Introducing World Cup Moments

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Introducing World Cup Moments

Post by anointed »

Hi, all. I trust everyone is doing great.

It's truly been a while though I've been popping in and out of the site.

Will like to introduce my book World Cup Moments to y'all.
It's just the Vol. 1 and still an ebook at the moment and is available
on Amazon.

World Cup Moments is an eclectic and electric harvest of fascinating FIFA World
Cup stories, data, statistics, records, dramas, conspiracy theories, trivia, tales, comedies
and politics from the scenes and behind the scenes in lucid prose.

I most earnestly covet your patronage and, more importantly, reviews as
the Vol. 2 is in the works.

Amazon:

If you want to make purchase in Naija's famous currency:
https://selar.co/7ulq?fbclid=IwAR36pvo_ ... GnEbGSo_so

More on the book in this synopsis:

Each chapter of World Cup Moments represents an Episode of the World Cup finals and each Episode has a sub-title. So, the 1930 World Cup is Episode 1, with the sub-title: …In the Beginning. For chapter 2, though, the 1934 and 1938 editions are chronicled together in a chapter. It is the only chapter that bucks the trend. So chapter 2 marries Episodes 2 and 3 and sub-titled …the Beginning of the Future and the Calm before the Storm of War.

World Cup Moments goes a long way to create an interaction with, not just the football, but the universal set of histories revolving around it. For example, Episodes 1 and 8 go back in time to track the history of organized football. Mention is made of the first international football fixture between England and Scotland in 1872. Likewise are citations of how The FA came to be, International Football Association Board’s inauguration, the writing of The Laws of the Game, hosting of Lipton Cup, formation of FIFA etc in Episode 1. World Cup Moments digs to the root of how nuances like catenaccio, total football et al came into being.

There are also snippets of how key inventions shaped each decade in aviation, information technology, telecommunications, healthcare and other key spheres, especially as these inventions played roles in the way the FIFA World Cup was hosted. There is politics vis-à-vis within FIFA and outside FIFA i.e international politics as they impacted on FIFA and football. Not least are the two World Wars. Major World Cup protagonists like Jules Rimet, Pele, Carlos Dittborn, Diego Maradona etc are enunciated. World Cup Moments will introduce millions of young football fans worldwide to happenstances like Maracanzo, Lula di Tardelli etc.

At the end of each Episode, there are tables showing all the World Cup matches of that edition, with data on the final scores, all scorers, venues, attendances and referees.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Introducing World Cup Moments

Post by Cellular »

anointed wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:53 am Hi, all. I trust everyone is doing great.

on Amazon.

Cup stories, data, statistics, records, dramas, conspiracy theories, trivia, tales, comedies

Amazon:

Each chapter of World Cup Moments represents an Episode of the World Cup finals and each Episode has a sub-title. So, the 1930 World Cup is Episode 1, with the sub-title: …In the Beginning. For chapter 2, though, the 1934 and 1938 editions are chronicled together in a chapter. It is the only chapter that bucks the trend. So chapter 2 marries Episodes 2 and 3 and sub-titled …the Beginning of the Future and the Calm before the Storm of War.

World Cup Moments goes a long way to create an interaction with, not just the football, but the universal set of histories revolving around it. For example, Episodes 1 and 8 go back in time to track the history of organized football. Mention is made of the first international football fixture between England and Scotland in 1872. Likewise are citations of how The FA came to be, International Football Association Board’s inauguration, the writing of The Laws of the Game, hosting of Lipton Cup, formation of FIFA etc in Episode 1. World Cup Moments digs to the root of how nuances like catenaccio, total football et al came into being.

There are also snippets of how key inventions shaped each decade in aviation, information technology, telecommunications, healthcare and other key spheres, especially as these inventions played roles in the way the FIFA World Cup was hosted. There is politics vis-à-vis within FIFA and outside FIFA i.e international politics as they impacted on FIFA and football. Not least are the two World Wars. Major World Cup protagonists like Jules Rimet, Pele, Carlos Dittborn, Diego Maradona etc are enunciated. World Cup Moments will introduce millions of young football fans worldwide to happenstances like Maracanzo, Lula di Tardelli etc.

At the end of each Episode, there are tables showing all the World Cup matches of that edition, with data on the final scores, all scorers, venues, attendances and referees.
Uncle, welcome back.

I will get some copies from Amazon.

So, who are your intended audience for the book?

I know it is not the likes of BigTurkey, Emir Kongi, HemiBrassier, Unku 1Naija dem... you know what they have in common?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

President Mohammadu Cellular,

Many thanks.

It is universal but I believe the younger generation who fell in love
with football in the wake of Kanu's arrival at Arsenal, Roman's purchase
of Chelsea etc should aspire to read it, to discover that football has come
a long way. In the same vein, the older generation needs to relive memories
that are in oblivion and even get to know stuff that were going on behind
the scenes back in the day.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Good one bros will check it out!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

This guy in Canada ordered for 2 and it's been delivered by Amazon.

ImageImage
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:04 pm Good one bros will check it out!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Congratulations My dear brother, Bunmi, I will order my copy.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Brilliant.
Will order mine.
Well done Anointed!!!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

anointed wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:53 am Hi, all. I trust everyone is doing great.

on Amazon.

Amazon:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Excellent. When is a hardcopy coming out?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...does it have great coverage of Nigerian football and clubs? Not only oyinbo club.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Dammy wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:38 pm Congratulations My dear brother, Bunmi, I will order my copy.
Many thanks, bros.

How Boris dey sef?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:04 am Brilliant.
Will order mine.
Well done Anointed!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Doki, e ku ojo meta.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:19 am :clap: :clap: :clap: Excellent. When is a hardcopy coming out?
Hardcopy will be when I finish the Vol. 2 so it will be combined. For now
though, Amazon can print d a paperback for you.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

anointed wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:37 pm
Damunk wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:04 am Brilliant.
Will order mine.
Well done Anointed!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Doki, e ku ojo meta.
"Plus one day"
:D :D :D

Well done o.
Ẹ ku 'șé̩
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ordered mine on kindle, will be good reading for the weekend :clap: :clap:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

anointed wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:39 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:19 am :clap: :clap: :clap: Excellent. When is a hardcopy coming out?
Hardcopy will be when I finish the Vol. 2 so it will be combined. For now
though, Amazon can print d a paperback for you.
Thanks!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

anointed wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:34 pm
Dammy wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:38 pm Congratulations My dear brother, Bunmi, I will order my copy.
Many thanks, bros.

How Boris dey sef?
Boris is still hanging on with his stubborn head!
I am happy
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

World Cup is just 51 days away. Looking forward to your patronage and satisfaction with this Vol. 1.

If you have purchased it, any feedbacks?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

anointed wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:38 pm World Cup is just 51 days away. Looking forward to your patronage and satisfaction with this Vol. 1.

Posting anything related to world cup on this forum is like telling an old man a tale full of dry bones.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:17 am
anointed wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:38 pm World Cup is just 51 days away. Looking forward to your patronage and satisfaction with this Vol. 1.

Posting anything related to world cup on this forum is like telling an old man a tale full of dry bones.
Thank you Jare. They even want us to buy the story, :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!