Michael Olise chooses Nigeria???

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Michael Olise chooses Nigeria???

Post by Eaglezbeak »

packerland wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:35 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:27 pm
packerland wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:21 pm Even if he choose us, he’s not playing any sexy football or winning jack in those cattle fields we have in our stadiums. Unless we plan to win all our away games.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Emir you dey laugh :lol: . Our people don’t get it. When you are wooing a player, you throw the kitchen sink at them. You use everything from players they’re going to be playing with to, Medical & infrastructure. No one wants to get seriously injured on international duty. They think it’s just saying “Please we would like you to play for your father’s land as written on the national anthem”
:clap: Nigerians think you can get something for nothing,I’ve witnessed Nigerians getting angry when you give them something for free because that believe you should’ve given them more.
Choosing Nigeria maybe be more stressful than not ever international football at this moment in time.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Well, there was light at the end of the tunnel for the lady Prince Charles kept chasing all these years.
She's now Queen of England...

You don't just walk away when you are told no for something important to you. You change your strategy and approach and hope you've impressed enough that the person takes a bite.
bushboy wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:00 pm
Damunk wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:45 am
Dammy wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:15 am Lesley Ugochukwu of Rennes should be our focus rather than Olise who is not essential to the SE as we have the likes of Chukwueze, Lookman, Boniface, Tella etc
Evan d#$%, the central defender who just left Eintracht Frankfurt for Roma has pledged his allegiance to Ivory Coast, that’s a coup for CIV while we keep begging Adarabioyo and Okoli.
How do you know they didn't beg Evan d#$% - successfully?
You don't relent in wooing a good woman because she says no.
You keep trying until you succeed - or she marries someone else. :idea:
I understand what you are trying to say, but you chose a terrible analogy. You definitely stop chasing a woman after she says no. At least in this new age. It's a thin line between "he's persistent" and "I'm being harassed by a stalker"
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

packerland wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:21 pm Even if he choose us, he’s not playing any sexy football or winning jack in those cattle fields we have in our stadiums. Unless we plan to win all our away games.
Emir you dey laugh :lol: . Our people don’t get it. When you are wooing a player, you throw the kitchen sink at them. You use everything from players they’re going to be playing with to, Medical & infrastructure. No one wants to get seriously injured on international duty. They think it’s just saying “Please we would like you to play for your father’s land as written on the national anthem”
Glad people know this and are expressing this. This is the crux of the matter.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Otitokoro wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:23 pm Well, there was light at the end of the tunnel for the lady Prince Charles kept chasing all these years.
She's now Queen of England...

You don't just walk away when you are told no for something important to you. You change your strategy and approach and hope you've impressed enough that the person takes a bite.
bushboy wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:00 pm
Damunk wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:45 am
Dammy wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:15 am Lesley Ugochukwu of Rennes should be our focus rather than Olise who is not essential to the SE as we have the likes of Chukwueze, Lookman, Boniface, Tella etc
Evan d#$%, the central defender who just left Eintracht Frankfurt for Roma has pledged his allegiance to Ivory Coast, that’s a coup for CIV while we keep begging Adarabioyo and Okoli.
How do you know they didn't beg Evan d#$% - successfully?
You don't relent in wooing a good woman because she says no.
You keep trying until you succeed - or she marries someone else. :idea:
I understand what you are trying to say, but you chose a terrible analogy. You definitely stop chasing a woman after she says no. At least in this new age. It's a thin line between "he's persistent" and "I'm being harassed by a stalker"
Absolutely correct :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Apparently Cameroon were after him to play in Qatar. His father's from Cameroon, while his mom is from CIV. Interesting he chose CIV. I believe it is the better decision tbh, they have more potential IMO.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I dont know what it is but the Francophone countries and the north African countries seem much better at recruiting top players.

While Nigeria and even Ghana have a hard time getting players who have little chance with their home nations.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:23 pm I dont know what it is but the Francophone countries and the north African countries seem much better at recruiting top players.

While Nigeria and even Ghana have a hard time getting players who have little chance with their home nations.
How many North African grown doctors and other professionals are permanently resident abroad and finding home hostile to life ? If you can answer that question then case closed and, if you are dismissive of the unintended consequences of selecting someone like Tinubu to preside over it then think again
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:23 pm I dont know what it is but the Francophone countries and the north African countries seem much better at recruiting top players.

I don’t know if that’s true, but if it is, maybe they are more professional about it. I remember how embarrassing it was when Picnic announced getting players before they actually committed ending up with his foot in his mouth.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

DIMKA76 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:48 pm
Glad people know this and are expressing this. This is the crux of the matter.

Arise, O Compatriots
Nigeria's call obey
To serve our fatherland
With love and strength and faith
The labour of our heroes past,
shall never be in vain
To serve with heart and might,
One nation bound in freedom, peace and unity.
OCCUPY NFF!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:27 pm

I don’t know if that’s true, but if it is, maybe they are more professional about it. I remember how embarrassing it was when Picnic announced getting players before they actually committed ending up with his foot in his mouth.
They are more professional than us. I got cursed out when I posted a twitter source on what Saka’s mother said about Picnic being brash and boastful during his recruiting. The same Picnic announced Peseiro hiring during AFCON even before the coach signed a contract. We ended up with Egu for our WCQ and the rest is history. I take one eye dey look Peseiro to finally accepting the job.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:10 pm
:clap: Nigerians think you can get something for nothing,I’ve witnessed Nigerians getting angry when you give them something for free because they believe you should’ve given them more.
Choosing Nigeria maybe be more stressful than not ever playing international football at this moment in time.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

You guys just relish talking with authority about things you don’t understand. Professional football is not run in isolation from international football. Both categories are managed by one organization, with standard rules of engagenent. It doesn’t matter wether a footballer plays for England or for Nigeria, if he or she gets injured in a FIFA sanctioned tournament, their professional club, not the country, bears the cost of treatment. This is an agreement that everyone competing under the auspices of FIFA signs unto. The idea that professional football players are squeamish about playing for a particular country because of the consequences of possible injury is a non starter. It doesn’t work like that. A given country may decide to supplement whatever health benefits the player has but the ultimate responsibility for the player’s well being lies with his or her employers🤔❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »