General assessment of Peseiro so far

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: General assessment of Peseiro so far

Post by theYemster »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:16 pm
theYemster wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:11 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:30 pm
Odas wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:48 pm The beating of Sao Tome was good, but I still think we crossed the 'professional' line in what we did. I think five, or six goals should have been enough. Thereafter, we should have made it a 'practice game' and STOP scoring.

Well, e gud sha, wetin smol pikin like me sabi?
I tend to agree with you. “Running up the score” after you’ve comfortably beaten an opponent is considered unprofessional. By the 66th minute, we were already up 8-0. The game was pretty much over by then. The final 2 goals came in the 84th and 92nd minutes. Was that really necessary❓❗️

Cheers.
Wait, what? So you wanted Dennis to deliberately miss the penalty? 🤔😕
Dennis had nothing to prove to São Tomé so he shouldn’t have been in the box. After Osimhen’s fourth goal, they should have used the remaining 6 minutes to practice their possession football which they’re not very good at❗️

Cheers.
They're actually much better at possession football (how many times have we complained about meaningless possession) than they are at being clinical in front of goal and scoring.

So by your logic they were better off working on their finishing and goalscoring. That's not even taking into consideration that they could actually work on both at the same time.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

You need to be professional in all your games, and this 10-1 is one of our more professional displays, instead of insisting the team uses this as a practice for passing, I'd argue they should use it as a practice for scoring goals as we would have benefitted from that practice in the two legs against Ghana
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Bros, five or Six goals could be considered crossing the line also. It's hard to control the scoring in a game like this because everyone except maybe Osimhem is still trying for a spot on the team. Imagine if Moffi, or Lookman, or Denis had deliberately missed their goals in order not to run up the scoreline. No coach would have eagerly invited any of them back to the team.

I do think Osimhen should have been pulled around the 75th minute after the win was the secured.
Odas wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:48 pm The beating of Sao Tome was good, but I still think we crossed the 'professional' line in what we did. I think five, or six goals should have been enough. Thereafter, we should have made it a 'practice game' and STOP scoring.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:41 pm Bros, five or Six goals could be considered crossing the line also. It's hard to control the scoring in a game like this because everyone except maybe Osimhem is still trying for a spot on the team. Imagine if Moffi, or Lookman, or Denis had deliberately missed their goals in order not to run up the scoreline. No coach would have eagerly invited any of them back to the team.

I do think Osimhen should have been pulled around the 75th minute after the win was the secured.

Onkulu , no mind Odas jare. Na Im dey shout blood of Jesus with calculator in one hand and Bible in the when when we struggled to qualify in the past. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:18 pm
1naija wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:41 pm Bros, five or Six goals could be considered crossing the line also. It's hard to control the scoring in a game like this because everyone except maybe Osimhem is still trying for a spot on the team. Imagine if Moffi, or Lookman, or Denis had deliberately missed their goals in order not to run up the scoreline. No coach would have eagerly invited any of them back to the team.

Onkulu , no mind Odas jare. Na Im dey shout blood of Jesus with calculator in one hand and Bible in the when when we struggled to qualify in the past. :laugh:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  yes nau! How I no go dey shout and calculate if we no dey do well?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Dennis had nothing to prove to São Tomé so he shouldn’t have been in the box. After Osimhen’s fourth goal, they should have used the remaining 6 minutes to practice their possession football which they’re not very good at❗️

Cheers.
what's the point of possession if not to score goals. why practise possession for possession sake?
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Cheers.
what's the point of possession if not to score goals. why practise possession for possession sake?
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

amafolas wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:56 pm

Cheers.
We are probably never going to play São Tomé after these qualifiers. Most of our games will be against tougher opponents who we will not overpower so easily. That’s when we will need our possession football to open them up or protect a narrow lead.

NB. If this had to be explained to you then maybe you should stop commenting on football🤔❗️

Cheers.