 0 Bulgaria
    Argentina 2 - 1 Nigeria

Naija had its best performance at that world cup because they used the trial matches as trials not as a show.

Now to the match
  • The starting team against Japan had only three players from the crucial qualification matches we played against Naija.
    ...and it had only ONE central defender, who is actually a defensive midfielder.
    Africa, need not worry. we are bringing the cup home

Naija people: Cry your own cry :woot: :woot:
Excuses, which of your missing key players would have made any difference today?
The missing 8 that "beat" Naija :tic:
When did you beat Naija? The games ended in draws... By the way, we beat Georgia 5:1
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

:clap: bros, but the important thing is to rub it in with Rawlings and his ilk. They will not let us rest if the SE suffers the simplest of setbacks. Thus, he should see wahala. LOL
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Nothing you guys say to Rawlings can ease the pain of not qualifying for the World Cup. Rawlings is probably making plans right now to go watch Ghana at the World Cup while we can only look forward to 2026❗️

Cheers.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

gosh must be a midget charlie? Ghana beating Nigeria to a World cup ticket without actually win a match is a freak occurrence! It happens in football. However, the world knows this Ghanaian team is terrible and have been terrible for years. That is why they are looking for players to change nationality to Ghana all over Europe six months before a World cup!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:33 pm Nothing you guys say to Rawlings can ease the pain of not qualifying for the World Cup. Rawlings is probably making plans right now to go watch Ghana at the World Cup while we can only look forward to 2026❗️

Cheers.
Rawlings that lives in his mother's basement can't afford to leave his village talkless the country! That midget will not beat anywhere near Doha! Even his idol tfco lied about going to Brazil!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:33 pm Nothing you guys say to Rawlings can ease the pain of not qualifying for the World Cup. Rawlings is probably making plans right now to go watch Ghana at the World Cup while we can only look forward to 2026❗️

Cheers.
Exactly and to be frank, not qualifying still hurts a little. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cheers.
did ghana qualify for 2018? abeg make we hear word. by the wat dude aint going to Qatar in november december. in fact many of us here wouldn't have been in Qatar even if the SE made it
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:10 pm

Cheers.
Exactly and to be frank, not qualifying still hurts a little. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A little? Okay o.
What makes it worse is that it was entirely self-inflicted.

Wait until November. Na dat time you go know say no be small ting.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:42 pm

Cheers.
A little? Okay o.

November is too far. The pain will start in October when the teams that qualified starts modeling their new WC Jersey’s. Even the US don’t care about soccer in general are excited about the WC.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:42 pm

Cheers.
A little? Okay o.

Yeah, I only used the phrase 'a little' to console myself, else our failure to qualify more than hurts, especially because the last leg was played in our home and in that match, we knew what we were facing.

What happened to us wouldn't have happened to the indomitable LIONS of Cameroon. I believe those players would have preferred to die on the field, instead