SE Transfer rumors

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE Transfer rumors

Post by Dammy »

txj wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:55 pm Crystal Palace have beaten Tottenham to the signing of highly-rated Derby winger Malcolm Ebiowei.

The Selhurst Park club are now turning their attentions to clinching a deal for Lens midfielder Cheick Doucoure.

Ebiowei, 18, is widely regarded as one of English football's leading young talents and has been the subject of major interest from England and abroad this summer.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... iowei.html
He joins the refuseniks at Crystal Palace, Eze and Olise. I hope they don't influence him negatively
I am happy
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Dammy wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:19 pm
txj wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:55 pm Crystal Palace have beaten Tottenham to the signing of highly-rated Derby winger Malcolm Ebiowei.

The Selhurst Park club are now turning their attentions to clinching a deal for Lens midfielder Cheick Doucoure.

Ebiowei, 18, is widely regarded as one of English football's leading young talents and has been the subject of major interest from England and abroad this summer.

He joins the refuseniks at Crystal Palace, Eze and Olise. I hope they don't influence him negatively
Or rather, it makes it easier to recruit all 3.

They just need to market the country to them... Find Efan Ekoku or his types and employ them to help talk to these kids...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Negative to who, I even feel bad for those that pick African countries when you hear things like the basics not being met

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CfKd7ldDeB ... MyMTA2M2Y=
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:28 pm

Negative to who, I even feel bad for those that pick African countries when you hear things like the basics not being met

Interesting watch.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:47 pm

Interesting watch.the
I watched the video recently and what really struck me was that there's no difference in quality and the difference is the "little things" or basics like good facilities for training, pitches, transportation, hotels etc.
When I focus on lack of training equipment, some think it's a ruse to attack local coaches!
I am happy
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Isn’t it standard for players to share hotel rooms? Even while playing for England, Brazil or Argentina…

Many players make a friend in the team and become roommates with that player. Some of those relationships develop into lifelong bonds and are integral for team harmony.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Tell them. I came to the U.S when I was 16. To be honest, if I was a young upcoming player, I probably won’t play for Nigeria between the age of 16-26. Above that age, I probably play for naija. When you are young you feel the world is at your mercy & these players lose money from sponsorship. Freddy Adu was a flop but he made 1 million in sponsorship just for representing the U.S. He ain’t getting that had he players for Ghana.

The only reason these foreign born players play for naija is because 1) parents/family influence and 2) They are not good enough for the country of their birth. We are so disorganized and we don’t even get the basics right. I still love naija to death though.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

packerland wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:04 am

Tell them. I came to the U.S when I was 16. To be honest, if I was a young upcoming player, I probably won’t play for Nigeria between the age of 16-26. Above that age, I probably play for naija. When you are young you feel the world is at your mercy & these players lose money from sponsorship. Freddy Adu was a flop but he made 1 million in sponsorship just for representing the U.S. He ain’t getting that had he players for Ghana.

The only reason these foreign born players play for naija is because 1) parents/family influence and 2) They are not good enough for the country of their birth. We are so disorganized and we don’t even get the basics right. I still love naija to death though.
Kpom! African football is Lateran by unprofessional underfunded yes men who have no regards for structure or preparation.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

niyi wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:36 pm Isn’t it standard for players to share hotel rooms? Even while playing for England, Brazil or Argentina…

Many players make a friend in the team and become roommates with that player. Some of those relationships develop into lifelong bonds and are integral for team harmony.
You share rooms in club football but not for the senior team in England. I believe the female national team share rooms though
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Enyi wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:04 pm
niyi wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:36 pm Isn’t it standard for players to share hotel rooms? Even while playing for England, Brazil or Argentina…

You share rooms in club football but not for the senior team in England. I believe the female national team share rooms though
The South American teams do too

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... ld-3673927

Neymar, Messi, Aguero have roommates and still perform for their national teams.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

niyi wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:51 pm
Enyi wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:04 pm

The South American teams do too

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... ld-3673927

Neymar, Messi, Aguero have roommates and still perform for their national teams.
World cups are different.....everyone shares, not enough rooms to house everyone and prices are normally astronomical. England takes approx 200 staff members to the world cup and not including journalists and officials. like in Qatar that will be nearly £1m for just accommodation....the food need to be flown in, family flights subsidised....

you better be sharing.....

Anyways that the issue with ur football.....training facilities and pitches are.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:01 am
Why bust his butt for 2yrs trying to get to la liga then move to Portugal after earning promotion to La liga?

Mscheeew. Benfica should go after Moffi and leave Sadiq alone jare.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

God forbid.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:22 am
God forbid.
Abi, Onuachu, Moffi and Dessers are available for €15m and change. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Benfica is a much higher profile club than Almeria will ever be. Perennial CL team. Would be a great move for Sadiq.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bushboy wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:06 am Benfica is a much higher profile club than Almeria will ever be. Perennial CL team. Would be a great move for Sadiq.
Let him stay in a top 5 league abeg, better exposure and will be better for SE...Onuachu is there for them abeg...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:46 am
bushboy wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:06 am Benfica is a much higher profile club than Almeria will ever be. Perennial CL team. Would be a great move for Sadiq.
Let him stay in a top 5 league abeg, better exposure and will be better for SE...Onuachu is there for them abeg...
He will have better exposure at Benfica. Look at Nunez.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Na let Sadiq play in LaLiga.

If these weaker league clubs like Ajax and Benfica wanted him, they should have saved him from the 2nd division LAST season.

He must playing Laliga.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ofcourse una don talk like fans wey una be. As for Sadiq, all dat na talk. What will matter to him is personal terms and not weda dis one na top dat or dat. This is a job and a very short term one at that. Maximize your earnings is the end game. Who cares about dis league or dat league? Even if it is about league, why stay in a league where you languish at the bottom instead of going to one where you will be competing for Europe? More complicared, bros.

What are the personal terms in any move? Ultimately, that is the end game. Even the transfer fee should mean diddly to him except for its effect on his take home pay.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:15 pm Ofcourse una don talk like fans wey una be. As for Sadiq, all dat na talk. What will matter to him is personal terms and not weda dis one na top dat or dat. This is a job and a very short term one at that. Maximize your earnings is the end game. Who cares about dis league or dat league? Even if it is about league, why stay in a league where you languish at the bottom instead of going to one where you will be competing for Europe? More complicared, bros.

Of course we are just fans and it’s always a balancing act between blindly chasing the money now (don’t think anyone would advocate going to a retirement league now) and hopefully making the right longer term career moves which will lead to longer money. You can always go to China and other retirement leagues in your later years to stack as much dough as you can.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:15 pm Ofcourse una don talk like fans wey una be. As for Sadiq, all dat na talk. What will matter to him is personal terms and not weda dis one na top dat or dat. This is a job and a very short term one at that. Maximize your earnings is the end game. Who cares about dis league or dat league? Even if it is about league, why stay in a league where you languish at the bottom instead of going to one where you will be competing for Europe? More complicared, bros.

What are the personal terms in any move? Ultimately, that is the end game. Even the transfer fee should mean diddly to him except for its effect on his take home pay.

You dey mind mace
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:26 pm

You dey mind mace
No mind me, I just wan see am for La Liga…
Super Eagus 4 Life!