Official Training for Nigeria ahead Sao Tome

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jmal
Egg
Egg
Official Training for Nigeria ahead Sao Tome

Post by Jmal »

Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Official Training for Nigeria ahead Sao Tome

Post by Undertaker »

See green grass compare to the cow grassing field in Abuja? What a disgrace! Big up to Morocco! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Undertaker wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:20 am See green grass compare to the cow grassing field in Abuja? What a disgrace! Big up to Morocco! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
This is a big shame. A whole Nigeria and we no get 1 world class stadium. :veryangry:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Let CAF just ban all our stadiums make we adopt anotha home.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

If all the North Africans have keep World standard grass stadium then I don't understand why the rest us sub Saharan African countries struggles? 2022 and we are so backward it isn't funny anymore!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Jmal wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:46 pm

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Undertaker wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:20 am See green grass compare to the cow grassing field in Abuja? What a disgrace! Big up to Morocco! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I read on Owngoalnigeria that the contract for the maintenance of the Abuja stadium pitch was awarded to a company that had no equipment. They even borrowed the water sprinklers used before the WCQ against Ghana.
This is where man know man instead of competence has gotten us to!
I am happy
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Undertaker wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:00 am If all the North Africans have keep World standard grass stadium then I don't understand why the rest us sub Saharan African countries struggles? 2022 and we are so backward it isn't funny anymore!
It's not the same climate. It's harder for us in West Africa, but that should not be an excuse. We should have found ways to manage grass by now to cater to our harsher climate.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Orion wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:05 am
Undertaker wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:00 am If all the North Africans have keep World standard grass stadium then I don't understand why the rest us sub Saharan African countries struggles? 2022 and we are so backward it isn't funny anymore!
It's not the same climate. It's harder for us in West Africa, but that should not be an excuse. We should have found ways to manage grass by now to cater to our harsher climate.
I’m not expect so maybe I’m missing something but surely our greener climate should mean better grass, no?

I mean, surely even Abuja is more suitable for grass than Agadir.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

waka-man wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:08 pm
I’m not expect so maybe I’m missing something but surely our greener climate should mean better grass, no?

It would seem so wouldn't it? It's one of those counterintuitive things.

It's actually harder to maintain good grass in tropical regions because of the extreme weather. Harder rain, harder sun, more humid, more insects and worms feeding on the grass, etc. All contribute to destroying the grass. Different methods would be needed to maintain good grass in tropical regions.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Orion wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:46 pm

It would seem so wouldn't it? It's one of those counterintuitive things.

It's actually harder to maintain good grass in tropical regions because of the extreme weather. Harder rain, harder sun, more humid, more insects and worms feeding on the grass, etc. All contribute to destroying the grass. Different methods would be needed to maintain good grass in tropical regions.
Very interesting. Makes a ton of sense. Thanks!
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Personally I just think it’s incompetence and likely a degree of corruption.
There are numerous species of grass for different climates and some grasses actually thrive better in ‘harsh’ climates than in mild ones.
It’s just the know-how which is available for those that wish to learn.
But with Naija, you just never know what the damn problem is.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Although it is harder to grow grass in tropical environments the lack of irrigation is a problem.

Growing grass in Naija would be like growing grass in Florida versus Wisconsin or Michigan. It’s a difficult task.

Chinch bugs
Heat
Excessive rain

Keeping my lawn beautiful is work. In Michigan and Colorado, it looked like Wembley. No work involved.

When I was a kid, Liberty stadium Ibadan has an awesome field and excellent drainage but most importantly an excellent maintenance program.