OLISEH's NEW GIG..... DISCUSS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
OLISEH's NEW GIG..... DISCUSS

Post by Enugu II »

” German Fourth Tier Is Nigeria Nationwide League Two Equivalent ” Nigerian Fan aims Jibe at Sunday Oliseh’s New Job
https://sportsration.com/german-fourth- ... s-new-job/

Former Super Eagles captain Sunday Oliseh was today announced head coach at German Fourth division club Sv Straelen for the 2022/2023 German Regionalliga West season.

The news has generated positive reactions from Nigerian football fans on social media. While some fans are happy with the move which will see the former Super Eagles Captain and Coach return to the touchline after four years , others believe his profile and qualification are class above the German fourth tier.

Isaac Christopher gave a striking comparison of the German fourth division with the fourth tier of Nigerian club football the Nationwide League Two.

He wrote in his comment ” I know Sunday Oliseh is man enough to take his decisions like he has done but if I am to share my thoughts I will say the German fourth tier is equivalent to the Nigerian Nationwide League two .”

” Don’t look at it from the disadvantaged view of a Nigerian . Fourth division is fourth division and I refuse to celebrate someone who holds a UEFA A liscence certificate and a former Super Eagles Head Coach like Sunday Oliseh going down to handle a team in that division.

” For me it is a slap to our Football. We must work to develop our league so it becomes attractive to us Nigerians. Go through the comments and you will find many Nigerians who will choose the German fourth tier over even the NPFL because of the problems hindering the growth of our league “.

” Congratulations to him on his choice but I won’t take it. ” He concluded.

Sunday Oliseh’s last coaching job was at Dutch side Fortuna Sittard where he enjoyed a rosy start before a poor run and offield differences led to his sack . Sunday Oliseh will hope to revive his coaching career in Germany and hopefully walk his way through to the top flight.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: OLISEH's NEW GIG..... DISCUSS

Post by mcal »

...nonsense ingredient.
A doctoral degree holder can be a taxi driver in the Germany or America, can he do that Nigeria?
Job quality and respect.
Look at our pompous FA chief don't know what they are doing.
Look at our national football field vs that 4th tier league football field.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The only good thing about this job is that the pay is probably decent enough❗️

Cheers.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:51 am The only good thing about this job is that the pay is probably decent enough❗️

Cheers.
Nah, coaches in the german 4th league earn only about 2.825 Euro a month on average! For his qualification he can do better. He has played in Germany, so he should have the connection to get a better gig. For example, the current Ghanaian coach, Ado is assistant coach of Dortmund.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Congrats and good luck to him…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

gochino wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:34 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:51 am The only good thing about this job is that the pay is probably decent enough❗️

Cheers.
Nah, coaches in the german 4th league earn only about 2.825 Euro a month on average! For his qualification he can do better. He has played in Germany, so he should have the connection to get a better gig. For example, the current Ghanaian coach, Ado is assistant coach of Dortmund.
Was born in Germany, grew up in Germany and is German.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

gochino wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:34 am

Cheers.
2,825 Euros is about N1.5m; nothing to sneeze at. Not to mention that he’ll probably be way above average, given his pedigree❗️

Cheers.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Well done to him.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Poor decision. That pay is like 50% of Enyimba coach's salary, all in the name of coaching 'abroad'.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

lacidi wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:49 am Poor decision. That pay is like 50% of Enyimba coach's salary, all in the name of coaching 'abroad'.
His family is abroad. He can probably commute from Belgium to Germany. Not everything is about money. I have had offers to move to Dubai for much more but the potential impact on my autistic son often is the issue.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

With all his talk you'd think he could at least get a decent job. This is poor poor poor for Oliseh.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Sunday Oliseh signs one year deal with 4 tier German club

Watch here: https://t.co/8vc6IsY5ck
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

lacidi wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:49 am Poor decision. That pay is like 50% of Enyimba coach's salary, all in the name of coaching 'abroad'.
...is he being paid as when due? We know naija and their approach to paying their coaches.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Better than nothing
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Purity wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:33 pm Better than nothing
That's why we should learn not to burn our bridges! He tried to stage a comeback as SE coach before the appointment of Peseiro but there was a loud outcry against his appointment.
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:05 pm
That's why we should learn not to burn our bridges! He tried to stage a comeback as SE coach before the appointment of Peseiro but there was a loud outcry against his appointment.

Why can't he seek other jobs? There are jobs in South Africa, North Africa, and elsewhere that might be worthy of the fact that he was a former Nigerian Manager of the Super Eagles than managing this club.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:46 pm
Dammy wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:05 pm

Why can't he seek other jobs? There are jobs in South Africa, North Africa, and elsewhere that might be worthy of the fact that he was a former Nigerian Manager of the Super Eagles than managing this club.
Glad he found employment.

But Prof., you are talking like he can go and employ himself. Like Chief Dammy opined, one should try not to be seen as a recalcitrant character, burning bridges along the way.

I wish him well... he is older now, so maybe, he is more malleable from his typical uncompromising stance.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Hopefully he will not go there to fight everyone & tell them how they did it playing on the "94 team :)
Wish him all the best
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I think the problem with our ex-pros is poor retirement planning.
Most of them wait until they are out of football to begin thinking of the next steps and taking their licenses. Where this is a process that should begin during your playing career...the latter stages of the playing career...

I cannot criticize him, not knowing the full details of how and why...

But with his pedigree, he should've been on a higher level with good planning.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Man must wack or he just needs somewhere to let off steam on a daily basis while still looking for the right job? It says it’s a one-year contract.

Hope he finds a proper job soon.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:40 pm I think the problem with our ex-pros is poor retirement planning.
Most of them wait until they are out of football to begin thinking of the next steps and taking their licenses. Where this is a process that should begin during your playing career...the latter stages of the playing career...

I cannot criticize him, not knowing the full details of how and why...

But with his pedigree, he should've been on a higher level with good planning.
When you are not angry or abusing someone you make some sense... I no wan say you make sense.... just some! :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Lolly wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:41 pm Man must wack or he just needs somewhere to let off steam on a daily basis while still looking for the right job? It says it’s a one-year contract.

Hope he finds a proper job soon.

The modern game works differently these days, which is why I'm hesitant to criticize.

Nagglesman's main assistant at Bayern, Gluck comes from a background of football discussion on an internet platform. One of the leading minds in football analysis in Germany...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

We actually judging /commenting on a mans hustle to better his life by standards we have set for him !!
when none of us here is Oliseh and wearing his shoes .. I did not see anywhere in his talks that he has judged anyone else for jobs they have taken o. Abeg if he did make una highlight am here for us to read . Thank you.

Na waya.

Anyway congrats and best wishes to him.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates