MADUKA OKOYE Declares Availability for Eagles.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
MADUKA OKOYE Declares Availability for Eagles.......

Post by Enugu II »

Maduka Okoye: I’m ready to play for Super Eagles again
https://scorenigeria.com.ng/maduka-okoy ... gles-again
Score Nigeria Reporter by Score Nigeria Reporter July 1, 2022 11:57 am

Watford goalkeeper Maduka Okoye has said he is now available for selection by the Super Eagles.

Okoye has not played for Nigeria since his blunder against Tunisia cost Nigeria a place in the quarterfinal of the 2021 AFCON in Cameroon.

The fans vilified him as a result.

Covid-19 kept him out of the 2022 World Cup playoffs against Ghana in March.

Speculations have been rife that Okoye has shunned moves to return to the Super Eagles.

However, an NFF Official has said the goalkeeper is open to play again for the country.

“He’s available for selection for the next set of games,” said Ayo Ibidapo of the NFF media office.

“Not true Maduka Okoye has ignored attempts by coach Jose Peseiro and his technical crew to reach out to him.

“Contrary to reports, Okoye has been speaking with Super Eagles team administrator Dayo Enebi and wondered where such emanated from.”

The Super Eagles will next take on Guinea Bissau in a double header in September in continuation of the 2023 AFCON qualifiers.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: MADUKA OKOYE Declares Availability for Eagles.......

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:13 pm

Watford goalkeeper Maduka Okoye has said he is now available for selection by the Super Eagles.

Okoye has not played for Nigeria since his blunder against Tunisia cost Nigeria a place in the quarterfinal of the 2021 AFCON in Cameroon.

Speculations have been rife that Okoye has shunned moves to return to the Super Eagles.

However, an NFF Official has said the goalkeeper is open to play again for the country.

“He’s available for selection for the next set of games,” said Ayo Ibidapo of the NFF media office.

Not true Maduka Okoye has ignored attempts by coach Jose Peseiro and his technical crew to reach out to him.

“Contrary to reports, Okoye has been speaking with Super Eagles team administrator Dayo Enebi and wondered where such emanated from.”

The Super Eagles will next take on Guinea Bissau in a double header in September in continuation of the 2023 AFCON qualifiers.
I was pretty sure all those tales by moonlight just provided an opportunity for haters to offload their frustration and for some, dislike, on the guy.
I told y’all he’d be back as no 1, no shakin.

Anyone wey no like am, transformer plenty for Naija, no light. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Weren't the statement about Okoye ignoring text messages and calls attributed to Ike in the report?

[url]https://scorenigeria.com.ng/maduka-okoy ... les-again/?

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:20 pm

Not true Maduka Okoye has ignored attempts by coach Jose Peseiro and his technical crew to reach out to him.

I was pretty sure all those tales by moonlight just provided an opportunity for haters to offload their frustration and for some, dislike, on the guy.

Anyone wey no like am, transformer plenty for Naija, no light. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I see what you did there
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

jette1 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:59 pm

I see what you did there; Finidi should have quashed the rumor that he wouldnt answer his phone nor return calls. sometimes it beats me why my people are this timid

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

As back up to Akpeyi :sneaky:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Cito wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:04 pm

As back up to Akpeyi :sneaky:
But seriously; Akpei should be above Uzoho After OKOYE of course. uzoho should be third until he starts playing club football

pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

jette1 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:12 pm But seriously; Akpei should be above Uzoho After OKOYE of course. uzoho should be third until he starts playing club football
Akpeyi is almost 36 years old! We must call players who can play for the next 4 years.

Uzoho is better than Okoye if he finds a good club where he can play regularly.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pindal123 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:09 pm
jette1 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:12 pm But seriously; Akpei should be above Uzoho After OKOYE of course. uzoho should be third until he starts playing club football
Akpeyi is almost 36 years old! We must call players who can play for the next 4 years.

Uzoho is better than Okoye if he finds a good club where he can play regularly.
Declared with utmost confidence based on ….what exactly?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:23 pm Declared with utmost confidence based on ….what exactly?
Based on their performances! Okoye has better reflexes but he isn't able to keep a ball in his hands!
Based on what you say the contrary?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pindal123 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:26 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:23 pm Declared with utmost confidence based on ….what exactly?
Based on their performances! Okoye has better reflexes but he isn't able to keep a ball in his hands!
I’d rather base my conclusions on the opinions of coaches that work with them both and subsequently make their choices.
I’d rather not make the kind of assumptions we read on these pages when such decisions are at odds with fans’ views.
You’ve probably seen some of the more ridiculous stuff yourself. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:33 pm
I’d rather base my conclusions on the opinions of coaches that work with them both and subsequently make their choices.
I’d rather not make the kind of assumptions we read on these pages when such decisions are at odds with fans’ views.
You’ve probably seen some of the more ridiculous stuff yourself. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Before his injury vs Brazil Uzoho was ahead of Okoye based on coaches choices but I can’t call it now until they go head to head again with the new crew in place. But neither of them currently is NT caliber if we are looking to make any significant impact.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:01 pm
Before his injury vs Brazil Uzoho was ahead of Okoye based on coaches choices but I can’t call it now until they go head to head again with the new crew in place. But neither of them currently is NT caliber if we are looking to make any significant impact.
’National team calibre’, is relative.
They’re the best we have at the moment.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:41 pm
They are the 'best' that we have according to the managers who selected them.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:56 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:41 pm
They are the 'best' that we have according to the managers who selected them.
You have given them your mandate so until you change managers, they are the best.

Well, Pereiro hasn't actually picked Okoye yet.
So you are half way there.
But don't complain when he does, as he surely will.... :taunt:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Na wa-oo! So all deese stories about the young man don comot for the Super-eagles' team na lie, eh? Choi, I go die-oo
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:56 pm You have given them your mandate so until you change managers, they are the best.
If the managers make a choice it doesn't mean it's the best choice!
Also usually the following manager is always influenced by the previous manager's coiches.
If Rohr had never called up Okoye, i'm sure he would never have been called by Eguavoen, or would be called by Peseiro.

I don't say Okoye must not be called up, but in my picking order Uzoho and Adeleye are above him!
I think he can be a jolly for the penality kicks since he has good reflexes, but during the match the other 2 are better!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pindal123 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:00 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:56 pm You have given them your mandate so until you change managers, they are the best.
If the managers make a choice it doesn't mean it's the best choice!
Also usually the following manager is always influenced by the previous manager's coiches.
If Rohr had never called up Okoye, i'm sure he would never have been called by Eguavoen, or would be called by Peseiro.

I don't say Okoye must not be called up, but in my picking order Uzoho and Adeleye are above him!
I think he can be a jolly for the penality kicks since he has good reflexes, but during the match the other 2 are better!
Like I said, its all subjective opinion and we as fans are entitled to it.
But I wont say my opinion is superior to those of the coaches and managers that actually work with the players.

We will wait and see my my money is on Peseiro still picking Okoye as his Number One.