Under 17 Wafu Nigeria 3 vs CIV 1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Under 17 Wafu Nigeria 3 vs CIV 1

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:26 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:17 am
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:52 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:38 pm
Dammy wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:35 pm We seem to be going back to the basics with the form of the U17 and U20 teams.
The NFF had been criticised for not doing enough for our youth teams and focusing on foreign born players.
Well, it remains to be seen if any, and how many, of these kids move up the ladder❗️

Cheers.
You seem to be a very pessimistic and negative type, I've observed your general vibe towards Nigerian football and it leans towards lack of enthusiasm.
Look here, if you don’t have a credible argument then shut up and stop attacking my person. The argument is that the NFF focuses on foreign born players. The only thing that can prove they’re turning over a new leaf is that some of these kids actually make it to the National team and are not discarded for foreign born players. How does stating that amount to pessimism or negativism? Are you retarded or something❓❗️

Cheers.
You're obviously going through some mid life crisis, either that or you're apparently unhappy about your life...accept my unreserved sympathy.

You're lucky I just had one of the most amazing weekends of my life and still in a uplifting mood from the exhilarating hangover, otherwise I would have finished your very existence as a human being on this forum (go ask about me :lol: ) you get serious luck walahi.
Obviously, you are attaching undue importance to yourself. That is a sure sign of narcissistic personality disorder. Do yourself a huge favor and go see a doctor🤔❗️

Cheers.
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Shame the little Satellites never made it past Burkina Faso, would have loved to give them a kicking in their own backyard again.

Though you can really never tell with these Ghana Naija matches.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Dammy wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:35 pm We seem to be going back to the basics with the form of the U17 and U20 teams.
The NFF had been criticised for not doing enough for our youth teams and focusing on foreign born players.
Well, it remains to be seen if any, and how many, of these kids move up the ladder❗️

Cheers.
You seem to be a very pessimistic and negative type, I've observed your general vibe towards Nigerian football and it leans towards lack of enthusiasm.
Tobi you haven't always been a bastion of optimism yourself. You know what they say about stones and glass houses
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Congratulations Ugbade
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Purity wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:19 pm Congratulations Ugbade

I think he's done well so far in the squad selection and composition. And he needs to be commended for the talent that he's assembled.

Because of the very poor pitch and playing conditions, I'll reserve judgement a bit on the player development side.

But TBH, I do not like some of what I see at the individual and team levels...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

aruako1 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:12 am

Cheers.
Tobi you haven't always been a bastion of optimism yourself. You know what they say about stones and glass houses
Quite frankly, I don’t see what my post had to do with optimism or pessimism. It was just a straightforward assessment of what would be an indication that things are finally turning around in terms of overly focusing on foreign born players❗️

Cheers.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:26 pm

Cheers.
Quite frankly, I don’t see what my post had to do with optimism or pessimism. It was just a straightforward assessment of what would be an indication that things are finally turning around in terms of overly focusing on foreign born players❗️

Cheers.

How many foreign born players have we ever used at U17 level, compared to players born in Nigeria?

And to think you live abroad and probably have foreign-born Nigerians.

I mean how can you hate yourself so?

You re special case on this forum. A truly special case...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

txj wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:56 pm

Cheers.

Cheers.

How many foreign born players have we ever used at U17 level, compared to players born in Nigeria?

You’re going off tangent because you clearly do not understand the issue under consideration, which is that once our youngsters have graduated from the youth system, those who don’t manage to get a prominent overseas contract are swept aside in favor of foreign born players. No one, besides you, ever raised the issue of foreign born players at the youth level because it is a non existent issue but here you are ranting and raving about it and accusing me of hating myself. Are you OK? Sounds like you’ve been bottling up some resentment towards me and have been waiting for the ideal time, from your warped perspective, to unleash it but you’ve misfired completely. For the future, you do know where the Rant and Rave forum is, don’t you❓❗️

Cheers.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:28 pm

Cheers.

Cheers.

You’re going off tangent because you clearly do not understand the issue under consideration, which is that once our youngsters have graduated from the youth system, those who don’t manage to get a prominent overseas contract are swept aside in favor of foreign born players. No one, besides you, ever raised the issue of foreign born players at the youth level because it is a non existent issue but here you are ranting and raving about it and accusing me of hating myself. Are you OK? Sounds like you’ve been bottling up some resentment towards me and have been waiting for the ideal time, from your warped perspective, to unleash it but you’ve misfired completely. For the future, you do know where the Rant and Rave forum is, don’t you❓❗️

Cheers.

Which one of those players who do not get a prominent overseas contract and is performing at a high level was ever swept aside in favor of foreign born players?

Which players are these? What top clubs or performances have they exhibited that clearly put them at a higher level than a named foreign based player?

Let us have specific examples.

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

txj wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:38 am

Cheers.

Cheers.

Cheers.

Which one of those players who do not get a prominent overseas contract and is performing at a high level was ever swept aside in favor of foreign born players?

Which players are these? What top clubs or performances have they exhibited that clearly put them at a higher level than a named foreign based player?

So, having initially veered off topic in a most unbecoming manner, you are now trying to deny a well known fact; that there is a decided preference for foreign born players by the current administrators of Nigerian football. You talk about top clubs as if we have that many players playing at top clubs. The irony of your position is that none of the foreign born Nigerian players at top clubs have elected to play for Nigeria. The highest profile player we have, at least until fairly recently, is Iheanacho, who many would like jettisoned for players of questionable profile and caliber. Wasn’t the fairly reliable Ezenwa discarded for Uzoho and Okoye, neither of whom can be said to be stellar? Why hasn’t Azubuike Okechukwu ever gotten more than a cursory look? Our defensive stable of home grown defenders has, since the advent of Rohr, been overhauled and replaced with foreign born players who have left a lot to be desired. Players like Iwuala and Ndah aren’t given serious consideration simply because they don’t play in Europe. It is my sincere hope that ozornwafor won’t meet with the same fate. I could go on and on and on…❗️

Cheers.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:45 am
txj wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:38 am

Cheers.

Cheers.

So, having initially veered off topic in a most unbecoming manner, you are now trying to deny a well known fact; that there is a decided preference for foreign born players by the current administrators of Nigerian football. You talk about top clubs as if we have that many players playing at top clubs. The irony of your position is that none of the foreign born Nigerian players at top clubs have elected to play for Nigeria. The highest profile player we have, at least until fairly recently, is Iheanacho, who many would like jettisoned for players of questionable profile and caliber. Wasn’t the fairly reliable Ezenwa discarded for Uzoho and Okoye, neither of whom can be said to be stellar? Why hasn’t Azubuike Okechukwu ever gotten more than a cursory look? Our defensive stable of home grown defenders has, since the advent of Rohr, been overhauled and replaced with foreign born players who have left a lot to be desired. Players like Iwuala and Ndah aren’t given serious consideration simply because they don’t play in Europe. It is my sincere hope that ozornwafor won’t meet with the same fate. I could go on and on and on…❗️

Cheers.

The more you write the more decidedly stupid you look!

Ezenwa lost his shirt to Uzoho who is NOT foreign born.

Azubuike Okechukwu was considered but found not better than the players in his position; players such as Ndidi, Etebo, Onyeka, Bonke, none of whom is foreign born.

Iwuala was invited and played, just like Onyekuru, but could not take a shirt from the starters, among whom are Moses Simon, Ahmed Musa, Chukwueze, etc, none of whom is foreign born.

Ndah was invited TO REPLACE a foreign born defender in Akpoguma. To replace a foreign born defender in Akpoguma...

Iheanacho until recently has been a strater for the SE. Who wants him jettisoned for players of questionable profile and caliber, and who are these players?

Stop making vacuous statements and state verifiable facts!

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Well done Ugbade

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Purity wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:52 pm Well done Ugbade

:clap: :clap: :clap:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

This programme was done hours before Ghana v Burkina Faso Semi, we thought Ghana was going to win;