Whats The Reason of Destroying Samson Siasia?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Agbako
Egg
Egg
Whats The Reason of Destroying Samson Siasia?

Post by Agbako »

I just came across an interview on TV "The Morning Show" where Segun Odegbami was interviewwed,
He said Siasia was banned by FIFA on an alleged "he Samson was attempting to fix a match" he was attempting?
Bros Sege was really perturbed by such claim that's totally unfounded just to destroy another human.

What sort of ridiculous crap is this? Do anyone know the real story of FIFA taking such step to destroy a youngmans career?

What did Siasia do to Pinnick for this action to be taken against his own country man?

We have been quiet for too long watching our own been destroyed by these peeps. I dont know Samson as a personal friend. I know him as a very brilliant footballer and coach for my country Nigeria.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Whats The Reason of Destroying Samson Siasia?

Post by Damunk »

Agbako wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:07 pm I just came across an interview on TV "The Morning Show" where Segun Odegbami was interviewwed,
He said Siasia was banned by FIFA on an alleged "he Samson was attempting to fix a match" he was attempting?
Bros Sege was really perturbed by such claim that's totally unfounded just to destroy another human.

What sort of ridiculous crap is this? Do anyone know the real story of FIFA taking such step to destroy a youngmans career?

What did Siasia do to Pinnick for this action to be taken against his own country man?

We have been quiet for too long watching our own been destroyed by these peeps. I dont know Samson as a personal friend. I know him as a very brilliant footballer and coach for my country Nigeria.
Its unlike you not to do small research. Its a long story but let me help you.
Going backwards:

1. SIASIA DRAGS FIFA TO U.S. COURT
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=305345

2. SIASIA BAN REDUCED TO 5 YEARS
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=304805

3. SIASIA APPEALS FOR FUNDS
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=298687

4. SIASIA APPEALS FIFA LIFE BAN
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=296930&p=5495664

5. SIASIA BANNED FOR LIFE BY FIFA
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=296630
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

15 June 2022 GMT: 17:38
Former Nigerian coach’ Siasia loses NY court attempt to overturn match-fixing ban
2nd November 2021

November 2 – FIFA has won the dismissal of a lawsuit by former Nigeria coach Samson Siasia in a New York court, after Siasia challenged his match-fixing ban.

Siasia (pictured), who was a striker for Nigeria’s national team before turning to coaching, now lives in Atlanta. His challenge to FIFA’s lifetime ban – which was later reduced to five years after an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport – claimed it was a violation of his rights under the U.S. Constitution, federal civil rights law and state law.

He said the case against him was based on “grossly insufficient evidence” consisting exclusively of emails that were “never explained”, and which he was never allowed to cross-examine.

U.S. District Judge Alvin Hellerstein ruled Siasia had “no conceivable basis” to exercise jurisdiction in Manhattan federal court because the dispute took place outside the United States and was decided under Swiss law.

In June, the Court of Arbitration for Sport shortened Siasia’s ban and lifted his 50,000 Swiss franc ($54,585) fine, calling the lifetime ban too severe for a first offense.

Siasia’s life ban for bribery related to match-fixing had been reduced to five years in June by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) which argued he did not profit from his misdemeanor.

CAS ruled that the ban, imposed by FIFA in April 2019 after Siasia was found guilty of agreeing to join a match-fixing ring masterminded by notorious Singaporean Wilson Perumal nine years earlier, was “disproportionate”.

Siasia was caught after a wider investigation involving Perumal, who confessed to international match-fixing. He was initially banned for agreeing to “receive bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches.”

Detailing the case, CAS said: “In 2010, a match fixer tried to involve Mr Siasia as a coach of a club under his strict instructions. With the promise of employment benefits, Mr Siasia would have had to always field several players under the control of the match fixer. The negotiations between the match fixer and Mr Siasia in relation to the conditions of employment were conducted by email over a period of two months. Eventually, the club did not accept or could not afford Mr Siasia’s requests and the negotiations ended.”

Ruling on his appeal, CAS upheld the guilty verdict but reduced the length of the ban and also overturned a FIFA fine of CHF 50,000.

Siasia, who led Nigeria to silver and bronze medals at the 2008 and 2016 Olympics ascoach, previously had a notable playing career including scoring Nigeria’s goal in a 2-1 defeat by Argentina at the 1994 World Cup – the fixture after which Diego Maradona infamously failed a doping test.

The former striker played 51 times for Nigeria, and won a French Championship medal with Nantes in 1995.

In its ruling, CAS judges said the imposition of a life ban was “disproportionate for a first offense which was committed passively and which had not had an adverse or immediate effect on football stakeholders.”

Siasia’s ban expires in August 2024.

Contact the writer of this story at [email protected]

https://www.insideworldfootball.com/202 ... ixing-ban/
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Kabalega wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:41 pm 15 June 2022 GMT: 17:38
Former Nigerian coach’ Siasia loses NY court attempt to overturn match-fixing ban
2nd November 2021

November 2 – FIFA has won the dismissal of a lawsuit by former Nigeria coach Samson Siasia in a New York court, after Siasia challenged his match-fixing ban.

Siasia (pictured), who was a striker for Nigeria’s national team before turning to coaching, now lives in Atlanta. His challenge to FIFA’s lifetime ban – which was later reduced to five years after an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport – claimed it was a violation of his rights under the U.S. Constitution, federal civil rights law and state law.

He said the case against him was based on “grossly insufficient evidence” consisting exclusively of emails that were “never explained”, and which he was never allowed to cross-examine.

U.S. District Judge Alvin Hellerstein ruled Siasia had “no conceivable basis” to exercise jurisdiction in Manhattan federal court because the dispute took place outside the United States and was decided under Swiss law.

In June, the Court of Arbitration for Sport shortened Siasia’s ban and lifted his 50,000 Swiss franc ($54,585) fine, calling the lifetime ban too severe for a first offense.

Siasia’s life ban for bribery related to match-fixing had been reduced to five years in June by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) which argued he did not profit from his misdemeanor.

CAS ruled that the ban, imposed by FIFA in April 2019 after Siasia was found guilty of agreeing to join a match-fixing ring masterminded by notorious Singaporean Wilson Perumal nine years earlier, was “disproportionate”.

Siasia was caught after a wider investigation involving Perumal, who confessed to international match-fixing. He was initially banned for agreeing to “receive bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches.”

Detailing the case, CAS said: “In 2010, a match fixer tried to involve Mr Siasia as a coach of a club under his strict instructions. With the promise of employment benefits, Mr Siasia would have had to always field several players under the control of the match fixer. The negotiations between the match fixer and Mr Siasia in relation to the conditions of employment were conducted by email over a period of two months. Eventually, the club did not accept or could not afford Mr Siasia’s requests and the negotiations ended.”

Ruling on his appeal, CAS upheld the guilty verdict but reduced the length of the ban and also overturned a FIFA fine of CHF 50,000.

Siasia, who led Nigeria to silver and bronze medals at the 2008 and 2016 Olympics ascoach, previously had a notable playing career including scoring Nigeria’s goal in a 2-1 defeat by Argentina at the 1994 World Cup – the fixture after which Diego Maradona infamously failed a doping test.

The former striker played 51 times for Nigeria, and won a French Championship medal with Nantes in 1995.

In its ruling, CAS judges said the imposition of a life ban was “disproportionate for a first offense which was committed passively and which had not had an adverse or immediate effect on football stakeholders.”

Kabalega,

Thank you for posting this and bringing more light to the basis for CAS reducing the initial FIFA decision. This is brings to the fore important background not only on the case but the reason why the initial FIFA decision was reduced.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Siasia no try sha based on this story/evidence.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

But what is it with us always running to America for everything? Why didn't Siasia seek justice in the country which has 'jurisdiction' over the case/FIFA?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:54 pm
Kabalega wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:41 pm 15 June 2022 GMT: 17:38
2nd November 2021

Kabalega,

Thank you for posting this and bringing more light to the basis for CAS reducing the initial FIFA decision. This is brings to the fore important background not only on the case but the reason why the initial FIFA decision was reduced.
Yup this piece summed it up well for those who have a hard time accepting that the man did something wrong.

The lifetime ban is more like a haggle in the market place. You start high while the customer tries to knock the price down. If FIFA had given a 5 year ban, the man would most likely receive a few months or about a year.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

My peeps. I really appreciate the education > Thank you so much. I have been offline for a while.
When I saw the Odegbami interview I was moved with emotions.

But now reading the evidences. Siasia is a complete angel*. Chasing money has a limit. Its clear bobo has no integrity.

kai . he is lucky its reduced to 5 yrs ban. ewu..
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Agbako wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:36 pm My peeps. I really appreciate the education > Thank you so much. I have been offline for a while.

But now reading the evidences. Siasia is a complete angel*. Chasing money has a limit. Its clear bobo has no integrity.

Be careful though with the insults.....He didn't receive a bribe and he didn't fix any match..... he was a scapegoat and pinnick did nothing to help him.....

He was sillly for what he did but all that have a conversation on fixing matches....

One thing i have noticed about Nigerians is that they want to hang with the bad boys but when it comes to doing the deeds, they back out. Maybe with him it was all talk and nothing else.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enyi wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:01 pm
Agbako wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:36 pm My peeps. I really appreciate the education > Thank you so much. I have been offline for a while.

Be careful though with the insults.....He didn't receive a bribe and he didn't fix any match..... he was a scapegoat and pinnick did nothing to help him.....

He was sillly for what he did but all that have a conversation on fixing matches....

One thing i have noticed about Nigerians is that they want to hang with the bad boys but when it comes to doing the deeds, they back out. Maybe with him it was all talk and nothing else.
Bros, Siasia is not a saint. I don’t know about the match-fixing side of things but I know he has been involved in other shady deals with our youth teams.

I saw him at the Nigeria v Cape Verde game in Lagos. The guy don humble unlike the younger and proud Siasia.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:44 am

Bros, Siasia is not a saint. I don’t know about the match-fixing side of things but I know he has been involved in other shady deals with our youth teams.

I saw him at the Nigeria v Cape Verde game in Lagos. The guy don humble unlike the younger and proud Siasia.
Lolly

What do you mean 'humble'? What exactly did he do that leads you to that conclusion?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:57 am

Lolly

What do you mean 'humble'? What exactly did he do that leads you to that conclusion?
I have known Siasia from his Gasikiya College days. He always had an arrogance about him and it got worse when he was playing for the SE. And same thing when he started wining youth tournaments. I can see the difference in his attitude now.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:00 pm

Lolly

I have known Siasia from his Gasikiya College days. He always had an arrogance about him and it got worse when he was playing for the SE. And same thing when he started wining youth tournaments. I can see the difference in his attitude now.
Lolly

That is precisely why I ask the question. I and others do not know Siasia that well and arrogance is used in a wide range of descriptions and is often indefinite. Can you please give an example to illuminate what you mean for easier understanding.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:26 pm

Lolly

Lolly

That is precisely why I ask the question. I and others do not know Siasia that well and arrogance is used in a wide range of descriptions and is often indefinite. Can you please give an example to illuminate what you mean for easier understanding.
You are asking too many questions. This place is not as faceless as you think. I exercise my right to remain silent. I am sure you have friends who’ve served at NFF or around our football teams. Ask them.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I respect you taking the liberty to remain silent. I move....

Lolly wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:49 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:26 pm

Lolly

Lolly

You are asking too many questions. This place is not as faceless as you think. I exercise my right to remain silent. I am sure you have friends who’ve served at NFF or around our football teams. Ask them.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He burnt his bridges with Pinnick by supporting Giwa's "coup" against the NFF.
I think Pinnick should forgive him and try to help him out. He's been through a lot including his mother being kidnapped.
I am happy
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

none of us are......so ppl that live in glass houses.....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Dammy wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:20 am

He burnt his bridges with Pinnick by supporting Giwa's "coup" against the NFF.
I think Pinnick should forgive him and try to help him out. He's been through a lot including his mother being kidnapped.
Thats the thing with Nigerians...they hold grudges....ok at home fight it out, outside (FIFA) put out a united front

-Martin Luther King- Jr.