Victor Osimhen nets four in 10-0 win for Nigeria in Nations Cup qualifier

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Victor Osimhen nets four in 10-0 win for Nigeria in Nations Cup qualifier

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:00 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:29 pm
This is why you are a blockhead, with a loud mouth to boot. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You’re stuck in the 70s “I’m black and proud!” era, in which you think you have to prove ‘The White Man’ has nothing to offer because you too get small sense and are ‘somebody’.

Move up. Your race has long left that repressed mindset behind.
Still looking to validate yourself when nobody ask you kweshon.. :rotf:
How is ****? I heard he is still looking for work. My church is looking for someone to coach our Legion of Mary team. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If you are actually a signed up member of a church - any church - then that church needs more than just a coach.
The whole church from pastor to porter needs some serious 'deliverance'. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:34 am
This is why you are a blockhead, with a loud mouth to boot. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You’re stuck in the 70s “I’m black and proud!” era, in which you think you have to prove ‘The White Man’ has nothing to offer because you too get small sense and are ‘somebody’.

How is ****? I heard he is still looking for work. My church is looking for someone to coach our Legion of Mary team. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If you are actually a signed up member of a church - any church - then that church needs more than just a coach.
awww it hurt doesnt it? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: you thought your cow faced messiah was going to remain coach for life, he was fired and thrown innto the pit of hell like the crap that he is. Since then, no one will touch him! :rotf: :rotf: Not even an interview! :rotf: :rotf: And thats the person you guys were dying for, begging him to be your messiah. kai! :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:35 pm
theYemster wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:48 pm
Aswani wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:16 pm To many offsides, he got tagged way too often.

He needs to learn, in game, how to change his stride regardless of how late the ball is released.
I agree. He needs to time his run better. And his teammates need to be in synch with him. Timing is everything.
Its not his teammates, its him, look at the disallowed goal that came from Zaidu's cross, he could see across the line where Zaidu and the ball was and that he himself was ahead of the ball as well as the defender, but just kept running more and more offsides, what could Zaidu do there to better time it? He put in the low cross as he should do but our boy doesn't seem to gerrit...
I'm not referring to this incident only. He was also caught a lot during the Ghana matches. His teammates too need to better understand his movement.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:23 am

awww it hurt doesnt it? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: you thought your cow faced messiah was going to remain coach for life, he was fired and thrown innto the pit of hell like the crap that he is. Since then, no one will touch him! :rotf: :rotf: Not even an interview! :rotf: :rotf: And thats the person you guys were dying for, begging him to be your messiah. kai! :oops:
Dem never still cure your delusions?
Take the jab bro.
It doesn’t hurt and it won’t cause you to grow a second head like you suspect.
Not to say that wouldn’t be a good idea in your case.

And the person injecting might just be black. We can’t have you being jabbed by a white person, can we? That will totally destroy your ‘Say it Loud. I’m Black & Proud ‘ street cred. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Just try. Thank me later. :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Aswani wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:16 pm To many offsides, he got tagged way too often.

He needs to learn, in game, how to change his stride regardless of how late the ball is released.
I agree. He needs to time his run better. And his teammates need to be in synch with him. Timing is everything.
Its not his teammates, its him, look at the disallowed goal that came from Zaidu's cross, he could see across the line where Zaidu and the ball was and that he himself was ahead of the ball as well as the defender, but just kept running more and more offsides, what could Zaidu do there to better time it? He put in the low cross as he should do but our boy doesn't seem to gerrit...
If you're referring to the one disallowed in the 56th minute when the score was 5-0 I disagree and I'll lay the blame more on Zaidu. You could see that the defenders were already tracking back along with Osimhen. Had Osimhen paused to remain onside, the space/gap between the last defender holding the defense line and goalie would've been too small for him to attack the cross. He had to keep going. Zaidu was the one who took an extra touch. Go back and watch (the slow motion replay). Zaidu should have squared the ball as soon as Osimhen and the defenders started their run (knowing that Osinhem would outrun the defender) but he instead took an extra touch and that allowed Osimhen get offside by the time he finally crossed the ball. Even with Osimhen being ahead of the defender for offside, he was still only barely able to stretch and poke the ball. So had he paused to get back onside, he'd definitely not have been able to reach the ball. The answer is that the ball should've been squared earlier. (The goalie also screwed up cos that was his ball to dive for cos it was close to his reach to dive for).

Like I said both Osimhen and his teammates need to work together for better timing.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

theYemster wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:25 pm

If you're referring to the one disallowed in the 56th minute when the score was 5-0 I disagree and I'll lay the blame more on Zaidu. You could see that the defenders were already tracking back along with Osimhen. Had Osimhen paused to remain onside, the space/gap between the last defender holding the defense line and goalie would've been too small for him to attack the cross. He had to keep going. Zaidu was the one who took an extra touch. Go back and watch (the slow motion replay). Zaidu should have squared the ball as soon as Osimhen and the defenders started their run (knowing that Osinhem would outrun the defender) but he instead took an extra touch and that allowed Osimhen get offside by the time he finally crossed the ball. Even with Osimhen being ahead of the defender for offside, he was still only barely able to stretch and poke the ball. So had he paused to get back onside, he'd definitely not have been able to reach the ball. The answer is that the ball should've been squared earlier. (The goalie also screwed up cos that was his ball to dive for cos it was close to his reach to dive for).

Like I said both Osimhen and his teammates need to work together for better timing.
Im really not sure what you are talking about as Osimhen was offside on every single portion of that play as he was always ahead of the ball and ahead of the last defender. There was never a time that Zaidu could have played that ball where he would have been onside, and worse is he kept running more and more offsides. I thought I posted the video and it was quite evident…on a play like that a top striker stays in line with the defender then waits for the ball to be played into the space between the goalie and the last defender and then takes an angle to charge towards the ball ahead of the defender, anything else will be offsides…

From 4:44 in this video
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

theYemster wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:25 pm If you're referring to the one disallowed in the 56th minute when the score was 5-0 I disagree and I'll lay the blame more on Zaidu. You could see that the defenders were already tracking back along with Osimhen. Had Osimhen paused to remain onside, the space/gap between the last defender holding the defense line and goalie would've been too small for him to attack the cross. He had to keep going. Zaidu was the one who took an extra touch. Go back and watch (the slow motion replay). Zaidu should have squared the ball as soon as Osimhen and the defenders started their run (knowing that Osinhem would outrun the defender) but he instead took an extra touch and that allowed Osimhen get offside by the time he finally crossed the ball. Even with Osimhen being ahead of the defender for offside, he was still only barely able to stretch and poke the ball. So had he paused to get back onside, he'd definitely not have been able to reach the ball. The answer is that the ball should've been squared earlier. (The goalie also screwed up cos that was his ball to dive for cos it was close to his reach to dive for).

Victor seems to go into "full sprint" mode from the first stride thereby putting pressure on the person crossing the ball from the off in two instances:
1) They need to take an extra touch for whatever reason.
2) He has streaked offside.

He needs to delay the full sprint part of the run just before or as the ball is released. By this I mean keep in stride with the defender, ensuring you are onside, before then.

What compounds the frustration in the Sao Tome match is that the defenders were tiring anyway and I suspect he could have given them a 2 yard headstart. Yet, time after time, he was being caught offside and like someone else said, berating the officials who had made the correct decision.

He will improve though, hopefully break Alhaji's record soon enough. About time we had someone that broke the 50 goal barrier.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:57 pm

Im really not sure what you are talking about as Osimhen was offside on every single portion of that play as he was always ahead of the ball and ahead of the last defender. There was never a time that Zaidu could have played that ball where he would have been onside, and worse is he kept running more and more offsides. I thought I posted the video and it was quite evident…on a play like that a top striker stays in line with the defender then waits for the ball to be played into the space between the goalie and the last defender and then takes an angle to charge towards the ball ahead of the defender, anything else will be offsides…

Let me explain better, and I'm speaking specifically about this one situation.

I'm not absolving Osimhen. I said both he and his mates need to be on the same page. Osimhen just got offside as Zaidu got the ball. Had Zaidu crossed at that moment then I'll blame Osimhen solely but Zaidu took an extra touch which clearly put Osinhem definitely offside which meant he shouldve looked at the other options. Hence why I say I blame Zaidu probably more than Osimhen. He took an extra touch. As soon as he took the extra touch his option should've been to cut back seeing Osimhen has strayed offside cos even if Osimhen had paused to remain onside, he wouldn't have gotten to the ball where Zaidu placed it because the defenders had closed the space. He had to take off when he did as it also drew the defenders away from other attackers.

Once Zaidu took an extra touch that gave him the opportunity to see that Osimhen was now offside but had pulled the trailing defenders along with him, so he should've cut back and squared to the two trailing SE attackers behind Osimhen who were open.

Osimhen did his job, which was to either get open in scoring position, or draw defenders away and create a scoring position for his teammates. He did the latter. Zaidu just didn't make the right play.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

theYemster wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:08 pm

I'm not absolving Osimhen. I said both he and his mates need to be on the same page. Osimhen just got offside as Zaidu got the ball. Had Zaidu crossed at that moment then I'll blame Osimhen solely but Zaidu took an extra touch which clearly put Osinhem definitely offside which meant he shouldve looked at the other options. Hence why I say I blame Zaidu probably more than Osimhen. He took an extra touch. As soon as he took the extra touch his option should've been to cut back seeing Osimhen has strayed offside cos even if Osimhen had paused to remain onside, he wouldn't have gotten to the ball where Zaidu placed it because the defenders had closed the space. He had to take off when he did as it also drew the defenders away from other attackers.

Once Zaidu took an extra touch that gave him the opportunity to see that Osimhen was now offside but had pulled the trailing defenders along with him, so he should've cut back and squared to the two trailing SE attackers behind Osimhen who were open.

Osimhen did his job, which was to either get open in scoring position, or draw defenders away and create a scoring position for his teammates. He did the latter. Zaidu just didn't make the right play.
Bros if you pause the video at the point the ball got to Zaidu when he could have played any sort of ball, Osimhen was ALREADY offsides, and if he knew he was offsides and was just trying to draw defenders away then why was he arguing furiously with the linesman and ref for making the call being all animated and mad as if they were incompetent and he was clearly onsides?

What you are saying is not adding up, everything points to homie did not know or understand that he was offside. Even after Zaidu took a touch he still had time to get himself back onside by being static allowing the defender to recover as he can clearly see the last line and should recognize he’s behind it, then once the cross is made then make a run to try to connect with it. The issue is I’ve seen him make this exact same mistake many times last season at Napoli and then start berating the ref/linesman in the exact same way OR get furious at his teammates who recognize he’s offsides and choose a different target to pass to, it’s like he’s not getting it…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:47 pm

Bros if you pause the video at the point the ball got to Zaidu when he could have played any sort of ball, Osimhen was ALREADY offsides, and if he knew he was offsides and was just trying to draw defenders away then why was he arguing furiously with the linesman and ref for making the call being all animated and mad as if they were incompetent and he was clearly onsides?

What you are saying is not adding up, everything points to homie did not know or understand that he was offside. Even after Zaidu took a touch he still had time to get himself back onside by being static allowing the defender to recover as he can clearly see the last line and should recognize he’s behind it, then once the cross is made then make a run to try to connect with it. The issue is I’ve seen him make this exact same mistake many times last season at Napoli and then start berating the ref/linesman in the exact same way OR get furious at his teammates who recognize he’s offsides and choose a different target to pass to, it’s like he’s not getting it…
A one second pause by Vic would have been the way to go. I lay the blame on that squarely on Vic.

He needs to watch the defender's position at every point in his run and also try varying his runs. A small stutter step does the job of confusing the defenders and keeping you onside while giving you the options to change your path of run. These are areas Vic definitely need to work on.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cito wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:04 pm

A one second pause by Vic would have been the way to go. I lay the blame on that squarely on Vic.

He needs to watch the defender's position at every point in his run and also try varying his runs. A small stutter step does the job of confusing the defenders and keeping you onside while giving you the options to change your path of run. These are areas Vic definitely need to work on.
You get sense, that’s what I meant by just being momentarily static the defender will catch up and get you back onside then you use him as your last line and follow right along side him till the ball is played then you attack it.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

You're repeating the same thing that I'm not challenging.

In that play yes Vic was offside. That's not in question. Had he paused he could've been onside when Zaidu squared the ball. That's also not in question. However my point is, had he paused and been onside he wouldnt have gotten to the pass that Zaidu's made anyways because even with his headstart he barely reached the ball to toe poke it.

On that note as soon as Zaidu took the extra touch, two things happened. Osimhen strayed even further offside yes, but also he pulled the defenders with him and freed up two of his teammates trailing behind him right at the edge of the box. That's the pass Zaidu should've made. Had Osimhen been the only option then fine but he wasn't and his (offside) run created the right alternative option which Zaidu didn't make. I shouldn't say I blame him, he just made the wrong play as great a cross as it was. You're just too laser focused on Osimhen being offside not to see that.

And I'm not saying Osimhen doesn't regularly run offside, and thus needs to work on the timing of his runs, he does. My point is just about this one particular situation.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Yemster, it really seems like we are watching different videos or you are interpreting things to fit this your narrative, because where did you see Vic toe-poking that ball? He even had to slow himself up to break his momentum by throwing himself down so he doesn’t go further forward and maybe crash into the keeper. He doesn’t run fully through the cross he actually slows down and gets his full side foot through the ball. There is not a single toe-poke or even overstretch in sight. He could have stretched and gotten to the same ball or even taken a wider angle to get to it if only he stayed onside (see video below). There wasn’t any venom on the cross, it was perfectly placed between the last defender and goalie giving the striker the advantage to get to it. I really don’t see all these other options your are talking about for Zaidu, this was his best option and he did what full backs are taught to do…

See a similar play where Zaidu does the same thing but Vic stays onside and attacks the ball after it’s played taking the right angle to the ball (min 1:58 of this video):

Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:39 am
danfo driver wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:23 am

Dem never still cure your delusions?
Take the jab bro.
It doesn’t hurt and it won’t cause you to grow a second head like you suspect.
Not to say that wouldn’t be a good idea in your case.

And the person injecting might just be black. We can’t have you being jabbed by a white person, can we? That will totally destroy your ‘Say it Loud. I’m Black & Proud ‘ street cred. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Just try. Thank me later. :rotf:
has **** found work yet? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:19 pm Yemster, it really seems like we are watching different videos or you are interpreting things to fit this your narrative, because where did you see Vic toe-poking that ball? He even had to slow himself up to break his momentum by throwing himself down so he doesn’t go further forward and maybe crash into the keeper. He doesn’t run fully through the cross he actually slows down and gets his full side foot through the ball. There is not a single toe-poke or even overstretch in sight. He could have stretched and gotten to the same ball or even taken a wider angle to get to it if only he stayed onside (see video below). There wasn’t any venom on the cross, it was perfectly placed between the last defender and goalie giving the striker the advantage to get to it. I really don’t see all these other options your are talking about for Zaidu, this was his best option and he did what full backs are taught to do…

See a similar play where Zaidu does the same thing but Vic stays onside and attacks the ball after it’s played taking the right angle to the ball (min 1:58 of this video):

You're arguing like I said Osimhen did nothing wrong. I didn't. He did run offside that's not the point. My argument is that both him and Zaidu made errors. You laid the blame of that failed attempt on Vic only. I'm saying there were two options that wouldve presented legit goal scoring opportunities. Osimhen botched one by not timing his run. That was never in doubt. Where you and I differ is that I don't think he would've reached the ball with the covering defenders had he paused his run, you feel he would've. But that's not relevant. We can differ on that.

My actual point is when Zaidu took the extra touch it was clear that Vic was offside (yes his fault) however in doing so he had created an opening for his two teammates running into the Sao Tome box just behind him. Zaidu shouldve crossed to them instead, not Osimhen. That's why I said both players had fault but I personally blame Zaidu more for his poor decision of passing to a clearly offside Osinhen than the open player(s) in the box behind Osimhen. All the defenders had tracked back to defend the expected cross and cover Osimhen but the two players (can't identify them) were open and were clearly in Zaidu's line of sight.

Sometimes players making runs into the box doesn't mean you have to cross to them. They can be a decoy to pull defenders away from the intended target. This qualified as such a situation.

The whole point of the extra touch was to give his teammates time to get into position and also himself extra time to make the right read.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯