Sunday Oliseh interview

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

imehjunior
Egg
Egg
Sunday Oliseh interview

Post by imehjunior »

"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sunday Oliseh interview

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Too bad that oliseh doesn't have a real job in football other than talking. Like him or hate him, he's the type we need in our football administration, not picnic and shehu and other nepotism influenced appointments.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Nice Interview. However don't get his dislike of Mikel's game. To me Oliseh get F9 there
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

he should forever hide his face in shame. He is the singular reason Italy equalized in 1994
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...football is bad or dead in Nigeria when talk shows are now geared towards foreign clubs.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

imehjunior wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:14 am
Wow. That was freaking amazing!
Inside stories. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks Imejunior for sharing this.
I think I understand Oliseh a lot better now.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

I would like to see him back as SE coach sometime. I was critical of some of his decisions but I know he can do much more for the SE.
fajex
Egg
Egg

Post by fajex »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:06 am
Wow. That was freaking amazing!
Inside stories. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks Imejunior for sharing this.
I think I understand Oliseh a lot better now.
Excellent interview, frank and authentic.
Helps to see the other side of what happens at the back end too.
Oliseh has good leadership skills, but as a coach must try not to get easily ‘tipped’ off.
Good guys really, nice one. 👏👏
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Oliseh can make a good NFF president
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:07 pm Oliseh can make a good NFF president
Absolutely!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:07 pm Oliseh can make a good NFF president
I like him but unless he has improved on his interpersonal skills it will be a tough row to hoe.

And it is not just about dealing with Naijarians he has had problems dealing his oyibo colleagues as well.

Anyway, I enjoyed the interview... my fondest memory of Oliseh was when he shook off malaria to come off the bench and will us to victory... I think in PH or something.

He remains a legend and a patriot... also knew he paid hotel fees, plane tickets, and helped players. A true leader.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

In this interview he shows a glimpse of his difficult personality.

He talks about the players sharing money from Nike and him refusing to wear Nike shoes...

Accusing players of sharing Nike money... duh, Nike was our sponsor. He refused to wear the sponsor shoes and was the only player who decided to wear his own shoes.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:12 pm

He talks about the players sharing money from Nike and him refusing to wear Nike shoes...

Accusing players of sharing Nike money... duh, Nike was our sponsor. He refused to wear the sponsor shoes and was the only player who decided to wear his own shoes.
WhaT I got was that they were being paid $1000 to wear the boots, almost like a cheap bribe?
I might be wrong, but he mentioned how he spoke to another player, telling him “we know where we are going”, suggesting he didn’t feel they were being treated fairly by Nike.
Something like that anyway.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:06 pm

WhaT I got was that they were being paid $1000 to wear the boots, almost like a cheap bribe?
I might be wrong, but he mentioned how he spoke to another player, telling him “we know where we are going”, suggesting he didn’t feel they were being treated fairly by Nike.
Something like that anyway.
...if a player has signed endorsement with another outfit company for bigger better money, they will stick with it. Michael Jordan once refused to wear anything not Nike during the Olympics games.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Very difficult. The fact that he gave no credit to Mikel, a player that accomplished as much is not more than him is shameful.
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Nothing new to report; CE Ashawos easily pleased
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:26 pm

Very difficult. The fact that he gave no credit to Mikel, a player that accomplished as much is not more than him is shameful.
The pettiness towards Mikel is still evident. That's one of the reasons why I don't want Oliseh near the SE again. Mikel is easily one of the most accomplished Nigerian footballers ever and Oliseh's small mindedness can never erase that!
I am happy
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Dammy wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:53 pm

The pettiness towards Mikel is still evident. That's one of the reasons why I don't want Oliseh near the SE again. Mikel is easily one of the most accomplished Nigerian footballers ever and Oliseh's small mindedness can never erase that!

Why do we Nigerians perform so poorly in understanding of the game?

Oliseh is not speaking as a fan here wrt Mikel, but strictly as a coach, with his own ideas and concept of the game.

I don't personally agree with his view of Mikel and role of the DM, but I fully understand that this is strictly on a conceptual level. Sir Alex for instance did not see Mikel as a DM. Is he also petty in his regard?

Its not pettiness towards Mikel, cus its not personal.

Different managers see different players from different lens...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:28 pm

Oliseh is not speaking as a fan here wrt Mikel, but strictly as a coach, with his own ideas and concept of the game.

I don't personally agree with his view of Mikel and role of the DM, but I fully understand that this is strictly on a conceptual level. Sir Alex for instance did not see Mikel as a DM. Is he also petty in his regard?

I hear you but he also went into an unrelated personal story about Mikel which had nothing to do with the question, which tells me he’s still holding onto something from his time with Mikel, it was obvious when he refused to give him the captain ship, oddly picking Musa instead…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

These 1994 era players need to stop all these nonsensical unending self aggrandizing victory tours. it's very annoying.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

1naija wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:04 pm These 1994 era players need to stop all these nonsensical unending self aggrandizing victory tours. it's very annoying.
I am TIRED of it!!! One would think they won the WC.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:36 pm
txj wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:28 pm

I hear you but he also went into an unrelated personal story about Mikel which had nothing to do with the question, which tells me he’s still holding onto something from his time with Mikel, it was obvious when he refused to give him the captain ship, oddly picking Musa instead…

That's not quite correct.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp