SE Transfer rumors

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE Transfer rumors

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62183277

Brighton and Ajax battle it out for Bassey. Which team do u prefer for Bassey?
Ajax is Ajax, would be a great next step for him but Brighton is a solid solid team in the Epl , unfortunately he’ll get no CL,or Europa games. It’s a tough one.
OCCUPY NFF!!
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:39 pm https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62183277

Ajax is Ajax, would be a great next step for him but Brighton is a solid solid team in the Epl , unfortunately he’ll get no CL,or Europa games. It’s a tough one.
For me it should be Ajax
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

lacidi wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:00 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:39 pm https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62183277

For me it should be Ajax
Hee peee ell abeg
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

For me it should be Ajax
yeap I agree Ajax as well Sebastian Ellar has moved from Ajaxs to Dortmund
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You all are stuck in the 90s.

For me it should be Ajax
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Ajax no brainer. Even though Ajax is a selling club, we forget that plenty legends of the game have played for Ajax (Ibra, overmars, bergkemp, Kanu, Finidi, Suarez, Seedorf, Davids, Kluivert) and the list goes on and on. Who is the best player to come out of Brighton?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

packerland wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:22 pm

Ajax no brainer. Even though Ajax is a selling club, we forget that plenty legends of the game have played for Ajax (Ibra, overmars, bergkemp, Kanu, Finidi, Suarez, Seedorf, Davids, Kluivert) and the list goes on and on. Who is the best player to come out of Brighton?
Brighton does not have storied past like Ajax but they’re a heck of a team In the Epl. They play a good brand of football, very organized and solid defensively. It’ll be a good team for Bassey but so would Ajax.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Could Ajax compete with Brighton wages? I’d think not…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

You are way to EPL-passionate for my liking. Brighton is a midtable team in the EPL, far from playing CL football. Ajax is by far the better choice. A club doing great on the european scene with a quite modest budget.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The three offers that have come for Umar Sadiq

The Nigerian striker has many suitors, but UD Almería remains strong and does not give in, without lowering its economic demands

The three offers that have come for Umar Sadiq
The three offers that have come in for Umar Sadiq, a striker for UD Almería. - UES
Umar Sadiq is being one of the names of this beginning of signings. The Nigerian striker is in the showcase and there are many teams that are pushing hard to get his services. Villarreal CF is the one that has intensified its movements in recent hours, pressing to achieve it, while others such as Real Sociedad and Valencia CF, together with a Sevilla FC team that has not forgotten him, remain on the lookout. Despite this, the two formal offers that have come in for Umar Sadiq are from Atalanta in Serie A in Italy and Getafe CF in LaLiga.

Atalanta and Getafe CF are the two teams that have presented two formal offers at the UD Almería offices for Umar Sadiq. This is reported by Rafa Góngora of La Voz de Almería and Cadena SER.

The Italian team offered 18 million euros plus variables for the Nigerian, a proposal that was rejected. Even so, the Italian team is expected to return to the fray. For its part, Getafe CF has already made two moves in its day for Umar Sadiq. The first of 16 million euros for 50% of the player and the second of 20 'kilos' for 70%. None of them has convinced a UD Almería that continues to be demanding.

Now, the one that has emerged strongly, as Fabrizio Romano, a journalist specialized in the transfer market, advanced yesterday, is Villarreal CF who, with the departure of Boulaye Dia to the Salernitana, if it ends, and the dismissal of Paco Alcácer, who is liked by Cádiz CF, needs top-level forwards to have a team that is as competitive as possible for a season in which he will have to face three high-level competitions and in which the priority will be to compete better than who has done it in LaLiga lately where he has been relegated to seventh place that condemns him to play a UEFA Conference League that is far from the glamor of the UEFA Champions League or the UEFA Europa League.

While all this is happening, UD Almería remains strong and is referring to the 30 million euros that it has already been demanding in recent months. In fact, these high economic demands were the reason why the talks between Villarreal CF and UD Almería for Umar Sadiq were paralyzed.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

DAgrin wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:07 am You are way to EPL-passionate for my liking. Brighton is a midtable team in the EPL, far from playing CL football. Ajax is by far the better choice. A club doing great on the european scene with a quite modest budget.
And you put way too much emphasis on a few European cup games. Wages will be a huge part of it, plus you get way more visibility in the EPL. To me going the Sadiq Mane route makes more sense than hedging your bet on some few games in Europe to make your mark. To me it’s a backwards step in terms of wages and visibility. You that’s calling for Ajax, how many Ajax games did you watch last season outside the European matches? I’d say EPL, match up against the best of the best week in week out, much better wages, much more visibility to make it to the top 4 or 6 teams in the league after a good league showing, then the same European footie will still come…the Dutch league will not improve him IMO, playing in high intensity EPL will…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

DAgrin wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:07 am You are way to EPL-passionate for my liking. Brighton is a midtable team in the EPL, far from playing CL football. Ajax is by far the better choice. A club doing great on the european scene with a quite modest budget.
It’s really about what is better for him, not us the fans.
And for him, it is professional career vs personal progress.

When you look at it that way, it’s not an easy choice like you make it seem.
We are talking about mid table EPL here, not mid table Belgium, Holland or Turkey.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:16 am
And you put way too much emphasis on a few European cup games. Wages will be a huge part of it, plus you get way more visibility in the EPL. To me going the Sadiq Mane route makes more sense than hedging your bet on some few games in Europe to make your mark. To me it’s a backwards step in terms of wages and visibility. You that’s calling for Ajax, how many Ajax games did you watch last season outside the European matches? I’d say EPL, match up against the best of the best week in week out, much better wages, much more visibility to make it to the top 4 or 6 teams in the league after a good league showing, then the same European footie will still come…the Dutch league will not improve him IMO, playing in high intensity EPL will…
You took the words right outta ma mouth and thoughts outta my head.
Well said. :clap:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Salernitana are looking at Lorient's Nigerian international striker, Terem Moffi, as a replacement for Boulaye Dia, who's undecided over a move to the Italian team from Villarreal despite both clubs coming to an agreement.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:32 am Salernitana are looking at Lorient's Nigerian international striker, Terem Moffi, as a replacement for Boulaye Dia, who's undecided over a move to the Italian team from Villarreal despite both clubs coming to an agreement.
Isn’t that Simmy Nwankwo’s team?
Abi na Simmy dem wan replace sef?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Anyone know much about this young CD, Michael Ologo Inainfe, 19, said to be on Porto’s radar as a replacement for their “40 yr old” CD, Pepe?

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/07/ ... -for-pepe/

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Dammy wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:32 am Salernitana are looking at Lorient's Nigerian international striker, Terem Moffi, as a replacement for Boulaye Dia, who's undecided over a move to the Italian team from Villarreal despite both clubs coming to an agreement.
Simy's future at Salernitana is undecided. He was loaned to Parma in Serie B last season. He's back with Salernitana for preseason and the coach will be taking a decision on him.
I am happy
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:21 pm Anyone know much about this young CD, Michael Ologo Inainfe, 19, said to be on Porto’s radar as a replacement for their “40 yr old” CD, Pepe?

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/07/ ... -for-pepe/

viewtopic.php?p=5738185#p5738185
Sunset wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:10 pm Michael Ologo - 18
There's not much I know about him except for how well he has been doing in the Turkish 2nd division in his first season of professional football. I've only seen him once but from what I saw he is very good at reading a game both in possession and off it. And for a player that was only playing Academy football until this season that is quite the feat in itself.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Why are teams not interested in Iheanacho? He's very productive when he gets consistent play but nobody seems to be interested in buying or loaning him. Leicester are even trying to sign Dzeko on loan, it they do Nacho will have Vardy, Dzeko, and the Zambian in ahead of him. It's time Nacho gets aggressive about his career, e din get his Pali
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:33 pm Why are teams not interested in Iheanacho? He's very productive when he gets consistent play but nobody seems to be interested in buying or loaning him. Leicester are even trying to sign Dzeko on loan, it they do Nacho will have Vardy, Dzeko, and the Zambian in ahead of him. It's time Nacho gets aggressive about his career, e din get his Pali
For a player so supremely talented, Nacho should be in the middle of a bidding war between any of the midtable and decent EPL teams...but he just gives off this vibe of someone who really isnt motivated to play football...otherwise he should be nagging Leicester for a move already instead of being content as a 3rd choice striker.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:02 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:33 pm Why are teams not interested in Iheanacho? He's very productive when he gets consistent play but nobody seems to be interested in buying or loaning him. Leicester are even trying to sign Dzeko on loan, it they do Nacho will have Vardy, Dzeko, and the Zambian in ahead of him. It's time Nacho gets aggressive about his career, e din get his Pali
For a player so supremely talented, Nacho should be in the middle of a bidding war between any of the midtable and decent EPL teams...but he just gives off this vibe of someone who really isnt motivated to play football...otherwise he should be nagging Leicester for a move already instead of being content as a 3rd choice striker.
This is often repeated but how true is it?
Moreover, if he is as “supremely talented” as we keep saying, it’s not his so-called “lack of motivation” that is going to stop other clubs coming for him. :idea:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:47 pm
Moreover, if he is as “supremely talented” as we keep saying, it’s not his so-called “lack of motivation” that is going to stop other clubs coming for him. :idea:
I don't think he lacks motivation, it's hard to believe that when you consider his humble beginnings in Nigeria. Besides, Supreme talent is not enough to be an Epl player for as long as he has been playing in the best league.

It just feels like he has never eeally settled Leicester, for while it seemed like he was their next Mo 9 after Vardy but now Daka, Vardy and possibly Dzeko are ahead. Even his preferred position of support striker doesn't have better prospects for him because the team doesn't play with a SS. What now for Nacho?

His agents needs to ve calling teams like Fulham, Forest or look to Spain or Italy. Gotta do something.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:00 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:47 pm
I don't think he lacks motivation, it's hard to believe that when you consider his humble beginnings in Nigeria. Besides, Supreme talent is not enough to be an Epl player for as long as he has been playing in the best league.

It just feels like he has never eeally settled Leicester, for while it seemed like he was their next Mo 9 after Vardy but now Daka, Vardy and possibly Dzeko are ahead. Even his preferred position of support striker doesn't have better prospects for him because the team doesn't play with a SS. What now for Nacho?

His agents needs to ve calling teams like Fulham, Forest or look to Spain or Italy. Gotta do something.
Kongi, I think there is a possibility that Kelechi has ‘found his level’ at Leicester.
True, Vardy is a top striker but he is getting old and our boy has had more than enough time to edge him sideways.
Now they’re looking to others, including Dzeko who is over ten years older at 36 and who many at the time believed Iheanacho had accElerated his departure from Man City in 2015.

I love Nacho but on balance, I think he is operating on a plateau and at 25 needs to step up NOW or we accept this is the best he will ever be.