Malcolm Ebiowei is pure BALLER 2022

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jmal
Egg
Egg
Malcolm Ebiowei is pure BALLER 2022

Post by Jmal »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Malcolm Ebiowei is pure BALLER 2022

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Chukwueze clone.

Plays exaxtly the same position and style but imho Chukwueze is slightly better but the fact that he plays in England means he'll get an easy pass like lokkman did.

The boy no be am.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:50 am Chukwueze clone.

Plays exaxtly the same position and style but imho Chukwueze is slightly better but the fact that he plays in England means he'll get an easy pass like lokkman did.

The boy no be am.
with more potential.....

If you check his trajectory till now....he is on the upwards curve, Samu has stagnated a bit....Injuries didnt help though..
He is only 18 and i hoped that he would join united, Rooney worked all summer for it. Kid signed early as the bid from united didnt come.

Conte wasnt that keen but Levy liked him....Hopefully in Palace, he will get to play with Olise and Eze.

He needs to work on his end product, Olise and Eze are better on that front
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I read somewhere that Peseiro has him under his radar for a possible call up in September, I understand Malcolm is Finidi's nephew so that might have a played a role as well.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Enyi wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:50 am

The boy no be am.
with more potential.....

If you check his trajectory till now....he is on the upwards curve, Samu has stagnated a bit....Injuries didnt help though..
He is only 18 and i hoped that he would join united, Rooney worked all summer for it. Kid signed early as the bid from united didnt come.

Conte wasnt that keen but Levy liked him....Hopefully in Palace, he will get to play with Olise and Eze.

You have to look at the trajectory of the player, Malcolm is just 18 and so far has a better trajectory than Chukwueze, moving from Derby County to the premier league to play for a very decent team like Crystal Palace should mean something.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:28 pm I read somewhere that Peseiro has him under his radar for a possible call up in September, I understand Malcolm is Finidi's nephew so that might have a played a role as well.
Some peeps will not like that he's trained by foreign coaches o! :lol:
I am happy
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Dude was supposed to be part of the last u17 team but Manu dropped him for some "big man's," kid.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:34 pm

The boy no be am.
with more potential.....

You have to look at the trajectory of the player, Malcolm is just 18 and so far has a better trajectory than Chukwueze, moving from Derby County to the premier league to play for a very decent team like Crystal Palace should mean something.
if nigeria make to under 21 world cup 2023 ,he should join them or under 23
thanks
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

The only thing he has in common with Samu is that they are both wingers. Completely different style player.

Samu is all pace and fluidity. Rarely attacks from a stationary start-point. And he’s very direct.

Malcolm is much more about strength and operating in tight spaced, able to win his 1:1s high up the field and muscle his way into the box. Malcolm works his opponents hard as opposed to leaving in them in the dust like Samu.

If there is a current SE that is similar, it’s probably Simon, but even Simon is more direct than Malcolm. Lookman is also closer than Samu to Malcolm in style, but Lookman’s gift is movement and positioning and he is not as physically strong as Malcolm. The other comparison could be Amoo, in the sense that both have a rawness about them that suggests significant potential.

He’d be a good one to have in the mix.
Last edited by waka-man on Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

The boy no be am.
Not even close. the only thing this kid has in common with Chukwueze is the over reliant on the left peg.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

The boy no be am.

I've been a big fan for awhile. Very talented player.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The boy no be am.
with more potential.....

Have you seen highlights of Chukwueze at 19Yrs old? He was at Villarreal youth team about to break into the first team which he did. Yes he’s had issues with injury and inconsistency but that can happen to any player. Ebowei needs to give up the ball, based on this video the boy is a ball stopper but he does good potential. Bottom line is that he has more work to do.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:20 pm

The boy no be am.
with more potential.....

Have you seen highlights of Chukwueze at 19Yrs old? He was at Villarreal youth team about to break into the first team which he did. Yes he’s had issues with injury and inconsistency but that can happen to any player. Ebowei needs to give up the ball, based on this video the boy is a ball stopper but he does good potential. Bottom line is that he has more work to do.
Totally agree...we are saying the same thing. Samu has plateaued a bit.....he will recover but Malcolm needs to get more end product, would have loved him under Ten Hag or Cooper but Vieria is a no nonsense manager so should wake him up a bit.

i had a discussion with one of his managers at Derby and was told hat he can play as a second striker.....that did wet my lips though
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

He looks very promising! He has to improve and be more quick, but he is really talented for his age! I see he was born in England, so he is another player with dual nationality that we must cap tie as soon as possible!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:28 pm I read somewhere that Peseiro has him under his radar for a possible call up in September, I understand Malcolm is Finidi's nephew so that might have a played a role as well.
Now that would be very interesting… :D
A quick check reveals two reports on the matter:

https://totorinews.com/manchester-unite ... 7/05/2022/
https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/06/ ... m-ebiowei/

But neither elaborates further.

Meanwhile, it looks like he’s gone with Viera @ Crystal Palace, snubbing ManU.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... B7llZR6p3w
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:54 pm Dude was supposed to be part of the last u17 team but Manu dropped him for some "big man's," kid.
Wow. Really?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pindal123 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:24 pm He looks very promising! He has to improve and be more quick, but he is really talented for his age! I see he was born in England, so he is another player with dual nationality that we must cap tie as soon as possible!
I couldn’t find where he was born, though his wiki page simply says he is “English”.
Also, he’s played for the Netherlands youth team twice. How come?
Just trying to figure out his background. He is supposedly Finidi’s nephew. Sister’s son?
Finidi played for Ajax in the Netherlands. So did she join her brother in Holland at some point and settle there?
Just curious about a very talented Nigerian kid.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:12 pm
bret- hart wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:54 pm Dude was supposed to be part of the last u17 team but Manu dropped him for some "big man's," kid.
Wow. Really?
This talks about it with quotes from Finidi and a picture - that they asked him to cut his dreads at the time and sort of humiliated him before ultimately dropping him, na wa

https://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/su ... er/fh8benp
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:00 pm
Wow. Really?
This talks about it with quotes from Finidi and a picture - that they asked him to cut his dreads at the time and sort of humiliated him before ultimately dropping him, na wa

Thanks maceo4.
I’ve never got this stupidity Nigerian authorities have towards locks.
We have ‘dada’ as part of our culture yet we criminalise dreads.

I hope he has gotten over the humiliation and hasn’t deleted us as an option.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:21 pm
Wow. Really?

Thanks maceo4.

Damunk

It is a shame. But to be correct, it is not just Nigerian authorities. You find the same in the West where braids were frowned upon in the corporate world until a huge fight on that issue ensued.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Wow. Really?

Thanks maceo4.

And most of these old hags have dreads in their pubic areas. Uselesss men :-x :-x Anything to look for "respect me." If you are walking, oh! you are raising your shoulder up. etc etc.

Anyway, thankfully, his Uncle is the coach now. So if he is deserving, then he can speak to him
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:37 pm
Wow. Really?

Thanks maceo4.

Damunk

It is a shame. But to be correct, it is not just Nigerian authorities. You find the same in the West where braids were frowned upon in the corporate world until a huge fight on that issue ensued.
But that’s sad, because these hairstyles are native to us, so we should be the most understanding and accepting of them, of course I can see a society that is majority white with straight hair wouldn’t totally understand the styles that are native to folks with curly/coarse hair and would have to be taught, but what’s our own excuse?

The only thing I can think of is to assert a certain power over and dominate youth as is prevalent in Nigerian culture. Else why is it of so much importance to them when all sorts of hair styles are prevalent among footballers (we are not even talking about the corporate world) and his parents don’t have a problem with it why is it anybody else’s problem? When I watch the dynamic of a lot of our youth team players and how their coaches relate to them it looks like the military or worse, it’s something that’s definitely gonna be foreign to a lot of diaspora kids and off putting.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:58 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:37 pm
Wow. Really?

Thanks maceo4.

Damunk

But that’s sad, because these hairstyles are native to us, so we should be the most understanding and accepting of them, of course I can see a society that is majority white with straight hair wouldn’t totally understand the styles that are native to folks with curly/coarse hair and would have to be taught, but what’s our own excuse?

The only thing I can think of is to assert a certain power over and dominate youth as is prevalent in Nigerian culture. Else why is it of so much importance to them when all sorts of hair styles are prevalent among footballers (we are not even talking about the corporate world) and his parents don’t have a problem with it why is it anybody else’s problem? When I watch the dynamic of a lot of our youth team players and how their coaches relate to them it looks like the military or worse, it’s something that’s definitely gonna be foreign to a lot of diaspora kids and off putting.
Unfortunately you're preaching to the right audience but in the wrong clime, truth is majority of our Nigerian administrators down to the very grassroots of our football are unrepentant dictators and bullies...who knows how many potential talents they have wasted due to their cluelessnes.