Wafu u17 final Nigeria 2 vs Burkina faso 1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Wafu u17 final Nigeria 2 vs Burkina faso 1

Post by jette1 »

This might be our poorest U17 thus far compared to our previous ones
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The Burkinabes can ball, by far the toughest opponents we faced so far.

Good win by the boys and congrats to Nduka Ugbade.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Kai Ghanaian women dey carry yansh. :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :taunt:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Congrats to the boys. :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

jette1 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:29 pm This might be our poorest U17 thus far compared to our previous ones
Just be happy for the boys. Playing on that pitch wasn't easy ...
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Abbey wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:50 pm
jette1 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:29 pm This might be our poorest U17 thus far compared to our previous ones
Just be happy for the boys. Playing on that pitch wasn't easy ...
Of course Party pooping is always going to be frowned upon but should cloud reflexive assessment either
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

They are good in their own right. I think Manu Garba Tiki Taka football in his U-17 teams, has made us to think that our U-17 team must be tiki taka. All the same the boys have done well. Manu Garba will also forever be remembered for his sexy brand of football.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

How can they be the poorest? They've just dispatched the competition from the toughest region for U17 football in Africa.

We've had other teams that did worse.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Orion wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:41 pm
How can they be the poorest? They've just dispatched the competition from the toughest region for U17 football in Africa.

We've had other teams that did worse.
Orion

Make you helep me axe am oooi!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

The above statement is the biggest load of bullcrap I have ever heard. A team goes to a tournament & wins ALL its games within regulation time might be our poorest? Unbelievable!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Based on what exactly?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Mbata, Okere, Okeke, Daga, Ibrahim Muhammed, Ishaq, Al Hassan Yusuf, Onyedika.... omo midfield 4-5 years from now :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:20 am Mbata, Okere, Okeke, Daga, Ibrahim Muhammed, Ishaq, Al Hassan Yusuf, Onyedika.... omo midfield 4-5 years from now :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
Man the way we're producing midfielders these days, I'm like is there a new midfield producing factory i never knew about...we've always produced more strikers than midfielders in previous years...exciting times ahead for Nigerian football if only we can get our acts together.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

bret- hart wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:20 am Mbata, Okere, Okeke, Daga, Ibrahim Muhammed, Ishaq, Al Hassan Yusuf, Onyedika.... omo midfield 4-5 years from now :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
We always produce plenty players at youth level. But many of them struggle to progress and deliver at senior level.

I pray one or two of the above named comes through for us.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Lolly wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:48 am
We always produce plenty players at youth level. But many of them struggle to progress and deliver at senior level.

How many of them have we given opportunities to prove themselves in the senior team?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:17 am

How many of them have we given opportunities to prove themselves in the senior team?
You first have to prove yourself at club level if you want to be noticed and given a chance by your national team. There are no shortcuts.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Lolly wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:07 am

You first have to prove yourself at club level if you want to be noticed and given a chance by your national team. There are no shortcuts.

I truly struggle with the increasing level of ignorance on this forum.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

How will they come thru when Ahmed Musa and Shehu keep getting callups? By now Onyedika and AL Hassan should have been called up even before the 2021 AFCon.

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

txj wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:26 pm
Lolly wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:07 am

I truly struggle with the increasing level of ignorance on this forum.
Pardon Tobi, he is still basking in the euphoria of engagement. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."