Nwakali to Swtzerland?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gochino
Egg
Egg
Nwakali to Swtzerland?

Post by gochino »

Three-time Swiss Cup champions Luzern are weighing up a move for Super Eagles midfielder Kelechi Nwakali who is currently without a club

https://soccernet.ng/2022/06/three-time ... akali.html
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Nwakali to Swtzerland?

Post by Tobi17 »

Please God let this be true oooo!!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:46 am Please God let this be true oooo!!!
Why what's so special about Switzerland?
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He is too talented to be playing in Switzerland, however, at this point he just needs a club.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

gochino wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:07 pm
We’re just thanking God the young man might be about to get a job.

Personally, I think Nwakali’s popularity is a head-scratcher that only makes sense because we over-value youth football (which makes sense; it’s one level we have anything to celebrate at the world stage).

He’s one of millions of very talented young people who lack the other intangibles that make someone a top player. I wish him well though.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

waka-man wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:53 pm

Personally, I think Nwakali’s popularity is a head-scratcher that only makes sense because we over-value youth football (which makes sense; it’s one level we have anything to celebrate at the world stage).

He’s one of millions of very talented young people who lack the other intangibles that make someone a top player. I wish him well though.
Nah, even as disappointing as he has been since the youth level, he still brings something to the super eagles that no current player brings; possession in the middle, play making from the deep midfield position and accurate set pieces, we saw a glimpse of that at Afcon.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:40 pm

Nah, even as disappointing as he has been since the youth level, he still brings something to the super eagles that no current player brings; possession in the middle, play making from the deep midfield position and accurate set pieces, we saw a glimpse of that at Afcon.
I think that is more an indictment of the SE rather than a celebration of Nwakali's pedigree.
I agree 100% with what waka-man has said.

We all fell in love with our youth starts and understandably so, but we have to accept that youth football is light years away from the full adult game.
Raw talent is only maybe 20% of the story.

Look at that super-talented Iheanacho class of 2013.
How many of them made it through?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I think he brings value to the SE, since we are short of true "two-way" or "box to box" midfielders. Hopefully Peserio will look his way if he starts performing well at club well.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

olu wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:20 pm I think he brings value to the SE, since we are short of true "two-way" or "box to box" midfielders. Hopefully Peserio will look his way if he starts performing well at club well.
No sure about being a 2-way midfielder. The guy can pass but his workrate is very low. He strolls around sometimes like Ozil. Ozil thrilled us with his passing and assists but when you are not Messi or Ronaldo and you don't hustle (tackle, tracking back etc..) you are bound to clash with your coaches. Ozil is currently frozen out by the Fenebarche coach and I feel like Nwakali might be having issues with his past coaches for not playing to instruction.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I was worried when he couldn't cut it in the dutch league. Most players do well in the dutch league unless you're a Chelsea youth player. At this point, his career trajectory is not better than the Swiss, Sweden, Norway or the Scottish league if we are being honest. If he balla, big clubs will notice and come calling.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He doesn't have the work-rate of Ndidi or even Nwobodo or "prime Etebo",however, I would say his work rate is above average and not very low.
packerland wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:29 pm
olu wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:20 pm I think he brings value to the SE, since we are short of true "two-way" or "box to box" midfielders. Hopefully Peserio will look his way if he starts performing well at club well.
No sure about being a 2-way midfielder. The guy can pass but his workrate is very low. He strolls around sometimes like Ozil. Ozil thrilled us with his passing and assists but when you are not Messi or Ronaldo and you don't hustle (tackle, tracking back etc..) you are bound to clash with your coaches. Ozil is currently frozen out by the Fenebarche coach and I feel like Nwakali might be having issues with his past coaches for not playing to instruction.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:05 pm

I think that is more an indictment of the SE rather than a celebration of Nwakali's pedigree.

We all fell in love with our youth starts and understandably so, but we have to accept that youth football is light years away from the full adult game.

I am with you. Dude took one free kick in SE practice and it be like say Jay Jay was reborn. The data so far just does not support the hype. I hope he gets a club but weary there will be yet another excuse should he flail in another lowly team
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

You guys self; na waa!!
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

kawawa wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:01 pm
Damunk wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:05 pm

I am with you. Dude took one free kick in SE practice and it be like say Jay Jay was reborn. The data so far just does not support the hype. I hope he gets a club but weary there will be yet another excuse should he flail in another lowly team
He did some useful things here not just in practice:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Does he have an Agent?
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Does he have an Agent?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Nwakali has turned down FC Zurich because he wants more than €23,000 a month, Zurich will be playing CL football. Ok o.

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/07/ ... ore-money/
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:59 pm Nwakali has turned down FC Zurich because he wants more than €23,000 a month, Zurich will be playing CL football. Ok o.

Is that the best offer? Suppose he gets better monetary offer from another team playing CL? Just asking because I have no idea if that is tge best offer on the table.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Being clubless, teams realize he may not be able to negotiate from a place of strength and will probably give him low wage offers. I hope he finds a decent team with decent pay.

That's a major drawback of not having a strong local league. If we had a better league, players unable to make it in Europe would be coming back to the NPFL, or better still only leaving Nigeria for a top league.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:11 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:59 pm Nwakali has turned down FC Zurich because he wants more than €23,000 a month, Zurich will be playing CL football. Ok o.

Is that the best offer? Suppose he gets better monetary offer from another team playing CL? Just asking because I have no idea if that is tge best offer on the table.
I don't know either. However, considering how many yrs he's been literally inactive, I'd assume he'd put a premium on playing regularly. FC Zurich would've been a good team for hm but maybe he's worth more.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Though the remuneration on offer looks small, he can negotiate other perks and bonuses that would make it worthwhile e.g.

1. bonuses against milestones (games and minutes played, goals scored etc.

2. Perks like his accommodation, car, flights for family holidays etc

3. And duration and exit terms - low buyout clause and shorter contract that would make him an attractive option for other clubs.

I suspect the story is not complete.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Lolly wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:59 am

Though the remuneration on offer looks small, he can negotiate other perks and bonuses that would make it worthwhile e.g.

1. bonuses against milestones (games and minutes played, goals scored etc.

2. Perks like his accommodation, car, flights for family holidays etc

3. And duration and exit terms - low buyout clause and shorter contract that would make him an attractive option for other clubs.

I suspect the story is not complete.

Yup. FC Zurich is a kid club with lots of experience in TOp completions, I don’t think they’d go after him without knowing they could get him. The story get K leg.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Kelechi Nwakali’s brother rubbishes FC Zurich transfer rumours: 'Malicious and unfair!'

Shina Oludare - @sportingshina
|
06 Jul 2022 20:1

The Super Eagles midfielder did not turn down the reigning Swiss Super League champions because of a financial discrepancy

Kelechi Nwakali’s brother, Allwell, has categorically slammed reports that the Nigeria international turned down FC Zurich over a financial disagreement.

The talented midfielder’s future has been a hot topic of debate since Spanish side Huesca terminated his contract in April.

Nwakali was close to joining the Swiss Super League giants afterwards, however, that ambitions faded into the thin air.

And reports in some sect of media claimed the former Arsenal youngster turned down the 13-time Swiss kings because he was not contented with the club’s offers financially.

However, GOAL has since learned that FC Zurich never offered the 24-year-old any contract, while Allwell hit out at the ‘malicious’ news spread around.

“Yes, I can confirm that there were talks between Kelechi Nwakali’s representatives and FC Zurich and there seemed to be strong interest from the club,” Nwakali’s brother told GOAL.

“However, in football, there are a lot of moving parts, the communication dwindled when their coach left for the Bundesliga.

“Kelechi never received an official offer from FZ Zurich not to talk of refusing an offer because of money.

“Kelechi is committed to playing football in a club with a good footballing project and money is not the primary consideration for him at this time.

“For anyone to start a story about him to label him in this manner seems malicious and unfair.”

Currently, the midfielder is training alone and his next destination is expected to be announced before the start of the 2022-23 campaign.

During the 2021-22 season, Nwakali featured in 19 league games before joining the Nigeria national team for the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations.

Since his return after the Super Eagles' failed expedition in Cameroon, he was considered for action by manager Xisco Munoz at his club.

The midfielder claimed the club refused to pay his wages while his mother took ill and threatened to leave him out of the team following his decision to compete at Afcon.

"It comes with huge regret that I am writing this message after SD Huesca announced the termination of my contract,” part of Nwakali’s statement on social media read.

"I have kept silent out of respect for the Huesca fans and my team-mates, but I will no longer suffer in silence. The time has come for people to know the truth and why these past few months have been awful for me and my family.

"In December 2021, I experienced the biggest honour of my life after I received a full international call-up for my beloved Nigeria. But the joy of this moment quickly came crashing down when the club's sporting director, Ruben Garcia, put extreme pressure on me not to go to Afcon due to it 'not being an important tournament'. He told me that if I go to Afcon I will not play for Huesca again. This behaviour and the lack of respect shown to my country Nigeria was truly heart-breaking and it was just the latest example of the club attempting to bully me into getting their own way.”

https://www.goal.com/en-cm/news/kelechi ... 5973bd9b8b
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "