PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

User avatar
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 21380
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by Enugu II »

Jose Peserio has now managed these players for 4 games. In my view, Peserio did not himself pick the squad for the two international friendlies but may have been made aware of the squad and why the players were selected. He was likely involved in pruning that list for the two competitive games having watched the players at close quatrters. Now, he is more likely to be intricately involved in selecting the next squad. Given what you have seen thus far (under Peseiro), who do you think is a sure bet to remain in the squad? Who is hanging by the thread? and who is headed out? Here is my view:

DEFINITELY IN
Alex Iwobi
Oghenekaro Etebo
Victor Osimhen
Joseph Aribo
Bassey
Lookman
Francius Uzoho
Moses Simon
Semi Ajayi
Emmanuel Dennis
William Ekong
Zaidu Sanusi
Wilfred Ndidi ???
Ahmed Musa


STARTER STATUS IN JEOPARDY

Aina (as per starter status)
Samuel Chukwueze (as per starter status)
Sadiq Umar (???)

HANGING BY A THREAD
Maduka Okoye
Abdullahi Shehu
Leon Balogun
Chiedozie Awaziem
Kenneth Omeruo

HEADED OUT
John Noble
Daniel Akpeyi]
Kelechi Nwakali
Jude Ighalo

**Will modify list as the discussion goes on.**

NOTE: This weekend, Peseiro is scheduled to be at one of the NPFL venues to watch a crucial league game.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
gochino
Egg
Egg
Posts: 1343
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:35 pm
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by gochino »

I think Dessers is definitely in but strictly as a backup to Osimehn.
User avatar
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Posts: 6247
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by Tobi17 »

gochino wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:14 pm I think Dessers is definitely in but strictly as a backup to Osimehn.
Moffi seems to be a preferred option by Peseiro as Osimhen's back up going by how Peseiro rated him very highly the games we played.
gochino
Egg
Egg
Posts: 1343
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:35 pm
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by gochino »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:26 pm
gochino wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:14 pm I think Dessers is definitely in but strictly as a backup to Osimehn.
Moffi seems to be a preferred option by Peseiro as Osimhen's back up going by how Peseiro rated him very highly the games we played.
Passiero plays with 2 strikers, one lead striker and one as supporting. I think Sadiq is a back up to Moffi and Dessers to Osimehn.
User avatar
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Posts: 6247
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by Tobi17 »

gochino wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:38 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:26 pm
gochino wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:14 pm I think Dessers is definitely in but strictly as a backup to Osimehn.
Moffi seems to be a preferred option by Peseiro as Osimhen's back up going by how Peseiro rated him very highly the games we played.
Passiero plays with 2 strikers, one lead striker and one as supporting. I think Sadiq is a back up to Moffi and Dessers to Osimehn.
Moffi played more minutes in all the friendly matches and even AFCON qualifier games of the three back up strikers to Osimhen (Sadiq, Dessers and Moffi), that should tell you that Peseiro sees Moffi as the type of player that fits into his tactical formation and style of football of Osimhen as the lone #9 striker upfront and Moffi playing in a more withdrawn false 9 role like we saw against Sao Tome (a hint into Peseiro's mind of what is to come in future games).
User avatar
Damunk
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 47856
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Location: UK
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by Damunk »

I don’t think Okoye is “hanging by a thread” at all.
That categorization is heavily influenced by fan talk.

And I don’t think Semi Ajayi is “definitely in”. He should be in with Leon Balogun as ‘Hanging’.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
gochino
Egg
Egg
Posts: 1343
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:35 pm
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by gochino »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:47 pm
gochino wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:38 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:26 pm
gochino wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:14 pm I think Dessers is definitely in but strictly as a backup to Osimehn.
Moffi seems to be a preferred option by Peseiro as Osimhen's back up going by how Peseiro rated him very highly the games we played.
Passiero plays with 2 strikers, one lead striker and one as supporting. I think Sadiq is a back up to Moffi and Dessers to Osimehn.
Moffi played more minutes in all the friendly matches and even AFCON qualifier games of the three back up strikers to Osimhen (Sadiq, Dessers and Moffi), that should tell you that Peseiro sees Moffi as the type of player that fits into his tactical formation and style of football of Osimhen as the lone #9 striker upfront and Moffi playing in a more withdrawn false 9 role like we saw against Sao Tome (a hint into Peseiro's mind of what is to come in future games).
My point is Dessers is too similar to Osimehn. He plays as a finisher just like Osimhen, Sadiq and Moffi have been used in the "withdrawn no 9 role"
User avatar
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 27505
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:11 pm
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by Purity »

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 13518
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Location: seattle
Contact:
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:57 pm I don’t think Okoye is “hanging by a thread” at all.
That categorization is heavily influenced by fan talk.

And I don’t think Semi Ajayi is “definitely in”. He should be in with Leon Balogun as ‘Hanging’.
Don’t mind them Abi na Enugu 2 or something. It amazes me how some people just discredit themselves being so mentally leisurely with something needing measured approach to say the least
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
User avatar
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 10212
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Iheanacho is definitely in. The only reason he wasn’t in the AFCON qualifiers squad is that he’s focusing on acquiring a British citizenship and the process was at a critical stage in which he had to be available for in-person interviews. He’ll be back. Mark my words❗️


Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 21380
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by Enugu II »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:54 pm Iheanacho is definitely in. The only reason he wasn’t in the AFCON qualifiers squad is that he’s focusing on acquiring a British citizen and the process was at a critical stage in which he had to be available for in-person interviews. He’ll be back. Mark my words❗️


Cheers.
I believe Iheanacho will get his chance but I certainly think he will play a different position than he did under Rohr. Iwobi has taken that hole behind the double strikers. Iheanacho will have to challenge Moffi/Sadiq/Dessers for who will partner Osimhen.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
User avatar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 23715
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:27 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:54 pm Iheanacho is definitely in. The only reason he wasn’t in the AFCON qualifiers squad is that he’s focusing on acquiring a British citizen and the process was at a critical stage in which he had to be available for in-person interviews. He’ll be back. Mark my words❗️


Cheers.
I believe Iheanacho will get his chance but I certainly think he will play a different position than he did under Rohr. Iwobi has taken that hole behind the double strikers. Iheanacho will have to challenge Moffi/Sadiq/Dessers for who will partner Osimhen.
Moffi No be am. Coach Pesse plays with 2 strikers, in the end I expect Osihmen/ Awoniyi to be the starting pair and 2 of Dessers/Nacho/ Sadiq to make the team. Nacho stands a good chance because he can play SS very well but his main problem is that he has to play regularly for Leicester and not be happy waiting for pali. He’s not only backing up Vardy, now he’s also a backup to Daka.
OCCUPY NFF!!
User avatar
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 52452
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by 1naija »

Uncle, have you been smoking funny cigarettes again? So Awoniyi will jump from not being invited since the Nations cup to being the starting striker for the SE? That one go surpass all RCCG miracles if it were to happen.

Unfortunately , Awoniyi is on the outside looking in, unless he sets whichever league he plays in next season on fire. Sadiq's promotion to La Liga next season automatically makes him the no.2 striker. We may pretend that's not the case, but that 's the reality.

Unless Nacho completely tanks next season, the top 4 strikers will be:

Osimhen
Sadiq
Nacho
Moffi (I prefer Dessers)

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:23 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:27 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:54 pm Iheanacho is definitely in. The only reason he wasn’t in the AFCON qualifiers squad is that he’s focusing on acquiring a British citizen and the process was at a critical stage in which he had to be available for in-person interviews. He’ll be back. Mark my words❗️


Cheers.
I believe Iheanacho will get his chance but I certainly think he will play a different position than he did under Rohr. Iwobi has taken that hole behind the double strikers. Iheanacho will have to challenge Moffi/Sadiq/Dessers for who will partner Osimhen.
Moffi No be am. Coach Pesse plays with 2 strikers, in the end I expect Osihmen/ Awoniyi to be the starting pair and 2 of Dessers/Nacho/ Sadiq to make the team. Nacho stands a good chance because he can play SS very well but his main problem is that he has to play regularly for Leicester and not be happy waiting for pali. He’s not only backing up Vardy, now he’s also a backup to Daka.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
User avatar
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 21380
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:59 am Uncle, have you been smoking funny cigarettes again? So Awoniyi will jump from not being invited since the Nations cup to being the starting striker for the SE? That one go surpass all RCCG miracles if it were to happen.

Unfortunately , Awoniyi is on the outside looking in, unless he sets whichever league he plays in next season on fire. Sadiq's promotion to La Liga next season automatically makes him the no.2 striker. We may pretend that's not the case, but that 's the reality.

Unless Nacho completely tanks next season, the top 4 strikers will be:

Osimhen
Sadiq
Nacho
Moffi (I prefer Dessers)

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:23 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:27 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:54 pm Iheanacho is definitely in. The only reason he wasn’t in the AFCON qualifiers squad is that he’s focusing on acquiring a British citizen and the process was at a critical stage in which he had to be available for in-person interviews. He’ll be back. Mark my words❗️


Cheers.
I believe Iheanacho will get his chance but I certainly think he will play a different position than he did under Rohr. Iwobi has taken that hole behind the double strikers. Iheanacho will have to challenge Moffi/Sadiq/Dessers for who will partner Osimhen.
Moffi No be am. Coach Pesse plays with 2 strikers, in the end I expect Osihmen/ Awoniyi to be the starting pair and 2 of Dessers/Nacho/ Sadiq to make the team. Nacho stands a good chance because he can play SS very well but his main problem is that he has to play regularly for Leicester and not be happy waiting for pali. He’s not only backing up Vardy, now he’s also a backup to Daka.
1naija

I will not dismiss that easily. This is a new Manager and he will not be dependent on previous decisions made by either Rohr or Eguavoen.

For me, Moffi is not a sure thing. Awoniyi will be in play.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
User avatar
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Posts: 6247
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by Tobi17 »

Moffi is a better back up striker to Osimhen right now, you guys should deal with it.
User avatar
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 21380
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by Enugu II »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:14 am Moffi is a better back up striker to Osimhen right now, you guys should deal with it.
The key words are RIGHT NOW. How about next month and down the road?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
User avatar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 23715
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:22 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:14 am Moffi is a better back up striker to Osimhen right now, you guys should deal with it.
The key words are RIGHT NOW. How about next month and down the road?
We’re talking about -laying 2 strikers and who partners Osihmen. Besides, Moffi will be exposed as an empty suit once the season starts and his goal drought begins. Awoniyi is, has been a more productive striker over the last 2yrs. Moffi cannot overcome that unless he’s banging in goals. Also, Onuachu is still out there .
OCCUPY NFF!!
User avatar
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 52452
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by 1naija »

EII, I know the preferred narrative for most on this board who buried their heads in the sand during the Nations cup is that Awoniyi has been left out since the tournament because of some coach's preference. The reality however, is that his performance in the GWG is the reason he is not in the mix so far. I am sure Pesserio has watched most of our recent games tapes before joining the team. I can't imagine him seeing what all the other coaches didn't see in Awoniyi's performance that would make him select Awoniyi as our second striker as Kongi suggested.

Like I said, the only way he can get back in the team ahead of the players I listed if if he sets any top league he plays in on fire next season.
Enugu II wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:09 am
1naija wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:59 am Uncle, have you been smoking funny cigarettes again? So Awoniyi will jump from not being invited since the Nations cup to being the starting striker for the SE? That one go surpass all RCCG miracles if it were to happen.

Unfortunately , Awoniyi is on the outside looking in, unless he sets whichever league he plays in next season on fire. Sadiq's promotion to La Liga next season automatically makes him the no.2 striker. We may pretend that's not the case, but that 's the reality.

Unless Nacho completely tanks next season, the top 4 strikers will be:

Osimhen
Sadiq
Nacho
Moffi (I prefer Dessers)

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:23 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:27 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:54 pm Iheanacho is definitely in. The only reason he wasn’t in the AFCON qualifiers squad is that he’s focusing on acquiring a British citizen and the process was at a critical stage in which he had to be available for in-person interviews. He’ll be back. Mark my words❗️


Cheers.
I believe Iheanacho will get his chance but I certainly think he will play a different position than he did under Rohr. Iwobi has taken that hole behind the double strikers. Iheanacho will have to challenge Moffi/Sadiq/Dessers for who will partner Osimhen.
Moffi No be am. Coach Pesse plays with 2 strikers, in the end I expect Osihmen/ Awoniyi to be the starting pair and 2 of Dessers/Nacho/ Sadiq to make the team. Nacho stands a good chance because he can play SS very well but his main problem is that he has to play regularly for Leicester and not be happy waiting for pali. He’s not only backing up Vardy, now he’s also a backup to Daka.
1naija

I will not dismiss that easily. This is a new Manager and he will not be dependent on previous decisions made by either Rohr or Eguavoen.

For me, Moffi is not a sure thing. Awoniyi will be in play.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
User avatar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 23715
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:43 am EII, I know the preferred narrative for most on this board who buried their heads in the sand during the Nations cup is that Awoniyi has been left out since the tournament because of some coach's preference. The reality however, is that his performance in the GWG is the reason he is not in the mix so far. I am sure Pesserio has watched most of our recent games tapes before joining the team. I can't imagine him seeing what all the other coaches didn't see in Awoniyi's performance that would make him select Awoniyi as our second striker as Kongi suggested.

Like I said, the only way he can get back in the team ahead of the players I listed if if he sets any top league he plays in on fire next season.
Enugu II wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:09 am
1naija wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:59 am Uncle, have you been smoking funny cigarettes again? So Awoniyi will jump from not being invited since the Nations cup to being the starting striker for the SE? That one go surpass all RCCG miracles if it were to happen.

Unfortunately , Awoniyi is on the outside looking in, unless he sets whichever league he plays in next season on fire. Sadiq's promotion to La Liga next season automatically makes him the no.2 striker. We may pretend that's not the case, but that 's the reality.

Unless Nacho completely tanks next season, the top 4 strikers will be:

Osimhen
Sadiq
Nacho
Moffi (I prefer Dessers)

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:23 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:27 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:54 pm Iheanacho is definitely in. The only reason he wasn’t in the AFCON qualifiers squad is that he’s focusing on acquiring a British citizen and the process was at a critical stage in which he had to be available for in-person interviews. He’ll be back. Mark my words❗️


Cheers.
I believe Iheanacho will get his chance but I certainly think he will play a different position than he did under Rohr. Iwobi has taken that hole behind the double strikers. Iheanacho will have to challenge Moffi/Sadiq/Dessers for who will partner Osimhen.
Moffi No be am. Coach Pesse plays with 2 strikers, in the end I expect Osihmen/ Awoniyi to be the starting pair and 2 of Dessers/Nacho/ Sadiq to make the team. Nacho stands a good chance because he can play SS very well but his main problem is that he has to play regularly for Leicester and not be happy waiting for pali. He’s not only backing up Vardy, now he’s also a backup to Daka.
1naija

I will not dismiss that easily. This is a new Manager and he will not be dependent on previous decisions made by either Rohr or Eguavoen.

For me, Moffi is not a sure thing. Awoniyi will be in play.

Onku, Awoniyi’s team did well last season and qualified for Europa with him scoring 15 goals making him the 6th highest scorer in Bundesliga. Moffi is no way near that level, a couple games under clueless Eguaveon will not change that.
OCCUPY NFF!!
User avatar
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 31000
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY


#FREESENEGAL
asabatex
Egg
Egg
Posts: 6290
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:23 pm
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by asabatex »

Somebody ...please give this man a pay rise... :thumbs:


[/quote]
I am not an egg. :mad:
User avatar
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 52452
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by 1naija »

This one wey Peserio dey breeze into Naija any and any how , e be like one IMSU student to hold an oo...
Gotti wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:06 am
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
User avatar
Damunk
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 47856
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Location: UK
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:22 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:14 am Moffi is a better back up striker to Osimhen right now, you guys should deal with it.
The key words are RIGHT NOW. How about next month and down the road?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
This is true! :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "

Post Reply