Nottingham Forest in talks to sign Taiwo Awoniyi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nottingham Forest in talks to sign Taiwo Awoniyi

Post by The YeyeMan »

Nottingham Forest have opened talks to sign the Union Berlin striker Taiwo Awoniyi, who has a release clause in the region of €20m (£17.2m).

The Nigeria international started his professional career with Liverpool but never played a first-team game for the club. The Premier League runners-up will, however, earn 10% of any fee paid for the 24-year-old.

Erling Haaland (left), Fabio Carvalho (centre) and Noussair Mazraoui, Bayern Munich's new signing.
Men’s transfer window summer 2022 – all deals from Europe’s top five leagues
Read more
During his time on the books at Anfield, Awoniyi had seven loan spells, at clubs in Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands, before joining Union Berlin in a permanent deal in 2021.

Awoniyi scored 15 Bundesliga goals last season to help Union Berlin to a fifth-place finish. A number of other European clubs are also tracking the striker but he has previously admitted interest in moving to the Premier League, and Forest are not the only team in England keen on acquiring his services.

If Awoniyi does move to the City Ground, he could be joined by the Mainz centre-back Moussa Niakhaté, who is also a key Forest target. The pair played alongside one another in the 2019-20 season when the Awoniyi was on loan there.

In other news, Forest are still in talks with Manchester United over securing the loan signing of the goalkeeper Dean Henderson and are hopeful of concluding a deal.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... wo-awoniyi
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nottingham Forest in talks to sign Taiwo Awoniyi

Post by Damunk »

So Forest are back in the top tier at last?
Good luck but maybe not such a good move.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...are they getting him to help fortify the attack that helped them to promotion, or they gonna dump those that suffered for a new signee?
They may get him and loaned out or ride the bench.
Good players going to a bigger club (for the money or fame) almost always lose out.
This is the type of thing Nigeria does, dump players who helped you to qualification.
Unless he sign a clause to be a first teamer at all time.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:10 pm ...are they getting him to help fortify the attack that helped them to promotion, or they gonna dump those that suffered for a new signee?
Good players going to a bigger club (for the money or fame) almost always lose out.
This is the type of thing Nigeria does, dump players who helped you to qualification.
If he goes there, he will walk into the team.
They’ve just gained promotion and want to survive. So they won’t be spending money for fun.
No room for the kind of sentiment you are uncomfortable with.
It’s business.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He can do better.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:24 pm He can do better.
Yup.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:53 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:24 pm He can do better.
Yup.
:agree:
I am happy
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Not a bad move if it happens. Could be a springboard to better EPL teams. That may very well be Nottingham’s plan; buy him for a reasonable price and then sell him to the highest bidder❗️

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:40 pm Not a bad move if it happens. Could be a springboard to better EPL teams. That may very well be Nottingham’s plan; buy him for a reasonable price and then sell him to the highest bidder❗️

Cheers.
We’ll see if it works for Dennis this summer, He did very well and his got got relegated. So far only other relegation teams are interested , even they want him cheap. Best for Awoniyi to stay in Berlin and make CL.
OCCUPY NFF!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Forest are a well drilled team, he can learn a lot from their manager.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:18 pm
mcal wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:10 pm ...are they getting him to help fortify the attack that helped them to promotion, or they gonna dump those that suffered for a new signee?
They’ve just gained promotion and want to survive. So they won’t be spending money for fun.
It’s business.
:clap: :clap:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

It’s business.
...well good luck to him. Would love to see him succeed.
The highlighted is tend to be reserved for super stars like Ronaldo walked into Manchester United.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I hope he doesn't go there. He might be in for a relegation battle. That being said, Forrest was once a prominent club in England, although they've been away from top flight football for many years.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:30 pm
It’s business.
The highlighted is tend to be reserved for super stars like Ronaldo walked into Manchester United.
The only thing Forest have in common with Man U is the red jersey.
They are light years apart even now that Man U are at an all-time low.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Forest have won the champs league title. Something the likes of assanal. city etc can't handle
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:16 am
mcal wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:30 pm
It’s business.
The only thing Forest have in common with Man U is the red jersey.
They are light years apart even now that Man U are at an all-time low.
Awoniyi would be a serious contender for a starting spot at Man U❗️

Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Taiwo Awoniyi: Nottingham Forest sign Nigeria forward from Union Berlin for club-record fee

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Nottingham Forest have signed Nigeria forward Taiwo Awoniyi from Union Berlin for a club record fee.

The 24-year-old joins newly promoted Forest on a five-year deal for a reported £17m.

Awoniyi scored 20 goals in 43 games across all competitions last season and becomes Forest's first signing since gaining promotion back to the Premier League.

"It's always been my dream to play in the Premier League," said Awoniyi.

"Having spoken to [Forest boss] Steve Cooper about our ambitions and looking at Forest, with its great history, it's a club that I want to be part of."

How exciting is this signing for Forest? And what other business do they need to do? Have your say here
After a season-long loan, Awoniyi joined Union Berlin on a permanent deal in July 2021 from Liverpool, where he started his career.

He did not make any first team appearances for Liverpool after signing for the club in 2015 and spent the majority of his six years with the Merseyside side out on loan.

Forest manager Cooper said Awoniyi was a player the club had been monitoring closely over the past few months.

"There's been a lot of interest of Taiwo from other Premier League clubs, and other clubs across Europe, so we're delighted he's chosen Nottingham Forest," Cooper said.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61935560
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mystic
Egg
Egg
Re: Taiwo Awoniyi: Nottingham Forest sign Nigeria forward from Union Berlin for club-record fee

Post by mystic »

Congrats Taiwo!
asabatex
Egg
Egg
Re: Taiwo Awoniyi: Nottingham Forest sign Nigeria forward from Union Berlin for club-record fee

Post by asabatex »

Great news...Congratulations Mr. Awoniyi.. :clap:
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Awoniyi. You have the potential to be a great force in this game as a striker. What I saw at U17 gives me this confidence in you
I pray ya entrance into the EPL will unleash ya potential and greatness. Goodluck kid.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Agbako wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:01 pm Awoniyi. You have the potential to be a great force in this game as a striker. What I saw at U17 gives me this confidence in you
I pray ya entrance into the EPL will unleash ya potential and greatness. Goodluck kid.
Some thing tells me that under Cooper this guy will be a force.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I am happy for the boy. I pray it works out well for him.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Lolly wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:19 pm I am happy for the boy. I pray it works out well for him.
Yup.i really do. A. 15 goal season like he did last yr in Germany would be great return in the Epl. He joins Iwobi, nacho, ndidi and Denis in the Epl. Looks like lookman wil not be making a permanent move to Leicester.
OCCUPY NFF!!