ETIM ESIN Undergoes surgey......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
ETIM ESIN Undergoes surgey......

Post by Enugu II »

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/07/ ... alk-again/
Obviously, the campaign has started but nonetheless Pinnick points to some of his work behind the scenes.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: ETIM ESIN Undergoes surgey......

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:00 pm https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/07/ ... alk-again/
Obviously, the campaign has started but nonetheless Pinnick points to some of his work behind the scenes.

This is very strange.
I am curious as to what has suddenly left Ejim Etim ‘wheelchair bound’ and is costing N20m (approx £27,000) to fix.
Was Esin ever known to be suffering from a serious knee condition?
One report describes it as “a ligament injury”.

Hmmm….
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:14 pm
Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:00 pm https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2022/07/ ... alk-again/

This is very strange.
I am curious as to what has suddenly left Ejim Etim ‘wheelchair bound’ and is costing N20m (approx £27,000) to fix.

Hmmm….
I believe that I read of him having lingering injury from his playing days. It had been on the media for a while now.

Pinnick also has claimed that he had been taking care of Gbenga Okunowo who is blind or virtually blind. He reports that he has asked one if the state governments to take over Okumowo's care.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:57 pm
Damunk wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:14 pm

This is very strange.

Hmmm….
I believe that I read of him having lingering injury from his playing days. It had been on the media for a while now.

Pinnick also has claimed that he had been taking care of Gbenga Okunowo who is blind or virtually blind. He reports that he has asked one if the state governments to take over Okumowo's care.
If that is EE in the lower picture, then that leg (and likely knee) look pretty bad and probably more than "a "ligament injury".
At age 55, the otherwise bulky EE's legs shouldn't normally have lost so much muscle mass. It kind of suggests that the leg isn't being used normally. First thing would be to compare it with the other leg.
I hope he gets the proper treatment.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Kudos the Uncle Pinnick.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...strange how things happen in our land :? :?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:57 pm I believe that I read of him having lingering injury from his playing days. It had been on the media for a while now.

Would that be Femi Opabunmi?
I heard Gbenga Okunowo had some issues in the past but not health related. A fire incident completely destroyed his property about 10 years and left him with nothing but help later came from Barcelona FC and I heard he has been a football scout for some time now.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Femi Opabunmi you mean
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

YemiBrazil wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:10 pm
Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:57 pm I believe that I read of him having lingering injury from his playing days. It had been on the media for a while now.

I heard Gbenga Okunowo had some issues in the past but not health related. A fire incident completely destroyed his property about 10 years and left him with nothing but help later came from Barcelona FC and I heard he has been a football scout for some time now.
No INSURANCE?

Someone need to EDUCATE our players
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wanaj0 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:08 pm

No INSURANCE?

...how about the whole of Nigeria? Many do not have insurance, though I don't know how trust worthy insurance business and coverage is at home.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:20 pm

No INSURANCE?

...how about the whole of Nigeria? Many do not have insurance, though I don't know how trust worthy insurance business and coverage is at home.
Like many things in Nigeria, there is a trust problem
I believe it is a bilateral ‘disagreement’. :oops:
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

No INSURANCE?

I assumed (may be wrongly) that the house was in Spain
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Purity wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:52 am Femi Opabunmi you mean
Thanks for the correction. The reference is to Femi Opabunmi.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wanaj0 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:38 pm

No INSURANCE?

...I believe the house was in Nigeria. Ah, if it were in Spain we will not here about it as per his insurance (or government or charity) will take of it somehow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i hope yall recall Etim was shot a while back , maybe it is that injury from the gun $#% wound
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

mcal wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:07 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:38 pm

No INSURANCE?

...I believe the house was in Nigeria. Ah, if it were in Spain we will not here about it as per his insurance (or government or charity) will take of it somehow.
Yes it’s Nigeria, and Ibadan precisely.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

How NFF president saved me from disability, spent N7.6m on my knee injury – Esin

Johnny Edward
2nd July 2022

Former Super Eagles midfielder Etim Esin says he was told by a surgeon who operated on his knee ligament injury that he wouldn’t have been able to walk again if he had delayed surgery by two months, Saturday PUNCH reports.

Esin, who was hospitalised for two weeks, was discharged from The Well Plus Medicals Hospital, Lekki, Lagos on Friday after undergoing a successful surgery and treatment, courtesy of the President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick.

Pinnick heeded to the call of the former player, who reached out to him three weeks ago after he suffered a relapse of the recurring right knee injury he sustained during his active days as a footballer.

The NFF president spent a total of N7,576,950 for the medical bills of Esin, Saturday PUNCH learnt.

Speaking with Saturday PUNCH after he was discharged on Friday, Esin said, “I just got home from hospital today (Friday). Help me thank Amaju (Pinnick) for coming to my aid after I reached out to him.

“The surgery went well and I would not have been able to afford the bills.

“I spent two weeks at the hospital. I had to go through physiotherapy before the main surgery. Who would have coughed out such an amount, if not for him (Pinnick)?

“The surgeon said I’m lucky that I came earlier, that in the next two months I may not have been able to walk again if the knee was not replaced.

“In my life, I always have people who are there for me. The gunshot incident, when I was shot by armed robbers, it was former Head of State, Ibrahim Babangida (who came to my rescue), the rape case in Belgium it was the late Chief Moshood Abiola and now this surgery and Pinnick helped me out.

“It’s just the grace of God. I’m happy it’s a leg issue, not that of an (internal) organ, it’s the same leg I used to play for Nigeria.”

Esin, one of the most gifted players of his generation, is often regarded as one of the most controversial characters in Nigerian football history.

He was shot in the leg by armed robbers in Surulere, Lagos in 1987 and his car snatched after he left the Flying Eagles camp at night unauthorised.

Despite the highly celebrated attack, the retired footballer would go on to represent the country at the 1987 U-20 World Youth Cup few months later.

In the early 1990s, he was charged for raping a minor during his playing days with Lierse FC in Belgium, a claim that was later proven to be false two decades after.

https://punchng.com/how-nff-president-s ... jury-esin/
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:52 am
How NFF president saved me from disability, spent N7.6m on my knee injury – Esin

Johnny Edward
2nd July 2022

Former Super Eagles midfielder Etim Esin says he was told by a surgeon who operated on his knee ligament injury that he wouldn’t have been able to walk again if he had delayed surgery by two months, Saturday PUNCH reports.

Esin, who was hospitalised for two weeks, was discharged from The Well Plus Medicals Hospital, Lekki, Lagos on Friday after undergoing a successful surgery and treatment, courtesy of the President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick.

Pinnick heeded to the call of the former player, who reached out to him three weeks ago after he suffered a relapse of the recurring right knee injury he sustained during his active days as a footballer.

The NFF president spent a total of N7,576,950 for the medical bills of Esin, Saturday PUNCH learnt.

Speaking with Saturday PUNCH after he was discharged on Friday, Esin said, “I just got home from hospital today (Friday). Help me thank Amaju (Pinnick) for coming to my aid after I reached out to him.

“The surgery went well and I would not have been able to afford the bills.

“I spent two weeks at the hospital. I had to go through physiotherapy before the main surgery. Who would have coughed out such an amount, if not for him (Pinnick)?

“The surgeon said I’m lucky that I came earlier, that in the next two months I may not have been able to walk again if the knee was not replaced.

“In my life, I always have people who are there for me. The gunshot incident, when I was shot by armed robbers, it was former Head of State, Ibrahim Babangida (who came to my rescue), the rape case in Belgium it was the late Chief Moshood Abiola and now this surgery and Pinnick helped me out.

“It’s just the grace of God. I’m happy it’s a leg issue, not that of an (internal) organ, it’s the same leg I used to play for Nigeria.”

Esin, one of the most gifted players of his generation, is often regarded as one of the most controversial characters in Nigerian football history.

He was shot in the leg by armed robbers in Surulere, Lagos in 1987 and his car snatched after he left the Flying Eagles camp at night unauthorised.

Despite the highly celebrated attack, the retired footballer would go on to represent the country at the 1987 U-20 World Youth Cup few months later.

In the early 1990s, he was charged for raping a minor during his playing days with Lierse FC in Belgium, a claim that was later proven to be false two decades after.

https://punchng.com/how-nff-president-s ... jury-esin/
I’m not knocking a good gesture, but could NFF intervention be an attempt to garner sympathy votes for the upcoming election?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .