WAFU B U17: GHANA 2 v EAGLETS 4 (FT)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
WAFU B U17: GHANA 2 v EAGLETS 4 (FT)

Post by Gotti »

Video of the full game can be found via this link...
https://elevensports.com/en/view/event/ ... dpvb4qwm3f

Last edited by Gotti on Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:15 pm, edited 7 times in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WAFU B U17: GHANA 0 v EAGLETS 2 (HT)

Post by Gotti »

Coverage by some Ghanaian dude at the stadium...
A bit shitty, but better than nothing and beggars have no choice. :D

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Thanks, much better pictures
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WAFU B U17: GHANA 1 v EAGLETS 3 (2H)

Post by Gotti »

This ref has been poor...
Gifts Ghana a dodgy "PK" in the 88th minute to make the score more respectable for Ghana
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WAFU B U17: GHANA 2 v EAGLETS 4 (FT)

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

What happened to the last Eaglets that qualified for the African championship in Morocco?
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

lacidi wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:25 pm What happened to the last Eaglets that qualified for the African championship in Morocco?
That tourmanent was cancelled due to COVID. Some of them are part of the U20 team.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Was a good game against the home crowd and a seemingly biased ref IMO, boys did really well.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

That free kick goal!! Wow..How come not a single player in the super eagles 🦅 can come close to striking the ball like that Kid?
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Goalgetter wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:12 pm That free kick goal!! Wow..How come not a single player in the super eagles 🦅 can come close to striking the ball like that Kid?
That's why we have to massively invest in our youth teams and stop this backdoor nonsense of forcing already made foreign born rejects who see Nigeria as their last resort option to play for us...look at how the U20 team that just won the WAFU U20 tournament played some fantastic football (something our senior team struggles to do), left for me I say we keep few players from the senior NT like Ndidi, Iwobi, Aribo, Osimhen,Bassey,Aina, Zaidu and Lookman, then transition some of that U20 boys into the senior team, if you're good enough then you're old enough.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:22 pm
Goalgetter wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:12 pm That free kick goal!! Wow..How come not a single player in the super eagles 🦅 can come close to striking the ball like that Kid?
That's why we have to massively invest in our youth teams and stop this backdoor nonsense of forcing already made foreign born rejects who see Nigeria as their last resort option to play for us...look at how the U20 team that just won the WAFU U20 tournament played some fantastic football (something our senior team struggles to do), left for me I say we keep few players from the senior NT like Ndidi, Iwobi, Aribo, Osimhen,Bassey,Aina, Zaidu and Lookman, then transition some of that U20 boys into the senior team, if you're good enough then you're old enough.
Honestly! But you know now His royal highness Emir Ahmed Musa must stay on even tho he is useless now just like the politrickians we have. Just sad. Gavi and Pedro are just 2-3 years older than these u17 boys and yet they are balling for Spain but a 23 year old is told that he is not ready to play for Super Eagles. Tufia!!
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Thankfully the MRI has come to stay in youth football, these boys are truly young
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

oyek wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:25 am Thankfully the MRI has come to stay in youth football, these boys are truly young
Yes sir! Those days are long gone. Shame on coach John Obua & his age cheating. I was disgusted with some of the u-17 team that lost in the final.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

That is the question. Are they good enough to hack it with the Big Boys?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:31 am
All it takes to know is to give them a chance right?
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I agree that we're getting second-rate foreign-born talent as the first-class players are snapped up before we can get anywhere near them. This is why it is paramount that we produce our own talent at home to even come close to being able to compete with European nations on an equal footing. We have regressed significantly since the early 90s. Right now, I believe a proper combination of local players and foreign players will give us a stronger team than we currently have.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:43 am
Damunk wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:31 am
All it takes to know is to give them a chance right?
Of course. But how do you pick those you want to give a chance?
Is it on merit or random?
If it is on merit, then they have to show themselves to be better than their competitors -wherever they play.
If it is random, then we might as well try TUNDE GBA’BOLU that scored 97 goals in Afghanistan or Taiwan last season. You never know.

It’s still down to perceived quality - and the coach should be deciding that.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Orion wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:30 am
I agree that we're getting second-rate foreign-born talent as the first-class players are snapped up before we can get anywhere near them. This is why it is paramount that we produce our own talent at home to even come close to being able to compete with European nations on an equal footing. We have regressed significantly since the early 90s. Right now, I believe a proper combination of local players and foreign players will give us a stronger team than we currently have.
I really object to terms such as ‘second rate’ and ‘rejects’ as it is applies to dual nationality footballers.
Maybe it is semantics but I think it is both disrespectful to the players and self-deprecating on our part.

The fact that a player does not make the squad of any of the world’s top 6 or 10 elite national teams does not make him ‘second rate’ or a ‘reject’ in the true sense.
Of course, everyone knows what they mean when they use such terms, but I get the distinct impression that in our case we consistently use it in a derogatory way.

If a player is in the orbit of the England, Germany, Italy, Brazil, Spain, Belgium or similar national squads and doesn’t make the final cut, it doesn’t negate his quality. It just means there is someone else slightly ‘better’, or ‘suitable’ - and even that can be subjective, depending on the views and needs of the coach. You can only call 23 players for a tournament. Not 230.

I can’t imagine a Chidi Emeka Santos not making the squad of Brazil or a Tonye Oghene Schumacher of Germany being referred to as ‘second rate’ by Nigerians whose only claim to world football fame is the U17 World Cup and the Olympic soccer gold.
That’s really a bit rich.

And anyway, if we insist on calling them ‘rejects’ and for whatever reason they are still better than their Nigerian-born competitors and they are ready to play, then we’d better take them.
No-one remembers that ish when they win the laurels. No-one cares.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

5 of the 8 are foreign born. Why shut the door to where they came from?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ukwala wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:27 am
5 of the 8 are foreign born. Why shut the door to where they came from?
Iwobi was born in Nigeria.