OSIMHEN deferred to Dennis on the Pk and Manager Calls him "Big Heart"

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
OSIMHEN deferred to Dennis on the Pk and Manager Calls him "Big Heart"

Post by Enugu II »

Why Dennis and not ‘Big Heart’ Osimhen played Super Eagles Penalty – Peseiro
https://www.footballlive.ng/why-dennis- ... ty-peseiro

By Adebanjo -June 13, 20220335

Nigeria’s Coach Jose Peseiro has revealed that Victor Osimhen is the designated penalty taker for the Super Eagles, clearing the air on the situation in Monday’s game against Sao Tome & Principe where Emmanuel Dennis took up penalty duties.
Peseiro explained that Osimhen had allowed his teammate, Dennis, take up the role so he could register his first international goal.
Dennis won a late penalty with Nigeria well ahead (9-0) in the Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Sao Tome.
The Attacker, in his sixth game for the Super Eagles coolly dispatched the penalty for his first goal and Peseiro thanked the good-hearted Osimhen.

‘Our Striker, You know that guy Victor Osimhen he plays for Napoli, I appointed him as our designate Penalty taker,’ the Portuguese Coach disclosed.
‘Today he could have scored five including from the penalty. He gave Dennis the opportunity to score, I like his humility, he’s a good guy with a big heart and I appreciate it. Congratulations and thank you very much.’
Osimhen scored four goals and also picked up two assists as Nigeria cruised past Sao Tome & Principe 10-0 at the Stade Adrar on Monday.
The win moved the Super Eagles top of group A ahead of Guinea Bissau who have four points from two games.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OSIMHEN deferred to Dennis on the Pk and Manager Calls him "Big Heart"

Post by vancity eagle »

Props to Osimehn.

Whatever you say about the guy he bleeds green white green and he is genuinely a good person with a lot of character. He is really playing for the team.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

After you've finished the Ram meat, the fish pepper soup, fried rice and isi Ewu at the buffet, you now want credit for leaving the Pomo for the next man. Abeg, Osihmen wicked o. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:32 am After you've finished the Ram meat, the fish pepper soup, fried rice and isi Ewu at the buffet, you now want credit for leaving the Pomo for the next man. Abeg, Osihmen wicked o. :laugh:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Thats being smart though
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:37 am

Nigeria’s Coach Jose Peseiro has revealed that Victor Osimhen is the designated penalty taker for the Super Eagles, clearing the air on the situation in Monday’s game against Sao Tome & Principe where Emmanuel Dennis took up penalty duties.
Peseiro explained that Osimhen had allowed his teammate, Dennis, take up the role so he could register his first international goal.
Dennis won a late penalty with Nigeria well ahead (9-0) in the Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Sao Tome.
The Attacker, in his sixth game for the Super Eagles coolly dispatched the penalty for his first goal and Peseiro thanked the good-hearted Osimhen.

‘Our Striker, You know that guy Victor Osimhen he plays for Napoli, I appointed him as our designate Penalty taker,’ the Portuguese Coach disclosed.
‘Today he could have scored five including from the penalty. He gave Dennis the opportunity to score, I like his humility, he’s a good guy with a big heart and I appreciate it. Congratulations and thank you very much.’
Osimhen scored four goals and also picked up two assists as Nigeria cruised past Sao Tome & Principe 10-0 at the Stade Adrar on Monday.
The win moved the Super Eagles top of group A ahead of Guinea Bissau who have four points from two games.
That's interesting news because Dennis said that Ahmed Musa was going to take the penalty but Musa let him take the penalty.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

return2k2 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:41 pm
Enugu II wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:37 am

That's interesting news because Dennis said that Ahmed Musa was going to take the penalty but Musa let him take the penalty.

Wow! TBH, I had expected Musa to take the pk given the circumstance. Now, I understand. That is why Musa is Governor to the players -- a servant leader.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Makes sense why he went to pick Musa up after the pk.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:06 pm Makes sense why he went to pick Musa up after the pk.
Exactly. I believe Damunk mentioned this in another thread and this clearly explains why.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I love Oshimen as a footballer he fights for what he wants to make happen!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:14 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:06 pm Makes sense why he went to pick Musa up after the pk.
Exactly. I believe Damunk mentioned this in another thread and this clearly explains why.
No Damunk speculated it was because "everybody loves Musa"

When in reality it was simply because he let him take the penalty.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

:bump:
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Sunset wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:05 pm:bump:
Man, you like trouble sha. You too like amebo.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

highbury wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:28 pm
Sunset wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:05 pm:bump:
Man, you like trouble sha. You too like amebo.
Not trouble, I think. What he posted is a historical fact.

Osimhen did allow Dennis to take the pk in that game given the trajectory of the game. I do not believe, as confirmed already by reports, that Dennis was ever the designated pk taker however.