I Invited Kalu to SE To Help Him Get a Contract at Gent -- GERNOT ROHR

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
I Invited Kalu to SE To Help Him Get a Contract at Gent -- GERNOT ROHR

Post by Enugu II »

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/07/ ... confesses/

The above had been rumored for sometime, concerning Gernot Rohr but this is the first time it has come up in print. Note that he previously invited a player from Europe with whom he shared a similar managing agency.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I Invited Kalu to SE To Help Him Get a Contract at Gent -- GERNOT ROHR

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

DNQ no good o.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Samuel Kalu was at that point probably our best winger after Chuks.

All the speculation is pointless if the said player DESERVES HIS SPOT ON THE TEAM.

It becomes a problem when the player does not deserve to be there.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:05 pm Samuel Kalu was at that point probably our best winger after Chuks.

All the speculation is pointless if the said player DESERVES HIS SPOT ON THE TEAM.

Simple.....not to mention the source...
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

This thread, like Luca Brazzi, is "swimming with the fishes"....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:05 pm Samuel Kalu was at that point probably our best winger after Chuks.

Our best winger yet he didn't make our World Cup squad despite Simon getting injured :oops: :winking:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

b45t4rd! Thunder will wreck that low life ****

No wonder he cant find a job elsewhere. This low life came to Nigeria, fooked our women and made our men losers! And collected money for it.

Ah! ****, Ko ni da fu e!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Glad it was by your preferred oyibo coach... had it been another person with such allegations against them, you won't need any convincing that it is true and it is what happens.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: wey damunk?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:25 pm

Glad it was by your preferred oyibo coach... had it been another person with such allegations against them, you won't need any convincing that it is true and it is what happens.
Ehen now! thank God its his oyibo god. Had it been an IC, he'd have followed the IC to the grave to desecrate his corpse, like he followed Keshi. :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Rohr said he didn't play a role in the winger's move to Bordeaux but was contacted by the club to cap him for Nigeria in order to(sic) him to him to be able to play for them in Ligue 1.

this is precisely what I've always advocated that we do for talented players, as an investment in the NT. To be done for talented players and in a transparent manner...Countries around the world do this routinely to help their players meet requirements for work permit...

I find it quite troubling the extent Nigerians will go to find rationalization and equivalences for bad behavior. This is in part why Nigeria will never develop...We're always looking for rationalizations...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Right thing to do!

We should always look out for our players.

txj wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:25 pm
Rohr said he didn't play a role in the winger's move to Bordeaux but was contacted by the club to cap him for Nigeria in order to(sic) him to him to be able to play for them in Ligue 1.

this is precisely what I've always advocated that we do for talented players, as an investment in the NT. To be done for talented players and in a transparent manner...Countries around the world do this routinely to help their players meet requirements for work permit...

I find it quite troubling the extent Nigerians will go to find rationalization and equivalences for bad behavior. This is in part why Nigeria will never develop...We're always looking for rationalizations...
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

We shouldn’t encourage this sort of help even if we want to assume Rohr didn’t benefit from it.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

txj wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:25 pm this is precisely what I've always advocated that we do for talented players, as an investment in the NT. To be done for talented players and in a transparent manner...Countries around the world do this routinely to help their players meet requirements for work permit...

But it was NOT done "in a transparent manner"!
We only learnt of it AFTER the fact (following several insinuations about the transfer).

Personally learnt of it a while ago from the original Club site report, but held my peace...
Nonetheless, interesting how you RATIONALIZE everything and anything Oyinbo coaches do.

Here's the original French report:
https://girondins4ever.com/breves/20220 ... -sensible/
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:45 pm https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/07/ ... confesses/

The above had been rumored for sometime, concerning Gernot Rohr but this is the first time it has come up in print. Note that he previously invited a player from Europe with whom he shared a similar managing agency.
Contract at BORDEAUX, you mean... 8-)
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:13 pm We shouldn’t encourage this sort of help even if we want to assume Rohr didn’t benefit from it.
Don't mind TXJ and his fellow travelers...
Capping a player to qualify him for a contract is exactly the "marketing" he accuses LCs of. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

when FCs do it, it's the right thing.
when LCs do it, it's corription
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

For heavens sake, it's not a FC vs LC thing.

Did Kalu deserve to be in SE or not ?

We all know the answer, but let the anti foreign crowd keep yapping.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:20 am For heavens sake, it's not a FC vs LC thing.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:16 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:20 am For heavens sake, it's not a FC vs LC thing.

You know vancity is saying truth. Sh!tt is different, depending on who sh!tt :D
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

fabio wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:37 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:16 pm

You know vancity is saying truth. Sh!tt is different, depending on who sh!tt :D
You know, I used to wonder why we have the politicians we have. And then, I look at the people and it all makes sense. :lol: :lol:

Truth is there are many reasons why they say "you get the leaders you deserve." One of those reason is that the leaders are selected from "the people." So, more often than not, if not all the time, the leader is a reflection of who the people are... or at least majority of them are. It is well. :oops:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Gotti wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:47 pm
txj wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:25 pm this is precisely what I've always advocated that we do for talented players, as an investment in the NT. To be done for talented players and in a transparent manner...Countries around the world do this routinely to help their players meet requirements for work permit...

We only learnt of it AFTER the fact (following several insinuations about the transfer).

Personally learnt of it a while ago from the original Club site report, but held my peace...
Nonetheless, interesting how you RATIONALIZE everything and anything Oyinbo coaches do.

It was on L'Equipe at the time of the transfer. Just because it was not widely known does not mean it was not transparent.
Also, people forget something similar was done wrt Mikel at the time of the protracted transfer from Lyn...

As I've stated here for years, there's nothing wrong with using the SE to advance the careers of players, wherever they maybe based. But it should be targeted at the high value talents, be transparent, and NOT used merely to help agents, which is what most of the local transfers and the advocacy around this is about...

As always, its Gotti with the fake equivalencies...

amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

txj wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:41 pm
Gotti wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:47 pm

It was on L'Equipe at the time of the transfer. Just because it was not widely known does not mean it was not transparent.
Also, people forget something similar was done wrt Mikel at the time of the protracted transfer from Lyn...

As I've stated here for years, there's nothing wrong with using the SE to advance the careers of players, wherever they maybe based. But it should be targeted at the high value talents, be transparent, and NOT used merely to help agents, which is what most of the local transfers and the advocacy around this is about...

As always, its Gotti with the fake equivalencies...
with these type of mental gymnastics, you guys can go compete in Olympics and get gold. haba
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.