Host cities for World Cup 2026 (US, Mexico, Canada)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Host cities for World Cup 2026 (US, Mexico, Canada)

Post by The YeyeMan »

I'll be going to this World Cup. Since France 98 the only World Cup I haven't attended is South Africa 2010 (and soon, Qatar 2022).

But I plan to be in Mexico, Canada and US for 2026. Might even meet some of you US and Canada based CEs in my travels.

A bit surprised DC isn't one of the host cities...

And yes this has been posted to the Eagles' Nest because Nigeria will be there in 2026! :thumb:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Host cities for World Cup 2026 (US, Mexico, Canada)

Post by Bigpokey24 »

hopefully the SE gets to play in H-town.. God willing man go see this WC live .. 11 us Cities wow... man go dey 4 years older..chei....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:15 am hopefully the SE gets to play in H-town.. God willing man go see this WC live .. 11 us Cities wow... man go dey 4 years older..chei....
Between Houston and Miami, which one betta pass?
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

The YeyeMan wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:40 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:15 am hopefully the SE gets to play in H-town.. God willing man go see this WC live .. 11 us Cities wow... man go dey 4 years older..chei....
miami, not even close.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

To be honest miami has one of the best beaches in the country. So you will get that south American party feel a lot. We have a horrible public transportation system in houston . Hopefully things improve . For tourists , miami is miles ahead.

Houston was even the last city picked .
SuperEagles

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:47 pm I'll be going to this World Cup. Since France 98 the only World Cup I haven't attended is South Africa 2010 (and soon, Qatar 2022).

But I plan to be in Mexico, Canada and US for 2026. Might even meet some of you US and Canada based CEs in my travels.

And yes this has been posted to the Eagles' Nest because Nigeria will be there in 2026! :thumb:

Surprised as well with the DC/BMore snub,

But Philly is in and I'll be there hopefully..
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:51 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:47 pm I'll be going to this World Cup. Since France 98 the only World Cup I haven't attended is South Africa 2010 (and soon, Qatar 2022).

Same, the drive from DC area to Philly wasn’t so bad when we played US back in 2014 time-frame. Targeting those games and wherever SE is playing, God willing.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

King Futcha wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:54 am
miami, not even close.
Miami is a shitty place.

After South Beach, there's nothing to write home about... It is like a mixture of Havana and Port-au-Prince (Hiati). A dirty filthy place...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

When FedEx field pulled out, it was going to be a tough sell. Bmore tried to tie itself with DC but it didn't fly.

I heard that they considered it too far from DC... but yet chose Boston as host city when they will be playing at Foxborough which is further from Boston than Bmore is from DC. To add both insult and salt to injury they claim that Boston didn't even have a bid website or hosted the FIFA advance team.

Pinnick came to Bmore... and was hosted like a prince.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:28 pm

Same, the drive from DC area to Philly wasn’t so bad when we played US back in 2014 time-frame. Targeting those games and wherever SE is playing, God willing.

USWNT?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:27 pm
maceo4 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:28 pm

USWNT?
Actually my bad I meant the Greece game, pre 2014 World Cup friendly at Subaru Park In PA. I sat right behind our bench and was shooting the s with the players, I remember Nsofor was so sad he didn’t make the final squad and told him to keep his head up fans appreciate all he’s done for the team.

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Houston is a big place with different foods and blend of peoples. Miami is an overrated village, north of Cuba, with bland overpriced food and crappy people.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Cellular wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:51 pm
miami, not even close.
Miami is a shitty place.

After South Beach, there's nothing to write home about... It is like a mixture of Havana and Port-au-Prince (Hiati). A dirty filthy place...
with all due respect mr president, filthy dirty place, you may be thinking of bmore or dc :)
Saints baby we did it
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

miami, not even close.
Miami is a shitty place.

Na the filtheist dirtiest cities in US is New York and New Jersey. Rats, Trash and dog $@#% on the street . Worse of all I ran into Queen Futcha while I was there. Gross.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

bret- hart wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:49 pm
miami, not even close.
Miami is a shitty place.

Na the filtheist dirtiest cities in US is New York and New Jersey. Rats, Trash and dog $@#% on the street . Worse of all I ran into Queen Futcha while I was there. Gross.
too bad detriot wasn't selected, you could have got your groove back like stella, d... maybe you can take the bus over to communist toronto and try there.
Saints baby we did it
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

UK CEs see stadiums
SuperEagles

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

King Futcha wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:20 am
bret- hart wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:49 pm
miami, not even close.
Miami is a shitty place.

too bad detriot wasn't selected, you could have got your groove back like stella, d... maybe you can take the bus over to communist toronto and try there.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: how did my post result into this lovefest?

Make una carry this una romantic dalliance to Eve's Corner.

But both of you are right... NY/NJ/Detroit... you could find rats the size of raccoons. They don't even fear human beings.. some be looking at like, 'What?!'
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Also UK CEs make sure una bring una mosquito repellants ooo the thing down here nah fire ..
SuperEagles

Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

If you're coming to do "peppeh dem" picshures for the London people back home, or if you like the idea of going to the Caribbean and hearing exotic languages while remaining firmly in the Yoo-Ess with armed police everywhere to protect you and your soft life, you can't beat Miami.

Houston is " interesting" and has been more so since the hurricane and influx from Louisiana. If at least one African team is playing in Houston, it'll be wild, if there are multiple teams between Houston and Dallas even more so. Also depends also on your tastes in non-football entertainment, lots of "grown folk" entertainment in both cities that are highly rated (as I was told) with different approaches, plus the Space Center, Galleria Mall, and other daytime stuff. Nigerians/Africans in Houston are at London levels, if you need a getaway from "awa peepo" Houston is not the spot.

Food is good in both spots at all price levels, easy to find West African/West African adjacent food plus Tex-Mex, Babacue, Chinese, Vietnamese, etc.
Yoo-Ess is a blast, plus Mexico too? This will be lit provided no visa over-stinginess
Advocating rational thought since 1987
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

If you want to feel at home your answer is Houston. If you want to experience different culture then go Miami. If you’re coming alone or single, then definitely go Miami.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Kneedeep wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:32 pm
If you're coming to do "peppeh dem" picshures for the London people back home, or if you like the idea of going to the Caribbean and hearing exotic languages while remaining firmly in the Yoo-Ess with armed police everywhere to protect you and your soft life, you can't beat Miami.

Houston is " interesting" and has been more so since the hurricane and influx from Louisiana. If at least one African team is playing in Houston, it'll be wild, if there are multiple teams between Houston and Dallas even more so. Also depends also on your tastes in non-football entertainment, lots of "grown folk" entertainment in both cities that are highly rated (as I was told) with different approaches, plus the Space Center, Galleria Mall, and other daytime stuff. Nigerians/Africans in Houston are at London levels, if you need a getaway from "awa peepo" Houston is not the spot.

Food is good in both spots at all price levels, easy to find West African/West African adjacent food plus Tex-Mex, Babacue, Chinese, Vietnamese, etc.
Yoo-Ess is a blast, plus Mexico too? This will be lit provided no visa over-stinginess
:thumbs:

Thanks. I no come for "grown folk" entertainments. :D My destination may depend on which venue is hosting interesting games although I'm usually not fussed about which games I end up seeing - I'm more interested in experiencing a city I've never visited before.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

packerland wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:12 am If you want to feel at home your answer is Houston. If you want to experience different culture then go Miami. If you’re coming alone or single, then definitely go Miami.
How many MILFs did you hunt and capture in Miami? :D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024