Calvin "Baresi" Bassey

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ajax and Rangers FC reach agreement for Calvin Bassey

Post by 1naija »

You are the one that is putting value on showing up in a couple of Champions league games to answer present sir, not me. I work with Brazilians, Italians, and Germans at my Uber company and not once have I heard any of them praise any move by any of their players to a club solely because the club plays champion league football. That is some ideiotic criteria set by jobless Nigerians who have nothing better to do than to post about games to be played at their time.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:20 pm
1naija wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:13 pm Lateral move at best. Both teams show up in Champions league just to answer present sir. Ajax are like Ghana ... still living off their ANC title from when they were Gold Coast.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:05 pm
1naija wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:37 pm Romans used to rule the world also. Ajax are Ancient History, just like Romans.
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:32 pm
1naija wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:25 pm Ajax hasn't been relevant in almost 3 decades. Playing in Champions only means something to Nigerians. Nobody else in the world sees is as a measure of which club is a serious football club. He might as well have moved to some club in Israel or Malta that qualified for Champions league since that is the measure.
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:09 pm
He's gone backwards and ended up at a Champions League side in a better league. Not bad.
Senile Uncle 1naira, this view is so illogical even for you. Ask ManCity if they wouldn’t be willing to trade one of their premier league trophies just to be called champions of Europe❗️

Cheers.
you really no be am at all.. who is really ancient between Ajaxs and Rangers? All these old men coming to CE, go away
can we say the same for ManCity and PSG in the champs league?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:33 pm You are the one that is putting value on showing up in a couple of Champions league games to answer present sir, not me. I work with Brazilians, Italians, and Germans at my Uber company and not once have I heard any of them praise any move by any of their players to a club solely because the club plays champion league football. That is some ideiotic criteria set by jobless Nigerians who have nothing better to do than to post about games to be played at their time.
1naija wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:13 pm Lateral move at best. Both teams show up in Champions league just to answer present sir. Ajax are like Ghana ... still living off their ANC title from when they were Gold Coast.
1naija wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:37 pm Romans used to rule the world also. Ajax are Ancient History, just like Romans.
1naija wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:25 pm Ajax hasn't been relevant in almost 3 decades. Playing in Champions only means something to Nigerians. Nobody else in the world sees is as a measure of which club is a serious football club. He might as well have moved to some club in Israel or Malta that qualified for Champions league since that is the measure.

Senile Uncle 1naira, this view is so illogical even for you. Ask ManCity if they wouldn’t be willing to trade one of their premier league trophies just to be called champions of Europe❗️

Cheers.
you really no be am at all.. who is really ancient between Ajaxs and Rangers? All these old men coming to CE, go away
stop getting sensitive, you are clueless about the world game. For a 22 year old going to Ajax, is a great opportunity. The likes of Kanu and Finidi all started from there. Only a clueless being would claim Rangers is bigger and better than a club with 4 Champs league titles and most recently made the semis of the Champs league. You are so clueless it hurts
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Lateral does not mean bigger and better
Go school una no gree...

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:10 pm
1naija wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:33 pm You are the one that is putting value on showing up in a couple of Champions league games to answer present sir, not me. I work with Brazilians, Italians, and Germans at my Uber company and not once have I heard any of them praise any move by any of their players to a club solely because the club plays champion league football. That is some ideiotic criteria set by jobless Nigerians who have nothing better to do than to post about games to be played at their time.

Cheers.
stop getting sensitive, you are clueless about the world game. For a 22 year old going to Ajax, is a great opportunity. The likes of Kanu and Finidi all started from there. Only a clueless being would claim Rangers is bigger and better than a club with 4 Champs league titles and most recently made the semis of the Champs league. You are so clueless it hurts
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

1naija wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:18 pm Lateral does not mean bigger and better
Go school una no gree...

Bro, it's not a lateral move, it's an upward mobile move.
I am happy
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Both clubs go to Champions league for estacodes...
Dammy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:28 pm
1naija wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:18 pm Lateral does not mean bigger and better
Go school una no gree...

Bro, it's not a lateral move, it's an upward mobile move.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Calvin "Baresi" Bassey

Post by wiseone »

Social media is cruel.

sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Ajax is a good club for him to grow and up his skills as long as they don't ship him out
Dutch footie is so different from the kick and follow in scotland
All the best young man
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

A shame. I'd have preferred him to end up with Brighton for his development.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:03 pm A shame. I'd have preferred him to end up with Brighton for his development.
Agree! Fulham did well to finish mid table last season but I doing trust Marco Silva. To me he’s the Portuguese version of Frank Lampard.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:03 pm A shame. I'd have preferred him to end up with Brighton for his development.
I doubt he'd start for that Brighton team, at least at Fulham his chances of first team footie are much higher. We all saw what happened to Balogun there who was a far better defender IMO
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Sunset wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:40 pm
I doubt he'd start for that Brighton team, at least at Fulham his chances of first team footie are much higher. We all saw what happened to Balogun there who was a far better defender IMO
Best post
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

packerland wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:38 pm
Agree! Fulham did well to finish mid table last season but I doing trust Marco Silva. To me he’s the Portuguese version of Frank Lampard.
This makes no sense , you don't know Marco Silva. He is a quality coach
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Marco Silva is a better coach than Mikel Arteta. And I am not capping. Comparing him to Lampard says a lot about your knowledge.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:49 pm
This makes no sense , you don't know Marco Silva. He is a quality coach
Maybe not as bad as Frankie but I don’t rate him. He got Hull city relegated and Watford and Everton heading to the same fate before he got fired. He is not one for the long. He has spent no more than 1 yr in 5 out of 6 clubs he has managed.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sunset wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:40 pm
He'd walk into the Brighton team, easily. Brighton wanted him as replacement for Colwill. They decided to go for Igor, and have been wrangling with Fiorentina on the price. :lol: Clearly, it seems the issue is that they didnt want to pay what Ajax asked for and Fulham did, so Fulham got the player -- I dont have any inside info, this is just my interpretation.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

This deal shows how monstrously rich the Premier League clubs are. Bassey is leaving the biggest team in Holland (and 3 times Champions League winners) to join a team that was playing in the English 2nd division last year.

The fact that a newly promoted English club like Fulham can buy players from Holland's best club, and sign players from PSG: demonstrates that English clubs like in a different financial planet.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

wiseone wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:24 pm This deal shows how monstrously rich the Premier League clubs are. Bassey is leaving the biggest team in Holland (and 3 times Champions League winners) to join a team that was playing in the English 2nd division last year.

The fact that a newly promoted English club like Fulham can buy players from Holland's best club, and sign players from PSG: demonstrates that English clubs like in a different financial planet.

Fulham was on the EPL last season and actually did quite well.
OCCUPY NFF!!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

They were also in the Championship last year (Fulham was promoted in 2022). A newly promoted English club is taking players from the biggest club in Holland.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2567479
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:00 am
Last edited by wiseone on Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:02 am They were also in the Championship last year. A newly promoted English club is taking players from the biggest club in Holland.
No need to tell lies.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I normally do not see your posts as I blocked you. I made the mistake of overriding the block to view this post.

Fulham was playing in the Championship in 2022. The latest scientific research has shown that 2022 was last year (as I said in my original post).

I also added a link from the Premier League's official website which confirms Fulham's promotion date.

Also, your deliberate editing of my post to remove the part where I typed "Fulham was promoted in 2022" is vile gutter behaviour. Changing what someone wrote is utter snake level deception.

I will go back to not seeing your posts. Status quo restored.

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:47 am
wiseone wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:02 am They were also in the Championship last year. A newly promoted English club is taking players from the biggest club in Holland.
No need to tell lies.
Last edited by wiseone on Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Don't mind them, it's obvious what you meant.
Dem wan mug you. :D
Last year is different from last season.
wiseone wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:24 am I normally do not see your posts as I blocked you. I made the mistake of overriding the block to view this post.

Fulham was playing in the Championship in 2022. The latest scientific research has shown that 2022 was last year (as I said in my original post).

I also added a link from the Premier League's official website which confirms Fulham's promotion date.

I think I will go back to not seeing your posts. Status quote restored.

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:47 am
No need to tell lies.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Thank you.

Did you notice that when he quoted my post, he slyly edited out the part where I typed "Fulham was promoted in 2022" - so as to try to change the meaning of my post?

People that nefarious/who can deliberately try to con others like that are deplorable brethren of the 419 crew.

Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:48 am Don't mind them, it's obvious what you meant.
Dem wan mug you. :D
Last year is different from last season.