Name a SE winger better than MUSA since 2012

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Name a SE winger better than MUSA since 2012

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Due respect to Vic Mo who’s retirement ended up with a SE DNQ for the WC.

Name a SE winger that’s performed better than Musa in the same period and is still better than Musa today. Or, performed better than Musa and is no longer in the team.

I’ll make it easier.

Name a SE winger in the current squad you know will perform at a high level on Monday vs Sao Tome. Pls back it up with stats not emotion or suspicion.

Thats 10yrs. It’s a large sample size. Just asking.
OCCUPY NFF!!
packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Name a SE winger better than MUSA since 2012

Post by packerland »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:25 am Due respect to Vic Mo who’s retirement ended up with a SE DNQ for the WC.

Name a SE winger that’s performed better than Musa in the same period and is still better than Musa today. Or, performed better than Musa and is no longer in the team.

I’ll make it easier.

Name a SE winger in the current squad you know will perform at a high level on Monday vs Sao Tome. Pls back it up with stats not emotion or suspicion.

Thats 10yrs. It’s a large sample size. Just asking.
You don’t get it. Again you are comparing past. All the criticism against Musa are based in 3 criteria:
1) current performance/skill - The guy has been poor for a few years now for both club and country. His speed which was his biggest asset has eluded him.
2) Age - The guy is not getting younger and from his last interview doesn’t seem like he’s going anywhere anytime soon.
3) Position - Whether you play him as a winger or as a striker like he does when he played for CSK Moscow, that is a position we area stacked. If Musa was a defender(an area of deficit) then we will be having a different conversation.
4) Retirement factor- The guy alluded that last AFCON was his last and the boys will be playing hard for him and now he is saying that he didn’t say so. That’s how naija politicians behave.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Since you want to play history trivia, name a French striker other than Benzema & Mbappe that has scored more goals for club and country in the last 6yrs more than André-Pierre Gignac?

The guy is still balling maybe Deschamp should recall him?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

packerland wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:21 pm Since you want to play history trivia, name a French striker other than Benzema & Mbappe that has scored more goals for club and country in the last 6yrs more than André-Pierre Gignac?

I don't know anything about French football.

Musa is longer a regular for SE and rarely plays but people still hate his guts to high heavens.
Why nit name players that have done or doing better for SE.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

packerland wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:21 pm Since you want to play history trivia, name a French striker other than Benzema & Mbappe that has scored more goals for club and country in the last 6yrs more than André-Pierre Gignac?

Dem be Nigerians? Abeg, helep us ooo?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR you be my guy but please don't do this, Musa isn't any where better than the likes of Mikel Obi, Victor Moses etc, yet those two were honorable enough to exit the scene for other younger players to shine. Mikel Obi in particular remains one of the most decorated players in modern Nigerian football, yet he showed enough class, consideration and principle by knowing he was past his best and retired on a high note. Musa will always have a special place in Nigerian football for his world cup exploits, but he's pretty much a deadweight at this point.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:28 pm

Musa is longer a regular for SE and rarely plays but people still hate his guts to high heavens.
You dont know anything about anything. Dunce like you :evil:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

bret- hart wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:41 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:28 pm

You dont know anything about anything. Dunce like you :evil:
Much like the stock u come. Never address me ever again you dumb *kindperson*?
You hia...
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:31 pm EMIR you be my guy but please don't do this, Musa isn't any where better than the likes of Mikel Obi, Victor Moses etc, yet those two were honorable enough to exit the scene for other younger players to shine. Mikel Obi in particular remains one of the most decorated players in modern Nigerian football, yet he showed enough class, consideration and principle by knowing he was past his best and retired on a high note. Musa will always have a special place in Nigerian football for his world cup exploits, but he's pretty much a deadweight at this point.
Is that why he's hated so much? The hatred of Musa of the forum has gone way too far because he's a northerner and that must stop.

Yes he's not the Musa of old but the ones picked ahead if him aren't even a young version of themselves either.

We can't let hate win.
OCCUPY NFF!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:07 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:31 pm EMIR you be my guy but please don't do this, Musa isn't any where better than the likes of Mikel Obi, Victor Moses etc, yet those two were honorable enough to exit the scene for other younger players to shine. Mikel Obi in particular remains one of the most decorated players in modern Nigerian football, yet he showed enough class, consideration and principle by knowing he was past his best and retired on a high note. Musa will always have a special place in Nigerian football for his world cup exploits, but he's pretty much a deadweight at this point.
Is that why he's hated so much? The hatred of Musa of the forum has gone way too far because he's a northerner and that must stop.

Yes he's not the Musa of old but the ones picked ahead if him aren't even a young version of themselves either.

We can't let hate win.
So AlHassan Yusuf is from Calabar state abi? Zaidu Sanusi is from Onitsha right? Ishaq Abdulrasaq is from Abia state abi? You see why you are referred to as a dunce? Just STFU and stop polluting CE. We can smell your mouth and body odor from here.
Last edited by bret- hart on Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Dude dont bother wasting precious time addressing that clown. You have better things to do with your time

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Since 2012 ?

WTF does 2012 have to do with 2022 ?

Maybe Finidi George is there to suit up as well. After all he has experience and is a legend.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

We can't let hate win.
The good old ethnic card to justify Musa's criminal inclusion to the team is dead om arrival.

We hype Zaidu here, we hype Alhassan like he's the next best thing after Zidane, we hype Daniel Doga (kid from the U20 who impressed massively), Ishaq from Kwara utd has also been tipped to be a star player soon, even back in our golden generation days Tijani Babangida was nearly everyone's favorite player etc...Musa isn't even from the North if we have to get technical, he's from Edo North (Auchi area precisely).
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:01 am

We can't let hate win.
The good old ethnic card to justify Musa's criminal inclusion to the team is dead om arrival.

We hype Zaidu here, we hype Alhassan like he's the next best thing after Zidane, we hype Daniel Doga (kid from the U20 who impressed massively), Ishaq from Kwara utd has also been tipped to be a star player soon, even back in our golden generation days Tijani Babangida was nearly everyone's favorite player etc...Musa isn't even from the North if we have to get technical, he's from Edo North (Auchi area precisely).
I didn’t know Musa is from Edo. Not sure you follow UFC but I think Kamaru Usman is from Auchi too? Anyway, it doesn’t change anything for me I don’t care where our players are from
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:01 am

We can't let hate win.

I’m not questioning your intentions but there’re people here who see Musa as a token northerner and vent their frustration on him, it’s been that way for yrs. Some of us were here when Musa played U20 WC for FE, somehow my hey still had issues with him then. You might not see it but some of us who are minorities on CE see it clearly.
OCCUPY NFF!!