Watch - Emmanuel Michael - Nigeria's 16 year old Freekick Wonder Kid

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Watch - Emmanuel Michael - Nigeria's 16 year old Freekick Wonder Kid

Post by Bigpokey24 »

lovely
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Has a sweet left foot...

I hope he gets an opportunity to continue developing.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Kid has good placement but those goals had more to do with basket Goalies. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

What is good here is that he did not need an Euro manager to have him practice this skill. He has dedicated time to this art like the great ones do everywhere else and the results show. Great work. Hope he continues with it.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Really nice stuff
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:26 pm Kid has good placement but those goals had more to do with basket Goalies. :laugh:
you are cursed with negativity , everyone who posted on this thread gave some insight, but trust the bandit from bodiga to expose his folly
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:36 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:26 pm Kid has good placement but those goals had more to do with basket Goalies. :laugh:
you are cursed with negativity , everyone who posted on this thread gave some insight, but trust the bandit from bodiga to expose his folly
Chai! :rotf: :rotf:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Cellular wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:21 pm Has a sweet left foot...

He has potential but he has to keep improving. More experienced goalies at the senior level will probably save those.

By the way, Nwakali had the same kind of potential at that level, which is encouraging because we know Nwakali can be brilliant with his free kicks and from long range❗️

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:38 pm

He has potential but he has to keep improving. More experienced goalies at the senior level will probably save those.

By the way, Nwakali had the same kind of potential at that level, which is encouraging because we know Nwakali can be brilliant with his free kicks and from long range❗️

Cheers.
TTTK

Clearly, he will need to keep improving as his body matures because to get to senior level football is no beans. I am glad, however, that this kid really works on his freekick technique. Scoring like this does not occur by happenstance, as we all know.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Could it be he makes the goalies look like baskets? All those goalies can't be baskets at once.

My definition of a basket is any goalie that lets in 33 goals in 30 matches in the Israeli league. One piss poor agent may disagree, but it doesn't get any more basket than that.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dude knows what he’s doing, keep it up!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:31 pm Could it be he makes the goalies look like baskets? All those goalies can't be baskets at once.

My definition of a basket is any goalie that lets in 33 goals in 30 matches in the Israeli league. One piss poor agent may disagree, but it doesn't get any more basket than that.
Cmon Onku, those free kicks were good but a decent young goalie in most pro youth teams would save those like you save when flossing.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Exactly!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ok-ooo
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
NationsCup
Egg
Egg

Post by NationsCup »

It's certainly interesting to see that we have not allowed ourselves to mope around for too long over our lack of qualification for the world cup. And we have taken short as well as long term view. First appointing a new manager with a different mindset and going back to the basics

By the basics, we are going back to where we have had some success in the past and moving on from there

I think that it's glaring that we've almost ended up not recognizing our team on field of play. We are only going to get better with time because we now have handlers who can draw from their experiences abroad. It's a shame really that it has not reflected in our NT.

At least, we know what works best for us and we have all seen the dangers of continuing along the path of the last 5 or 6 years or so.

Personally I want to see the team return to competitive football. I recall meeting several people at different times especially from South America in the late 90s and anytime I tell them I am from Nigeria, the topic suddenly changed to football. Then they have not forgotten about Nigeria. I don't know if this is still the same.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

NationsCup wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:18 am It's certainly interesting to see that we have not allowed ourselves to mope around for too long over our lack of qualification for the world cup. And we have taken short as well as long term view. First appointing a new manager with a different mindset and going back to the basics

By the basics, we are going back to where we have had some success in the past and moving on from there

I think that it's glaring that we've almost ended up not recognizing our team on field of play. We are only going to get better with time because we now have handlers who can draw from their experiences abroad. It's a shame really that it has not reflected in our NT.

At least, we know what works best for us and we have all seen the dangers of continuing along the path of the last 5 or 6 years or so.

Personally I want to see the team return to competitive football. I recall meeting several people at different times especially from South America in the late 90s and anytime I tell them I am from Nigeria, the topic suddenly changed to football. Then they have not forgotten about Nigeria. I don't know if this is still the same.

There is indeed a LARGER PRESSURE that is taking place which you are one of the few to acknowledge so far. :clap: :clap: :clap: As I have mentioned, in the past, Pinnick was ushered in as NFF President and he came in with the belief that local development of footballers was not working in Nigeria. He went to work immediately, not only focusing on talent developed overseas for the Super Eagles but he also did the same with all other national teams. The results have been devastating at the youth level and at the senior level it has yet to move Nigeria to a position of dominance at the Africa level. Based on these outcomes, there has been a stringent back lash and fight back. It is obvious, that the pushback has now sent Pinnick back to the drawing board to re-evalu8ate.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

It might be a little too late for him, but is Pinnick finally getting it right with our youth football?
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:16 pm What is good here is that he did not need an Euro manager to have him practice this skill. He has dedicated time to this art like the great ones do everywhere else and the results show. Great work. Hope he continues with it.
Hopefully he does not end up in Europe under the tutelage of the many coaches who would prefer he play water carrier or less cerebral roles. Otherwise, less discerning Africans would come out here and be critical that his lack of upside, thereafter, was a result of him faking his age.

I've noticed many of our people don't understand the dynamics at play here regardless of the activity.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:16 pm What is good here is that he did not need an Euro manager to have him practice this skill. He has dedicated time to this art like the great ones do everywhere else and the results show. Great work. Hope he continues with it.
...but as he progress to more agile goalies he may need Euro manager to hone his skill.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

mcal wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:44 pm
...but as he progress to more agile goalies he may need Euro manager to hone his skill.
What's really important is that the boy develops. It doesn't matter whether it's European or Nigerian coaches that work on him, the end product is what's most important and not some white v black rubbish!
Last edited by Dammy on Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am happy
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:33 pm
NationsCup wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:18 am It's certainly interesting to see that we have not allowed ourselves to mope around for too long over our lack of qualification for the world cup. And we have taken short as well as long term view. First appointing a new manager with a different mindset and going back to the basics

There is indeed a LARGER PRESSURE that is taking place which you are one of the few to acknowledge so far. :clap: :clap: :clap: As I have mentioned, in the past, Pinnick was ushered in as NFF President and he came in with the belief that local development of footballers was not working in Nigeria. He went to work immediately, not only focusing on talent developed overseas for the Super Eagles but he also did the same with all other national teams. The results have been devastating at the youth level and at the senior level it has yet to move Nigeria to a position of dominance at the Africa level. Based on these outcomes, there has been a stringent back lash and fight back. It is obvious, that the pushback has now sent Pinnick back to the drawing board to re-evalu8ate.
When your FA Chairman/President is a fan of EPL... and of the club Arsenal, you will realize the influence it plays in his psyche. Man once abandoned our female national team to go watch his favorite club's game.

His collaborators on this site don't even begin to appreciate the overreaching import of depending almost exclusively on players whose foundation are outside of the shores of Naijaria.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Dammy wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:17 pm
mcal wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:44 pm
What's really important is that the boy develops. It doesn't matter whether it's European or Nigerian coaches that work on him, the end product is what's most important and some white v black rubbish!
:clap: :clap: