PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: PESERIO: My View About Status of Players..... What is Your View?

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:00 pm Jose Peserio has now managed these players for 4 games. In my view, Peserio did not himself pick the squad for the two international friendlies but may have been made aware of the squad and why the players were selected. He was likely involved in poruning that liost for the two competitive games having watched the players in close quatrters. NOw, he is more likely to be intricately involved in selecting the next squad call up. Given what you have see thus far (yunder Peseirto), who do you think is a sure bet tyo remain on the squad? Who is hanging by the thread? anmd who is headed out? Here is my view:

DEFINITELY IN
Alex Iwobi
Oghenekaro Etebo
Victor Osimhen
Joseph Aribo
Bassey
Lookman
Francius Uzoho
Moses Simon
Semi Ajayi
Emmanuel Dennis
William Ekong
Zaidu Sanusi
Wilfred Ndidi ???
Ahmed Musa

STARTER STATUS IN JEOPARDY

Aina (as per starter status)
Samuel Chukwueze (as per starter status)
Sadiq Umar (???)

HANGING BY A THREAD
Maduka Okoye
Abdullahi Shehu
Leon Balogun
Chiedozie Awaziem
Kenneth Omeruo

HEADED OUT
John Noble
Daniel Akpeyi]
Kelechi Nwakali
Jude Ighalo

**Will modify list as the discussion goes on.**

NOTE: This weekend, Peseiro is scheduled to be at one of the NPFL venues to watch a crucial league game.
Awaziem seems to have been written off quickly. He has only had a bad 2nd half of the season, and injury has been a major factor. He's good and young enough to bounce back. I would like a CD pairing of Awaziem and Bassey, 2 solid ball playing central defenders.
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Gotti wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:06 am
Oga Sir, you mean you (not you) didn't give Peseiro the database. Imagine, Peseiro has to go and watch the NPFL. We will not take this treatment.

By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Just look at our coach already going to watch the games. Kai . This is a man really working. We cannot say the same for the other one who stayed 6 years in Europe coach8ng
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

This guy - Peseiro is passionate and proud of his job as the coach of the Nigerian National Team. No condescending rhetorics. I think the NFF chose the right candidate for the first time in their history. He will go far with the team! The signs are there for all to see.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Goalgetter wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:25 pm This guy - Peseiro is passionate and proud of his job as the coach of the Nigerian National Team. No condescending rhetorics. I think the NFF chose the right candidate for the first time in their history. He will go far with the team! The signs are there for all to see.
Goalgetter

The truth is that it is too early to tell. Yes, he is now doing the right things but how long will that last?

I hope the NFF provides him accommodation in the country and we do not go back to the days of paying for a manager to arrive here on a week vacation a few times in a year. There is a lot of work to be done outside of training camp. These days that work can be done anywhere and why not Nigeria?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:27 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:54 pm Iheanacho is definitely in. The only reason he wasn’t in the AFCON qualifiers squad is that he’s focusing on acquiring a British citizen and the process was at a critical stage in which he had to be available for in-person interviews. He’ll be back. Mark my words❗️

Cheers.
I believe Iheanacho will get his chance but I certainly think he will play a different position than he did under Rohr. Iwobi has taken that hole behind the double strikers. Iheanacho will have to challenge Moffi/Sadiq/Dessers for who will partner Osimhen.
I forgot to comment also on Nwakali as I had intended. He simply has way too much visible talent to be permanently discarded. I believe that once his club career stabilizes, he’ll be back. In my opinion, he’s better than any central midfielder on the roster and second only to Ndidi as a defensive midfielder❗️

Cheers.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

His club performance is what got him the call up to the National team. He still had to perform once given the opportunity. If he had seized the opportunity with both hands, we would not be talking about Moffi today. Hopefully Peserio will give him another opportunity.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:57 am
Onku, Awoniyi’s team did well last season and qualified for Europa with him scoring 15 goals making him the 6th highest scorer in Bundesliga. Moffi is no way near that level, a couple games under clueless Eguaveon will not change that.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:53 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:54 pm Iheanacho is definitely in. The only reason he wasn’t in the AFCON qualifiers squad is that he’s focusing on acquiring a British citizen and the process was at a critical stage in which he had to be available for in-person interviews. He’ll be back. Mark my words❗️

Cheers.
I believe Iheanacho will get his chance but I certainly think he will play a different position than he did under Rohr. Iwobi has taken that hole behind the double strikers. Iheanacho will have to challenge Moffi/Sadiq/Dessers for who will partner Osimhen.
I forgot to comment also on Nwakali as I had intended. He simply has way too much visible talent to be permanently discarded. I believe that once his club career stabilizes, he’ll be back. In my opinion, he’s better than any central midfielder on the roster and second only to Ndidi as a defensive midfielder❗️

Cheers.
Yup! Nwakali is probably the most important Player for the future of the team. His lack of stability and consistent play at club level has denied SE a chance to have a truly complete team that’s creative and solid in MF. We all saw what he brings to the table at Afcon. There’re rumors that Swiss club Lussane are interested in signing him this summer, I’ll take it. I’ll even take a Nwakali playing regularly in Turkey, even Egypt and South Africa I go take.

I’d love to see this lineup. One of the most creative and balanced team possible.

Awazien. Ndidi. Bassey

Aina. Nwakali. Aribo. Simon

Iwobi

Nacho/Awoniyi Osihmen
OCCUPY NFF!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:09 pm
Goalgetter wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:25 pm This guy - Peseiro is passionate and proud of his job as the coach of the Nigerian National Team. No condescending rhetorics. I think the NFF chose the right candidate for the first time in their history. He will go far with the team! The signs are there for all to see.
Goalgetter

The truth is that it is too early to tell. Yes, he is now doing the right things but how long will that last?

I hope the NFF provides him accommodation in the country and we do not go back to the days of paying for a manager to arrive here on a week vacation a few times in a year. There is a lot of work to be done outside of training camp. These days that work can be done anywhere and why not Nigeria?
You are right but Nigeria is not the safest place these days. It is even worse around this time. I can’t fault the coach if he decides against staying in Nigeria until the election is over.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cheers.

Cheers.
TTTK,

Is there no ti8me that we can state that this Nwakali hope and DREAM is FINALLY OVER? Just asking. Or should we continue this dream when the player is over 30 and retired?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:04 am

Cheers.

Cheers.
TTTK,

Is there no ti8me that we can state that this Nwakali hope and DREAM is FINALLY OVER? Just asking. Or should we continue this dream when the player is over 30 and retired?
I get the love for Nwakali which is mainly anchored on hope rather than substance.
The reality is that his career is floundering.
It is not the SE we should be looking at to revive it.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:39 am

Cheers.

Cheers.
TTTK,

I get the love for Nwakali which is mainly anchored on hope rather than substance.
His ANC cameo will probably be the highlight of his career…sad
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:00 am

Cheers.

Cheers.
TTTK,

To be a successful footballer, consistency is key. Unfortunately, Nwakali has not delivered in his short career both for club and country. He has been loaned out by all his clubs and that says a lot. Having one or two good games here and there is not enough. And if you watch a few of his games, it’s easy to see why he is struggling.

He is 24 already. Let’s pray he finds a club that would fine tune his strengths and work on his weakness. Wikipedia is saying his current club is FC Pakhtakor Tashkent in the Uzbekistan Super League. Don’t know how far that is true.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:31 am
maceo4 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:00 am

Cheers.

Cheers.
TTTK,

To be a successful footballer, consistency is key. Unfortunately, Nwakali has not delivered in his short career both for club and country. He has been loaned out by all his clubs and that says a lot. Having one or two good games here and there is not enough. And if you watch a few of his games, it’s easy to see why he is struggling.

He is 24 already. Let’s pray he finds a club that would fine tune his strengths and work on his weakness. Wikipedia is saying his current club is FC Pakhtakor Tashkent in the Uzbekistan Super League. Don’t know how far that is true.
What I do not get is this idea that he is etched for ever as the player who enthralled us in 2015!!!! That is 7 years ago!!! Nearly a decade!!! Yet we still visualize that as if it is here and now. Nwakali is no use to the Super Eagles now and unlikely to be in the near future. We need to come to grip with that and move on.
Last edited by Enugu II on Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Cheers.

Cheers.
TTTK,

EII,

If you’re going to come to that conclusion, should it be when he’s at the ripe old age of 24? His soccer career is still in its infancy and given his immense talent, there’s still an awful lot to hope for and dream about in spite of his club tribulations which have nothing whatsoever to do with his on-field performance❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:00 pm

Cheers.

Cheers.
TTTK,

EII,

If you’re going to come to that conclusion, should it be when he’s at the ripe old age of 24? His soccer career is still in its infancy and given his immense talent, there’s still an awful lot to hope for and dream about in spite of his club tribulations which have nothing whatsoever to do with his on-field performancee❗️

Cheers.
Why do you say this?
You do not think that by now at least one manager would have spotted this unbelievable talent and invested in him to make a huge ROI?
So if it is not his on field performances, what exactly is holding him back that several coaches have failed to consider?

We wish him no ill-will, but sometimes the writing is on the wall :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:54 pm Iheanacho is definitely in. The only reason he wasn’t in the AFCON qualifiers squad is that he’s focusing on acquiring a British citizenship and the process was at a critical stage in which he had to be available for in-person interviews. He’ll be back. Mark my words❗️

Cheers.
The application process for British Citizenship does not prevent an applicant from travelling. And any in-person interviews can be scheduled at a convenient date for the applicant. The application that restricts your ability to travel is the permanent residency application. Even then, you can pay a premium to get a decision in days.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:30 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:54 pm Iheanacho is definitely in. The only reason he wasn’t in the AFCON qualifiers squad is that he’s focusing on acquiring a British citizenship and the process was at a critical stage in which he had to be available for in-person interviews. He’ll be back. Mark my words❗️

Cheers.
The application process for British Citizenship does not prevent an applicant from travelling. And any in-person interviews can be scheduled at a convenient date for the applicant. The application that restricts your ability to travel is the permanent residency application. Even then, you can pay a premium to get a decision in days.
LOL. I wanted to respond earlier but completely forgot.

Kelechi was in Nigeria the entire time the SE had games. Kelechi's omission is apparently a disciplinary issue from the Abuja Ghana game.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ugbowo wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:58 pm
aruako1 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:30 pm

Cheers.
LOL. I wanted to respond earlier but completely forgot.

Kelechi was in Nigeria the entire time the SE had games. Kelechi's omission is apparently a disciplinary issue from the Abuja Ghana game.
Did he complain about not playing any minutes in Abuja?

A decision that helped us not to qualify?

Or did he complain about match bonus?

You know the NFF hates that.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Complained about not playing and refused to come in when asked by the coaches. Was apparently rude to some coaches and officials.

This is all alleged and unconfirmed please. But it’s from a very reliable source.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:28 pm

Cheers.

Cheers.
Yup! Nwakali is probably the most important Player for the future of the team. His lack of stability and consistent play at club level has denied SE a chance to have a truly complete team that’s creative and solid in MF. We all saw what he brings to the table at Afcon. There’re rumors that Swiss club Lussane are interested in signing him this summer, I’ll take it. I’ll even take a Nwakali playing regularly in Turkey, even Egypt and South Africa I go take.

I’d love to see this lineup. One of the most creative and balanced team possible.

Awazien. Ndidi. Bassey

Aina. Nwakali. Aribo. Simon

Iwobi

Nacho/Awoniyi Osihmen
What type of crazy line up is this with eleven outfield players and no goalkeeper
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ugbowo wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:21 pm Complained about not playing and refused to come in when asked by the coaches. Was apparently rude to some coaches and officials.

This is all alleged and unconfirmed please. But it’s from a very reliable source.
Thanks Coach Ugbowo...

It rings true.

Could explain why he has been left out even for the friendlies and qualifiers.

I wish him good luck.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

To be honest, unless Nacho improves that his horrible first touch, I think he is surplus to requirements.