Video of Kano Pillars Chairman attacking Assistant Referee during a match

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Video of Kano Pillars Chairman attacking Assistant Referee during a match

Post by Lolly »

Does anyone get done for assault in Nigeria?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Video of Kano Pillars Chairman attacking Assistant Referee during a match

Post by mcal »

...what will the NFA do? The guy need to stripped and banned. Land of no laws, else the referee will sue his pants off for all he got.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mcal wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:05 pm ...what will the NFA do? The guy need to stripped and banned. Land of no laws, else the referee will sue his pants off for all he got.
That should be simpler enough. .... But that really should not be the rend of it. He should be charged in a civil court for assault as well.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Lolly wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:42 am Does anyone get done for assault in Nigeria?
Short answer?

NO!

Na every animal for himself.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Cellular wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:23 pm
Lolly wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:42 am Does anyone get done for assault in Nigeria?
Short answer?

NO!

Na every animal for himself.
I guess you are right.

And some people are advocating gun ownership for the masses. Guess what would happen to that goat if we all carried guns?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Maybe we need to start working out these referees or pay for their gym services since they won’t ban or suspend their attackers. Every video you watch they are being attacked or slapped. Time to clap back. Enough is enough 😞
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Stores were thrown out of the league in the late 70's or early 80's for persistent offending, time for Kano Pillars to suffer similar fate, obviously this chairman angel* of a person needs to be banned for life.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Aswani wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:37 pm Stores were thrown out of the league in the late 70's or early 80's for persistent offending, time for Kano Pillars to suffer similar fate, obviously this chairman angel* of a person needs to be banned for life.
That was Yomi Peters, going around head-butting referees.

Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:49 pm
Aswani wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:37 pm Stores were thrown out of the league in the late 70's or early 80's for persistent offending, time for Kano Pillars to suffer similar fate, obviously this chairman angel* of a person needs to be banned for life.
That was Yomi Peters, going around head-butting referees.
Johnny Kwango should have stayed at Mandilas FC.

Wasn't just him though, the fans were very passionate.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Guy should have been arrested and given a multi year ban.

What nonsense.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

packerland wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:55 pm Maybe we need to start working out these referees or pay for their gym services since they won’t ban or suspend their attackers. Every video you watch they are being attacked or slapped. Time to clap back. Enough is enough 😞
It’s pathetic.
Walahi, if I were a big shot lawyer I’d take up a case like this for free as my own contribution to cleaning up society.
The refs probably don’t even know their civil rights or are just too scared to take on their well connected assailants.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Damunk wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:13 pm
packerland wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:55 pm Maybe we need to start working out these referees or pay for their gym services since they won’t ban or suspend their attackers. Every video you watch they are being attacked or slapped. Time to clap back. Enough is enough 😞
It’s pathetic.
Walahi, if I were a big shot lawyer I’d take up a case like this for free as my own contribution to cleaning up society.
The refs probably don’t even know their civil rights or are just too scared to take on their well connected assailants.
God bless your heart but court court cases is naija never reach a conclusion, especially when it is against a connected person. They will adjourn the case so much that you will eventually give up.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

It’s pathetic.
...the man is club chairman, probably owner meaning he is a very rich man. In Nigeria you know what that means. The only authority that can punish him and will stick will be fifa not the NFA.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mcal wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:52 pm
It’s pathetic.
...the man is club chairman, probably owner meaning he is a very rich man. In Nigeria you know what that means. The only authority that can punish him and will stick will be fifa not the NFA.
Owner, he is not! Kano Pillars is owned by the people of Kano and not by any individual Not even the Governor who is at the service of the people of Kano State.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:28 pm
mcal wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:52 pm
It’s pathetic.
Owner, he is not! Kano Pillars is owned by the people of Kano and not by any individual Not even the Governor who is at the service of the people of Kano State.
...ok, didn't know that. This means he is a mere employee and he and his employer need to be sued. Unfortunately this is Nigeria.