Calvin "Baresi" Bassey

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Calvin "Baresi" Bassey

Post by danfo driver »

onovo wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:47 pm
txj wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:17 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:03 am
txj wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:58 am How anyone can consider Fulham a better club than Ajax is shocking!
I wish Bassey well, but this is not a smart footballing move...
By God's grace, we will all be here next year. We will find out who was right on this. :wink:

We don't have to wait that long...
Fulham is a championship level team. Its wired into their DNA :D

Ajax is an elite caliber team in all aspects of the sport. The fact that they didn't win the league last season changes nothing...
Abeg tell dem :thumb:
Take care. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:37 pm
txj wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:58 am How anyone can consider Fulham a better club than Ajax is shocking!
By God's grace, we will all be here next year. We will find out who was right on this. :wink:

Ajax is an elite caliber team in all aspects of the sport. The fact that they didn't win the league last season changes nothing...
I think you are arguing with the wrong person. The argument you are having is the one you should be having with 1Naija, maybe.

The argument I am having with you is NOT whether Fulham is bigger than Ajax. That will be a laughable argument. :lol: :lol: Even I was laughing when I was typing it.

The argument I am having with you is whether Bassey made the right choice to move to an EPL team (Fulham) [His other option was Brighton, a smaller club than Fulham]. And my analysis is we can determine whether it was the right choice by his improvement over the season, due to his performance against some of the top players in the world and then in the end, based on the trajectory of his career -- due to the exposure, which team will come in for him.

By God's grace we will all be here to see whether he made the right choice. :D

I only debate people who know and/or are interested in football, not trolling...

And my point is that you cannot make that determination in the abstract. It has to be relative to the other alternative, which is Ajax.

And strictly on the basis of your perspective, you cannot compare the technical level of Fulham to Ajax; and that includes Fulham in the EPL playing against all those top clubs you reference...It remains a top championship technical level of football...

In any case, he would first need to bench Ream...Possible given his youth and range of talent...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

txj wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:07 pm

I think you are arguing with the wrong person. The argument you are having is the one you should be having with 1Naija, maybe.

The argument I am having with you is NOT whether Fulham is bigger than Ajax. That will be a laughable argument. :lol: :lol: Even I was laughing when I was typing it.

The argument I am having with you is whether Bassey made the right choice to move to an EPL team (Fulham) [His other option was Brighton, a smaller club than Fulham]. And my analysis is we can determine whether it was the right choice by his improvement over the season, due to his performance against some of the top players in the world and then in the end, based on the trajectory of his career -- due to the exposure, which team will come in for him.

I only debate people who know and/or are interested in football, not trolling...

And my point is that you cannot make that determination in the abstract. It has to be relative to the other alternative, which is Ajax.

And strictly on the basis of your perspective, you cannot compare the technical level of Fulham to Ajax; and that includes Fulham in the EPL playing against all those top clubs you reference...It remains a top championship technical level of football...

In any case, he would first need to bench Ream...Possible given his youth and range of talent...
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He will get plenty of playing time. The coach, Silva, specifically asked for him and chose Bassey over the Ghanaian central defender at Southampton, Salisu.
This is despite Salisu having the advantage of EPL experience over Bassey
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He will get plenty of playing time. The coach, Silva, specifically asked for him and chose Bassey over the Ghanaian central defender at Southampton, Salisu.
This is despite Salisu having the advantage of EPL experience over Bassey
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Meanwhile Ajax are still struggling, apparently Bassey wasn't the problem
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

He made a nightmare debut for Fulham v Arsenal yesterday:

1) Got sent off;

2) While lying down injured in the penalty area, he played the entire Arsenal team onside, and caused Arsenal’s equaliser; and

3) Got booked for time wasting.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

wiseone wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:08 am He made a nightmare debut for Fulham v Arsenal yesterday:

1) Got sent off;

2) While lying down injured in the penalty area, he played the entire Arsenal team onside, and caused Arsenal’s equaliser; and

Meanwhile, Fulham fans on their forum thought he had a good game
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dammy wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:46 am
wiseone wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:08 am He made a nightmare debut for Fulham v Arsenal yesterday:

1) Got sent off;

He had a very good game. He was a beast all game until Saka pulled him down out of frustration. The red Crd was just a young man panicking at the wrong time, he'll learn from it.
Fulham got themselves a gem in Bassey.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1) Got sent off;

I cannot believe this is all you saw. Fulham were cheated 100% and that goal never should never had stood Saka fouled him 100% . You can choose to ignore it. He was one of the best players out there today and the 2nd yellow was 100% a real sacrifice for the team. At the end of the day Fulham took a point from one of the most inform teams in England
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

1) Got sent off;

You are taking that person seriously? :lol: Dude has been on cybereagles for years and he is the Man United version of Ohenhen :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:08 am

1) Got sent off;

You are taking that person seriously? :lol: Dude has been on cybereagles for years and he is the Man United version of Ohenhen :rotf:
Who is the bobo sef, never even knew him on CE until I noticed none Nigerian football threads opened years ago constantly bumped on eagles nest. Kept pondering who this?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:16 am
danfo driver wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:08 am

1) Got sent off;

Who is the bobo sef, never even knew him on CE until I noticed none Nigerian football threads opened years ago constantly bumped on eagles nest. Kept pondering who this?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:D
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I remember someone on this forum called Bassey a coward playing for a relegation threatened team!
I am happy
packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Ajax and Rangers FC reach agreement for Calvin Bassey

Post by packerland »

1naija wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:18 pm Lateral does not mean bigger and better
Go school una no gree...

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:10 pm
1naija wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:33 pm You are the one that is putting value on showing up in a couple of Champions league games to answer present sir, not me. I work with Brazilians, Italians, and Germans at my Uber company and not once have I heard any of them praise any move by any of their players to a club solely because the club plays champion league football. That is some ideiotic criteria set by jobless Nigerians who have nothing better to do than to post about games to be played at their time.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:20 pm
1naija wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:13 pm Lateral move at best. Both teams show up in Champions league just to answer present sir. Ajax are like Ghana ... still living off their ANC title from when they were Gold Coast.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:05 pm
1naija wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:37 pm Romans used to rule the world also. Ajax are Ancient History, just like Romans.

you really no be am at all.. who is really ancient between Ajaxs and Rangers? All these old men coming to CE, go away
can we say the same for ManCity and PSG in the champs league?
stop getting sensitive, you are clueless about the world game. For a 22 year old going to Ajax, is a great opportunity. The likes of Kanu and Finidi all started from there. Only a clueless being would claim Rangers is bigger and better than a club with 4 Champs league titles and most recently made the semis of the Champs league. You are so clueless it hurts
1naija was right after all :thumbs:
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:39 pm I don't want him playing a position where we miss out on his crosses.

Dude can deliver a cross.

Kai!
SIGNED on the crossing part. I do not see any one who does better in SE colors.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:54 am
Cellular wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:39 pm I don't want him playing a position where we miss out on his crosses.

Dude can deliver a cross.

Kai!
SIGNED on the crossing part. I do not see any one who does better in SE colors.
Observed as much in June 2022 when I made the comment.

See that cross he made to Lookman when he shifted to LB. Only he can make that cross.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!