General assessment of Peseiro so far

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: General assessment of Peseiro so far

Post by Lolly »

Odas wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:48 pm The beating of Sao Tome was good, but I still think we crossed the 'professional' line in what we did. I think five, or six goals should have been enough. Thereafter, we should have made it a 'practice game' and STOP scoring.

Well, e gud sha, wetin smol pikin like me sabi?
When we took the foot of the pedal against Sierra Leone after going 4-0 up, what happened? They can back to equalise and till today, fans have not stopped abusing Rohr and the players for it.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Lolly wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:25 pm
Odas wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:48 pm The beating of Sao Tome was good, but I still think we crossed the 'professional' line in what we did. I think five, or six goals should have been enough. Thereafter, we should have made it a 'practice game' and STOP scoring.

When we took the foot of the pedal against Sierra Leone after going 4-0 up, what happened? They can back to equalise and till today, fans have not stopped abusing Rohr and the players for it.
We didn’t take the foot off the pedal. The things we got away with in the first half caught up with us in the second; poor defending against the counter and losing the ball in critical areas. It was simply a case of Rohr failing to make the necessary adjustments when Sierra Leone mounted their comeback❗️

Cheers.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:47 pm

We didn’t take the foot off the pedal. The things we got away with in the first half caught up with us in the second; poor defending against the counter and losing the ball in critical areas. It was simply a case of Rohr failing to make the necessary adjustments when Sierra Leone mounted their comeback❗️

Cheers.
Lol. I see how quickly we have forgotten. The poor defending and losing the ball was because players became casual and stopped pushing for more goals. You don’t give away 4 goals against a team you can beat easily just because of poor defending. Sierra Leone were the hungrier of the two team on that day after conceding 4 goals.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller,

Thx for responding to Lolly, bro. I couldn't have said it any better, mostly because I didn't watch the game
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Lolly wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:17 pm

Cheers.
Lol. I see how quickly we have forgotten. The poor defending and losing the ball was because players became casual and stopped pushing for more goals. You don’t give away 4 goals against a team you can beat easily just because of poor defending. Sierra Leone were the hungrier of the two team on that day after conceding 4 goals.
Lolly,

So you believe Sierra Leone became hungry, or more so after being four (4) goals down, rather than we being out-coached and/or out-played as 'TonyTheTigerKiller' suggested?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:01 pm

Cheers.
Lolly,

So you believe Sierra Leone became hungry, or more so after being four (4) goals down, rather than we being out-coached and/or out-played as 'TonyTheTigerKiller' suggested?
LOL. :rotf: You gotta look at who the coach is FIRST before making an analysis. Not so?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Cheers.
Lolly,

You guys are something else. Maybe you should go and look for the video and watch the match. Complacency is another word for “taking the foot off the pedal” if that would help you comprehend my post.

Watch how both Iwobi and Zaidu cheaply gave away the fourth goal. How was that about being out-coached?

Meanwhile, was there any other occasion when Rohr’s team were out-coached and gave away 4 goals in match?

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:30 pm

I tend to agree with you. “Running up the score” after you’ve comfortably beaten an opponent is considered unprofessional. By the 66th minute, we were already up 8-0. The game was pretty much over by then. The final 2 goals came in the 84th and 92nd minutes. Was that really necessary❓❗️

Cheers.
Wait, what? So you wanted Dennis to deliberately miss the penalty? 🤔😕
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Odas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:55 pm

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller,

Thx for responding to Lolly, bro. I couldn't have said it any better, mostly because I didn't watch the game
I don't think having your team ease off would've been good for them. A new coach, trying to instil a new system, and still learning about his players in real match situation needs to have them continue to execute. You cant take it foot off the gas. You need to see your players in live action, giving their all regardless of the scoreline, considering as an international coach, you don't get to spend a lot of time with them as would a club coach. Now if you're arguing that he should've taken off certain players for fear of cards or injury, or to try out other bench players then that's a different argument. But to say the players should just farf around on the field for the remaining 30 minutes cos they were up big would be completely irresponsible of them.

His responsibility is to his own team, not to be sensitive about the feelings of his opponents.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

I tend to agree with you. “Running up the score” after you’ve comfortably beaten an opponent is considered unprofessional. By the 66th minute, we were already up 8-0. The game was pretty much over by then. The final 2 goals came in the 84th and 92nd minutes. Was that really necessary❓❗️

Cheers.
Nigeria as a society is literally in the gutters because of people who think like this. Unbelievable. Go tell Germany that they should take their foot of the pedal against a San Marino or Andorra.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

theYemster wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:11 pm

Cheers.
Dennis had nothing to prove to São Tomé so he shouldn’t have been in the box. After Osimhen’s fourth goal, they should have used the remaining 6 minutes to practice their possession football which they’re not very good at❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:16 pm

Cheers.
Dennis had nothing to prove to São Tomé so he shouldn’t have been in the box. After Osimhen’s fourth goal, they should have used the remaining 6 minutes to practice their possession football which they’re not very good at❗️

Cheers.

Na wa.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Lolly wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:48 am

Cheers.
Lolly,

You guys are something else. Maybe you should go and look for the video and watch the match. Complacency is another word for “taking the foot off the pedal” if that would help you comprehend my post.

Watch how both Iwobi and Zaidu cheaply gave away the fourth goal. How was that about being out-coached?

Meanwhile, was there any other occasion when Rohr’s team were out-coached and gave away 4 goals in match?

Its also a reflection on the coach; not being able to sustain he intensity...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:23 pm
nanijoe wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:23 pm Its not unusual to make your best player captain...
Enyi wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:07 pm The only thing exciting about Peseiro is that he is dynamic and charismatic. You either put up or sit ur behind on the bench...

Making Moses Simon the captain though....Thats worrying....
Moses Simon is not our best player. He is good though.
Good is an exaggeration mate....Guy is average. The band should have gone to Osimhen with Iwobi vice....it will mean way more to them and the way they chase down balls is infectious (new iwobi of course)

When Simon is good, he is ok when he is bad, he needs a flogging
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cheers.
Lolly,

Lolly,

I don't think anyone is debating the meaning, or definition if 'complacency', rather some of us, myself included, is saying Sierra Leone equalized because they came into the game in the second half after making adjustments (hence out-coached) and MOUNTED pressure on us. Because of the pressure, we crumbled like cookies, NOT because we were complacent.

The Iwobi and Zaidu example you gave buttresses my belief. If not for the Leone stars' pressure, such would not have happened. When teams score themselves (own goals), it's because of pressure from the opponent, NOT necessarily because of complacency. Likewise, when players give balls away, it's due to pressure from the opposing team, in this case the Leone stars.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Goalgetter wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:22 pm

Cheers.
Nigeria as a society is literally in the gutters because of people who think like this. Unbelievable. Go tell Germany that they should take their foot of the pedal against a San Marino or Andorra
Goalgetter,

No Sir! I think you are completely wrong for using Nigeria as a nation in your example or argument. Ordinarily, I would have ignored this post and moved-on, but I thought I should correct your mistake especially now that ELECTION is coming-up in Nigeria.

Sir, Nigeria is in the GUTTERS as you said because we BARELY vote and those who vote, voted for whoever gave them a Bag of rice, Can of tomatoes, Bag of salt and et al. Therefore, my point is: Nigeria is in the gutters because of the kind of people we voted into offices who, either have no clue on how to run the country, or are only there to DUPE us.

In your example, you used Germany as a measuring stick. Please tell me if in Germany, a person like Buhari would have seen the light of day in becoming the President. Would he?

I will NOT be replying to this topic anymore, so good luck to you, Sir!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:34 pm

Cheers.

Cheers.

Na wa.
I’m not wrong and you know it…❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:47 pm
Damunk wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:34 pm

Cheers.

Cheers.

Na wa.
I’m not wrong and you know it…❗️

Cheers.
Okay.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:27 pm

truly the dumbest person on CE. #Odaft! :oops:
I thought he will stop saying this by now but nah...
@Odas, this your line get as e be...
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Cheers.
Lolly,

Brother Lolly the thing tire me.

In an effort to cast Rohr as a bad coach folks will not even see the biggest accusation… that he allowed his team to lose focus. A good coach wouldn’t let that happen. The job is as much about mindset and attitude.

Of course we took our foot off the gas. And when things got hairy, we didn’t have the mindset to close that down.

But folks would rather stick with the “didn’t make adjustments” argument because it’s core to their “case”. The team and set-up we had was capable of seeing that game out comfortably if we’d had the right mindset.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

Cheers.
Nigeria as a society is literally in the gutters because of people who think like this. Unbelievable. Go tell Germany that they should take their foot of the pedal against a San Marino or Andorra.

Thank you my brother!! Some of you guyz are just funny and very sensitive. I repeat, there is NOTHING unprofessional about SE attitude on that day.

Again, go ask Germany again because Germany is a very good example of a country that does time their opponents.
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Cheers.
I appreciate your point but it is wrong to say that countries that take their foot off the pedal do not enjoy success. The Italians traditionally do not run up very hogg margins but, their recent stumbles notwithstanding, they are one of the most successful countries in world football.

But I am more aligned with you. I prefer a ruthless Nigeria.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Too early. We lost to Mexico and Ecuador and won minors S/Leone and Sao tome.. Wai till we face Cameroon or Ivroy coast or even Morocco.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.